shape
carat
color
clarity

Recommendations for Mascara

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that is good for sensitive eyes and non-clumpy? In the past, I've liked Clinique but I'm finding it clumpy now.

TIA :))

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was JUST thinking about starting a thread like this. I've been using "They're Real" by Benefit. I do like it, but it takes forever to come off of my lashes. Following this thread with interest!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, ihy! What's involved in removing that mascara?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too Faced's Better than Sex. BEST mascara hands down. You can google the reviews. They're very good.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've tried benefits "they're real" and badgal.

I prefer a wire brush over a rubber one, and I always felt the they're real was clumpy. (But I attribute a lot of that to the brush)

So I use BadGal if I'm using benifits.

I'm currently using urban decay's perversion and I'm very happy with it. Doesn't clump, nice wire brush, one coat application.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been using Cover Girl Clump Crusher for a while now. It's fairly natural look - no real obvious lash thickeners or anything. The brush is great and give good separation and truly no clumping. It's "water resistant" but not waterproof, so it comes off with my regular cleanser and water.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1451860343|3970102 said:
I've tried benefits "they're real" and badgal.

I prefer a wire brush over a rubber one, and I always felt the they're real was clumpy. (But I attribute a lot of that to the brush)

So I use BadGal if I'm using benifits.

I'm currently using urban decay's perversion and I'm very happy with it. Doesn't clump, nice wire brush, one coat application.

It's $22 bucks but ulta sells it + a full sized urban decay eyeliner also perversion colored (BLACK!) So I am happy with the price there, its 24 bucks there

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tarte

CrazyBirdLady

Shiny_Rock
Im very happy with Chanel le volume. It lasts forever without drying out and goes on perfectly.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
baby nurse|1451859547|3970094 said:
Thanks, ihy! What's involved in removing that mascara?

I use a liquid eye make-up remover (just Target brand - nothing fancy), and it takes a lot to remove it and sometimes there are still remnants the next day! I've used better make-up removers as well and have had the same issues.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I use the high impact from clinique, but it has been getting clumpy recently, you are right.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't wear mascara every day, but when I do, I favor Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara - I like the lightweight formula and the way it lengthens/darkens/defines every lash but not in a heavy way (though it is buildable). It lasts well and (at least for me) does not clump or flake, nor does it bother my sensitive eyes. And, it comes off easily enough with regular face wash.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Mac Extended Play Lash - absolutely no clumps. I adore mascara and I've tried sooooooo many. I like the Mac mostly because it's so clump-free (that's a major pet peeve of mine). However, it does tend to make my lashes a bit stiff, so I'm still on the hunt for what I would consider my perfect mascara. I just ordered a new one from Sephora called Feather Noir by Marc Jacobs.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1451874352|3970195 said:
Mac Extended Play Lash - absolutely no clumps. I adore mascara and I've tried sooooooo many. I like the Mac mostly because it's so clump-free (that's a major pet peeve of mine). However, it does tend to make my lashes a bit stiff, so I'm still on the hunt for what I would consider my perfect mascara. I just ordered a new one from Sephora called Feather Noir by Marc Jacobs.

Have you tried any of the other ones listed? I find the urban decay one my favorite and I've tried benifits, clinique, as well as dior, and some other ones I can't remember lol. I thought this has a smooth, never crispy, clump free consistency.

I will admit though. I have long, thick and black lashes SK my goal with a mascara is to define what I already have. Which I don't think is the goal for everyone ::)

mjg

Rough_Rock
I love perfekt's lash perfection gel. Sephora has it. I also like the Dior mascara (Dior show I think?) but stopped using that when I switched to more natural cosmetics.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've used Lancome Definicils for years & have really liked how it applies, & wears. It comes off easily with the liquid makeup remover they sell as well.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sarahb|1451875467|3970206 said:
I've used Lancome Definicils for years & have really liked how it applies, & wears. It comes off easily with the liquid makeup remover they sell as well.
Lancome! That was the other one I've tried. I liked that too.

I'd suggest trying to find samples! Op, try them all lol

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Niel|1451875098|3970202 said:
momhappy|1451874352|3970195 said:

Have you tried any of the other ones listed? I find the urban decay one my favorite and I've tried benifits, clinique, as well as dior, and some other ones I can't remember lol. I thought this has a smooth, never crispy, clump free consistency.

I will admit though. I have long, thick and black lashes SK my goal with a mascara is to define what I already have. Which I don't think is the goal for everyone ::)

Yes, I've tried many of the others listed here. Dior and Benefit are a couple of my go-to's as is Lancome. I don't think I've ever tried a Clinique mascara - it's not a brand I tend to shop very often.
I have long lashes, but they are very light in color. In a perfect world, I would find a 100% clump-free mascara that is jet black, curling, lengthening, separating, soft, and removes easily at the end of the day. That's not too much to ask, right? ;-) :lol:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Niel|1451875869|3970208 said:

Sephora takes returns, so if you buy a mascara, try it, and don't like it, you can simply return it and try a new one until you find one you like.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1451876060|3970210 said:

Sephora takes returns, so if you buy a mascara, try it, and don't like it, you can simply return it and try a new one until you find one you like.

Really? Do you tell them its been used? Ive returned one thing there and it wasn't used but if it had been they made me believe they wouldn't accept it.

What do they do with it?

carabella

Shiny_Rock
Lancome Defincils is my all-time favorite. The primer they have is wonderful,too. Cils something, it comes in a white tube. It goes on white and makes it much easier to apply mascara, especially if you get up really early like I do.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I swear by L'oreal Voluminous Original. Its very smooth, and one tube lasts 6 months.
I have used many kinds over the years, and this one doesn't clump, doesn't flake, doesn't make me look like a raccoon at the end of the day. It washes off easily with soap and water.

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
Niel|1451877598|3970217 said:

Really? Do you tell them its been used? Ive returned one thing there and it wasn't used but if it had been they made me believe they wouldn't accept it.

What do they do with it?

I have no clue what Sephora does with the returns . . .I assume toss the product bz of health codes. Even though that store can be a bit more pricey I do like their return policy bz it makes me feel as if I can try something new with no worries. It encourages me to give it a try.
Yup I tell the sales associate that the product was used(usually I don't have the box) and why I didn't like the product.
I am part of their "rewards" program so the info is all in the computer.
Once it was an eye cream (wasn't hydrating enough), once it was a lip stick . . . GREAT in the store but IRL way to bright I kinda felt like bozo the clown.

Most of the time the sales associates are great . . . "sure, do you want something else or credit back to the charge card" one time I had a sales associate be less than accommodating and she "had to ask a manager" but yes Sephora should accept returns

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
Diorshow. Best masrcara ever. The Blackout version can be hard to remove. Stick to the original. I love it. Worth every penny.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

+1

Love it. Best seller at Nordstrims. I had also been a loyal Cliniqe user. They must have changed formulas. I asked the Norstrom sales person for the best selling favorites. This was his top pick. He was right. Best results, not heavy, easy to remove and doesn't smear.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
16ocean|1451882404|3970245 said:
Niel|1451877598|3970217 said:

What do they do with it?

I have no clue what Sephora does with the returns . . .I assume toss the product bz of health codes. Even though that store can be a bit more pricey I do like their return policy bz it makes me feel as if I can try something new with no worries. It encourages me to give it a try.
Yup I tell the sales associate that the product was used(usually I don't have the box) and why I didn't like the product.
I am part of their "rewards" program so the info is all in the computer.
Once it was an eye cream (wasn't hydrating enough), once it was a lip stick . . . GREAT in the store but IRL way to bright I kinda felt like bozo the clown.

Most of the time the sales associates are great . . . "sure, do you want something else or credit back to the charge card" one time I had a sales associate be less than accommodating and she "had to ask a manager" but yes Sephora should accept returns

Yes, I've returned dozens of items (almost all of which are used). It's awesome to have the ability to try a product out and return if if you don't like it. I think about all of the department store and/or drug store beauty purchases I've made over the years that ended up in my trash because they didn't work out (and I couldn't return them). I adore Sephora and I am a VIB Rouge member (with free two-day shipping).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
stracci2000|1451878450|3970220 said:
I swear by L'oreal Voluminous Original. Its very smooth, and one tube lasts 6 months.
I have used many kinds over the years, and this one doesn't clump, doesn't flake, doesn't make me look like a raccoon at the end of the day. It washes off easily with soap and water.

I used to use this mascara when I wear mascara and agree it is a good one. Doesn't clump, evenly separates the lashes and lengthens them and is easy to remove. I never use waterproof mascara as that causes too much wear and tear when removing.

My favorite mascara however is Maybelline Full and Soft. Best mascara I have ever used. Really goes on evenly and makes my lashes look long and luscious.

Baby Nurse, my eyes are super sensitive and this mascara does not irritate them. However just be careful when you try anything new because we can all have different reactions. Hope you find your holy grail mascara!

Stracci, please don't keep one tube for 6 months though. You need to replace your mascara at least every 3 months to prevent any contamination or health issues OK? The great thing about this mascara is it is so inexpensive so easy peasy to replace. I use mascara maybe two times a week at most so you know a tube could last a year for me LOL but I replace every 3 months to be safe.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results