shape
carat
color
clarity

Recommend Some Gowns

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
This is going to sound a little nutty so please don''t judge. I have been trying to find the perfect dress but I just haven''t found the one. However, in my search .. I actually purchased 2 pricier gowns and had one custom made in China. The Pronovias Nemesis is the first dress I ever tried on and I snatched up the only one I found which is too big and a little too off white (my fiance thinks everything looks yellow and doesn''t like it). I fell in love with the Melissa Sweet Dora after seeing it on PS and it is just such a fun dress. I plan to wear it during the reception but I know it is very far from what my fiance envisioned and I am pretty sure he won''t like it. The dress I made in China meets all my asks but the quality of the material and workmanship is just too poor. It will make an amazing trash the dress gown but not for my wedding.

To give you some background, I am pretty tiny at just over 5 feet and around 90 lbs.

My wishlist includes:
1. Sweet heart neckline
2. V-back
3. No corset back - love buttons
4. Lace or Tulle
5. Sparkly - love the swarsowki crystals

Can anyone please recommend some gowns for me - I am out of ideas? Help!

Pricescope Charmy Dresses.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
OK I don't have any recommendations, but I really like the Melissa Sweet Dora dress! Can you add some sparkle to it somehow? Or it seems like you want to wear it for the reception, so I guess you are looking for a ceremony dress?

Also, just curious, what does your FI envision?

Anyway, not engaged yet so I haven't looked for dresses, but I watch say yes to the dress a lot
1.gif
1.gif
good luck finding the perfect dress for your tiny frame!

ETA I did some poking around online at Kenneth Pool, Lazaro, and some other websites...do you want ball gown? mermaid? a-line? I just like looking at dresses :)

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I am really short and I found that some gowns overwhelmed me. I looked best in mermaid and a-line dresses.

He can never describe what he envisions me in and he refuses to see the potential dress. I showed him the dress I made in China since I was sure I wasn''t wearing it. He said that it was what he envisioned.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
yeah, I think some of the really poofy gowns can overwhelm smaller brides. I'll keep poking around on the internet, because I like looking at pretty dresses
1.gif

ETA have you tried searching at onewed.com? there are sooo many dresses I don't even know what to recommend but maybe you'll see something that catches your eye!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Allycat had a smokin hot mermaid style dress...

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/identifying-a-dress.94076/

slg47

Ideal_Rock
this is someone on PS''s dress (forgot who...)...it doesn''t have any swarovski crystals but has lace, sweetheart neckline, v back, and buttons in the back...

dress

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Charmy,

The nemesis seems to meet all of those requests? Too yellow? No way. It''s a rich ivory, anyone can see that! Bright white is only flattering on just a few skin tones!

Stop showing FI your gowns! It isn''t up to him to decide what you wear on your wedding day. He is going to love what you wear no matter what!

Ok, ok...

What kind of skirt are you looking for?
What''s your price point?

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I have always loved lazaro, and I think this dress is stunning.

3003_x1.jpg

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2010 5:52:23 PM
Author: slg47
this is someone on PS''s dress (forgot who...)...it doesn''t have any swarovski crystals but has lace, sweetheart neckline, v back, and buttons in the back...

dress

That is Carats'' gown.

I agree with House Cat. Stop showing your FI gowns and assure him that you''ll pick something that you feel and look great in and that you won''t be yellow.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/27/2010 4:39:11 PM
Author: allycat0303
I have always loved lazaro, and I think this dress is stunning.
Oh my!

This makes me want to get married again...

I think it is totally unfair that we only get to choose one gown!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I found some, but the price is kind of high on them.

A few things to remember.

1) It is very easy to modify a straight strapless neckline to a sweetheart neckline My MOH did this on her dress which actually has all the elements you describe (I don't know who made it).

2) You could get a lace dress and add crystals onto it.

Hope this opens things up for you.

ETA: Here is one from pronovias. Oops the link went to the wrong dress. The style I was looking at is called Flauta.

A POB dress that would be easy to add crystals to.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone for your suggestions. The Lazaro and Pronovias are beautiful!

If you have more suggestions, let me know .. I will let you know what I land on (hopefully .. not 10 wedding gowns!).

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Have you chosen yet? I just saw this dress by Rivini.

rivinidress.jpg

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I would suggest Enzoani and Blue by Enzoani, they have great lace gowns... along with all of the other designers that have been mentioned.

ETA:

"Casablanca" from Blue by Enzoani
bluebyenzoanicasablanca.jpg Looks much better in real life, I don't think it fits this model well at all.

"Brazil" from Blue by Enzoani
brazilbluebyenzoani.jpg

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I am taking it slow before jumping on yet another gown. I really do love my Pronovias Nemesis .. too bad it is sooo yellowy.

I tried on the Enzoani Brazil before and loved it .. but the Enzoani Eva really stood out. I have been so tempted to buy that dress but still waiting. Let's see what comes out in the 2011 collections!

Finding a dress is tough! Again, thanks for all the suggestions .. they are all so beautiful.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
slg47 - I didn't want to hijack the other thread. I ended up purchasing the Vera Wang Diana. The others on my list included the ML Sunday Rose, Amsale Bijou, Oscar de la Renta 12E86, Rivini Kyra and Kenneth Pool Serafina. I know they are a bit different from what I wanted but I decided I wanted a statement gown for the cermony. Yes .. blowing my budget out of the water.

I got to try on most of the gowns while I was in Manhattan a few weeks ago. They were filming Say Yes to the Dress at Kleinfelds and also Amsale Girls at Amsale. They asked me to be on .. I was like NO WAY.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
charmy I am really glad you found a gown!!! I can't believe they asked you to be on the show-crazy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results