shape
carat
color
clarity

Recommend vegetarian cookbooks please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SassyB

Shiny_Rock
Hi!
I''m not a vegetarian - however I like cooking and trying new things. I''m really into healthy (and yummy) meals.

What is your fav. vegetarian cookbook?

cushionladyESQ

Shiny_Rock
Trade
The Moosewood cookbook is good. They are a restaurant out of Ithaca, NY and I have been to the restaurant also and it''s good. I am a vegetarian and haven''t found tons of cookbooks I like (I tend to buy general cookbooks and then alter recipes), or I also search for online recipes a lot.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll second the moosewood line, only I have on good faith from a former cook there that they have left out "secret" seasonings from many of their recipes so don''t be afraid to experiment with them and adapt to taste.

My favorite is "The Complete Italian Vegetarian Cookbook". It is especially good for mixed eaters-ie: food that happens to be vegetarian as opposed to a reliance on tofu and substitutes.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I''m a huge fan of Mark Bittman -- he has a veggie cookbook called "How to Cook Everything Vegetarian," which I don''t own but if it''s similar to his other books, it''s well worth checking out.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I''ve had really good luck with "Everyday Greens" by Annie Somerville - she is the chef at Greens restaurant, my all time favorite (as a vegetarian of 22 years
9.gif
).

I''ve really liked all of the recipes I''ve tried from this cookbook
1.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some of the Moosewood books are better than others-check the Amazon reviews.

What kind of food do you already cook?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite is out of print, but you might be able to pick up an inexpensive used copy on abebooks.com or amazon:

Fast Vegetarian Feasts, by Martha Rose Shulman (1982)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results