shape
carat
color
clarity

Recommend me a Jillian Michaels DVD...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fuzzers

Shiny_Rock
Hi.
35.gif
I''m looking to start a new workout routine this summer to get myself over my weight loss plateau. I''m a big fan of Jillian Michaels (I watch TBL religiously), but I''ve never bought one of her workout tapes. I''m afraid to try the 30DS because I don''t think I''m in shape enough to survive it!! I would say I''m at an intermediate fitness level. I bike a few times a week and lift free weights, but I''m still 10-15 lbs overweight. For years I''ve been doing Denise Austen''s Get Fit Fast but it is (IMO) beginner/intermediate and is below my fitness level. Should I try the 30DS? Or does she have other DVDs that are maybe less intense? I sound like a wuss.
20.gif
Maybe "No More Trouble Zones" or "Banish Fat/Boost Metabolism"?

Also, has anyone tried The Biggest Loser workout DVDs?

Thanks
9.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I would try the 30 day shred. I normally go until I can''t take it anymore, then stop and do something else if I still want more workout time in. You will notice a difference and you''ll eventually make it through the whole thing!

I have biggest loser cardio and ADORE IT. It''s hard but I make myself push through because if all those people can do it then I can too!!!! There''s one girl in particular on there, a blonde, who I get mad if I let her out do me haha. It''s VERY VERY GOOD, builds stamina, combines in some weights and lunges to build muscle as well. I love it.

You might also try Billy Banks Cardio Tae Bo.

Margot

Rough_Rock
I have the 30 Day Shred and do love it. I mean, it is intense, (push-ups, say WHAT?!)...but it''s only 20 minutes so it''s really great to squeeze in most days. Also, I am going to try her new DVD Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism...that I believe is about the same length as Taebo. It''s a lot like Taebo from what I''ve seen and it includes plyometrics which really burns the calories! If you end up getting one of these DVDs, post again and let us know how you like them.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I would also go with the 30 day shred. I started the video when I was 50+ pounds overweight and managed. Sure, it is hard but your body adapts pretty fast even if you are carrying extra weight. I always add some yoga stretches to Jillian''s cool down because frankly I don''t think she provides enough
38.gif

I have a couple of Biggest Loser dvds and find that I enjoy working out with Bob more than I do Jillian.....

fuzzers

Shiny_Rock
Ok, y''all convinced me. I''m gonna man-up and try it.
6.gif
Wish me luck!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
GOOD LUCK!!! You''ll have fun

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Get the 30 day shred. My cable provider has it on demand, so I usually do sessions and 1 and 2 back to back but fast forward through the cool down on 1 and warm up on 2. I bought some 5 lb dumbbells to use with it, for some exercises it is challenging others I could do more weight. Maybe get a pair of 3 and 5 to start with. After a few days you will notice an improvement in your endurance. She also shows your modified and advanced moves so you can have a range that fits your activity level.

FroggyMont

Shiny_Rock
I have the 30 day shred and I love it! She will kick your butt but it does feel great after! If you aren''t lifting weights now, I would start with something smaller like 3lbs weights!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results