shape
carat
color
clarity

Recommend your embosser?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
I''m looking for a desk or hand embosser that has the option to change plates. Of course, there are many to choose from. I would have just ordered the one on Papersource because the website itself gets such high marks in quality and performance all around, but theirs is out of stock right now. I may wait for it to come back but in the meantime would like to know of others that are good as well and in the same price range ($25-$45).

Thank you!

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
i don''t have any experience with others, but i bought the paper source one and love it

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I just ordered mine last week and haven't received it yet, but the customer service has been great and the custom art was only $10 extra. I used Wilshire Graphic Press. They actually give rewards for referrals, but PS doesn't allow that, so I'm referring them on their own merit! My embosser was a bit higher than your current range, but the custom art engraving saved me a bundle. It should be here in the next few days... they even sent me a tracking number... so I'll try it out as soon as I get it and let you know.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/2/2007 10:37:10 AM
Author: sumbride
I just ordered mine last week and haven''t received it yet, but the customer service has been great and the custom art was only $10 extra. I used Wilshire Graphic Press. They actually give rewards for referrals, but PS doesn''t allow that, so I''m referring them on their own merit! My embosser was a bit higher than your current range, but the custom art engraving saved me a bundle. It should be here in the next few days... they even sent me a tracking number... so I''ll try it out as soon as I get it and let you know.
That one looks quite lovely :) I actually found that on Ebay last night for $40 (which includes one plate) but I hadn''t heard of it''s quality or even it''s brand name. I may just wait it out to see what you think of your new toy before jumping on the bid
1.gif
There seem to be plenty on Ebay. If you don''t mind, would you come back to this thread when you get a chance and let me know how it goes?

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Does the one on ebay give you a chance to customize the plate? I''m picturing you buying a plate with someone else''s name on it? Or is it like a store where you give the details and they make it for you?

Mine was $99, including one custom art plate and one address plate for envelopes. Unfortunately the address plate is for my parents, since my mom is hosting the wedding, but I''m planning to order another plate later with OUR last name and address. I''m so excited about embossing, I may actually start writing letters again!

According to the tracking info, my embosser will be delivered either tonight or tomorrow so I''ll be sure to post as soon as I''ve tried it out.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Got it and love it! It''s small, easy to use, and makes a good image, plus it''s easy to change out the plates. I''m happy!

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sold :) I will go and purchase it sometime tonight :) Thank you for your review :)

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Sumbride~ I meant to ask you if you had to really apply a ton of pressure to have it give a nice impression? That annoys me on my little Fiskars embosser that I (try to) use from time to time.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
No, it doesn''t take much pressure at all. I''ve been practicing with it and it literally is just a push down on the handle. I got the desktop model for that reason. They said the hand-held required a lot more pressure and I don''t have that much hand strength thanks to too much time with a mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results