shape
carat
color
clarity

Reception Hall Picking Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

njseeker

Shiny_Rock
We have already found a nice reception hall that will work but I want to see more. I''m really looking for the full package... a nice drive-up entrance, nice outdoor area, and a decent sized ballroom and cocktail room for about a 130 people...

Does anyone know of any good sites that rates or lists reception halls?

We are looking for a place in north new jersey and northeast New Jersey to have our reception if you know of anywhere specific (northwest NJ doesn''t work though). Thanks!

DiamondsforDee

Shiny_Rock
I''d check out the Ramsey Country Club, the Castle at Skylands (in Ringwood), Westmount Country Club (West Paterson), the Rockleigh Country Club, and the Florentine Gardens (Rivervale).

Both theknot.com and brides.com list reception sites. My best advice would be to go to the Knot message boards and find the Northern NJ local board. All the girls there are getting married in Northern NJ and will be able to give you information on the reception sites they visited, are using, hate, etc... Good luck!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I''ve found weddingwire.com to be really helpful with finding reception sites and reading reviews. I think its easier to navigate then The Knot and I don''t believe that The Knot includes real reviews from brides who have first hand experience.

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 9:41:21 AM
Author: DiamondsforDee
I''d check out the Ramsey Country Club, the Castle at Skylands (in Ringwood), Westmount Country Club (West Paterson), the Rockleigh Country Club, and the Florentine Gardens (Rivervale).

Both theknot.com and brides.com list reception sites. My best advice would be to go to the Knot message boards and find the Northern NJ local board. All the girls there are getting married in Northern NJ and will be able to give you information on the reception sites they visited, are using, hate, etc... Good luck!
nj seeker..what is the place that you have found? Ramsey country club is close to my heart because i grew up there. it has beautiful gardens, the just re-did the ballroom, there is a patio overlooking the golfcourse for cocktails

The Brownstone (973) 595-8582
351 West Broadway, Paterson, NJ 07522

Indian Trail Club
(201) 891-4480
830 Franklin Lake Road, Franklin Lakes, NJ 07417

http://www.indiantrailclub.com/

woodcliff lake manor
25 Prospect Avenue
Woodcliff Lake, NJ - 07677
Phone: 201-391-0940
woodcliffmanor.com

Thje Castle on the Hudson
400 Benedict Avenue
Tarrytown NY 10591
http://www.castleonthehudson.com/?ref=brides.com

njseeker

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone!

DiamondsforDee - Great suggestions... I really like Castle at Skylands but it is a bit further west than we wanted to be. Rockleigh was the reception hall that we were contemplating. The interior is really beautiful and they have a great outdoor area outside of the cocktail room. The only thing that we did not like about the Rockleigh was the parking area entrance. I know we are being picky but hey we get to be picky if we are going to be spending that much cash! I will check out those other websites as well.

Clairitek - Thanks. My f will probably want to check out those sites. She already started checking out other sites but I lost track of all the sites she''s been using. Pricescope has been my thing as I started looking for rings on this site.

cbs102 - The place we found is Rockleigh. I checked out the Ramsey country club and it looks really nice but I''m leaning towards not having it at a golf club. Both our families are big in to golf... I feel like everyone would be wishing to be out there on the golf course if they actually see the course. I will check out those other places but Tarrytown is too far. I wanted to use this area as an option but our family nixed it. I know it is just a little further north but that is where the line has been drawn. I don''t want to upset the fam!

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
hmm... did you check out the womens club in ridgewood? the stony hill inn?

njseeker

Shiny_Rock
CBS102 - nope not yet... but I will now! =)

DiamondsforDee

Shiny_Rock
CBS I grew up in Ridgewood! FI and I went to a wedding at the Ramsey CC last June and it was gorgeous. I''ve got no other suggestions for you NJseeker. FI and I decided to not get married up in NJ so my knowledge of reception sites is basically limited to the ones I''ve been to. Good luck!

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 12:17:33 PM
Author: DiamondsforDee
CBS I grew up in Ridgewood! FI and I went to a wedding at the Ramsey CC last June and it was gorgeous. I''ve got no other suggestions for you NJseeker. FI and I decided to not get married up in NJ so my knowledge of reception sites is basically limited to the ones I''ve been to. Good luck!
DEE i love ridgewood. i used to take the train to ridgewood when i was younger!
what do you think of the womans club? i know that the country club in ridgewood in amazing but REALLY pricey! i am getting married in jamaica so i have no clue other than the places that i have been to.

njseeker

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for the suggestions. You guys are great, this was more information than I was hoping for. I didn''t think I would be able to get any location specific info.

I looked at all of the websites and called a bunch of the places that I thought might work. I''m probably going to try to check them out in person this week. I do really like the Rockleigh and I think I would be happy having the reception there but I want to look at as many places that I can before deciding.

p.s. I also like the Ridgewood area a lot.

DiamondsforDee

Shiny_Rock
If it is in your budget, the Ridgewood Country Club would be amazing. Although it wouldn''t stop the golf issue. I''ve never been to the Ridgewood Women''s Club, but I do love the outside and I''ve heard it is very nice on the inside. It really doesn''t hurt to check out a bunch of locations before committing to a site. I dragged FI to about 30 places in 3 different areas of the country (mostly through making him look at websites but that counts too!) and we could not be happier or more confident in our choice.

My parents still live in Ridgewood so I get back there a few times a year. I absolutely love it, but FI and I are too poor to live there.
3.gif
Maybe someday.

njseeker

Shiny_Rock
Ok cool. I will check out the Ridgewood Country Club. The golf thing is really just my preference but I wouldn''t mind it so much if the place was nice.

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Ridgewood Country club is simply A-MAZING. and from what i can remember, they have a world famous course- here is the link...www.rcc1890.com. i would not cancel out the country club idea.... there are some pretty amazing clubs in bergen county. as i mentioned, i grew up in the ramsey country club, there is ridgewood, Knickerbocker Country Club is another in Tenafly http://www.knickerbocker.cc/. i am not sure that they do weddings... worth a shot.

njseeker

Shiny_Rock
Wow, I just saw pictures and that place looks nice. I called and unfortunately I think it is a bit too pricey for us but the pictures of that venue looked really beautiful!

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
which one? ridgewood???

njseeker

Shiny_Rock
Yes, sorry... the one in Ridgewood. We could potentially fit it into our budget but it is much more than the other places we''ve looked at. I think if the other venues we saw were that expensive it wouldn''t be as much of a problem but now that we have a certain dollar figure in our head it''s hard to go up from there.

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Ridgewood is Pricey..and although beautiful- its really strict .
I have not been to Rockleigh in a long time but its beautiful.. as is Ramsey and Stony Hill Inn. what is the criteria that you have for a venue?

njseeker

Shiny_Rock
hmmm, criteria?

To put it simply we want somewhere that is beautiful. The Rockleigh comes really close to what we are looking for. They have a big cocktail room and a really nice ballroom both of which are connected to an outdoor area with a beautiful fountain and the ballroom has a good setup for the bride/groom table as well as the band. The only thing that I don''t love about it is the entrance way/parking area to the Rockleigh but once you are inside I think everything is really nice.

We prefer an afternoon wedding so I would definitely like the guests to have a pretty outdoor area to take advantage of close to the cocktail/ballroom area.

Minimum headcount is not a problem. Everywhere we have called has pretty low minimum headcount for afternoon weddings.

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
NJ-
It sounds like you really like the Rockleigh! maybe after seeing a few others you will realize that the parking issue is not all that big of a deal...or you might like another place better!!!!

i thought that the stony hill in was really nice...but they are able to have more than one wedding at a time..THAT i didn''t like.

Ramsey G&CC is my personal favorite for many reasons. originally it was an estate. there was a golf course built and houses were built around that. there are lakes, a pool, and a stone club house. its very intimate and i LOVE that. there is a beautiful patio over looking the course. it has a homey feel. i do hope that you give it a look. its also cheaper than the rockleigh.. good luck and let me know if you have any questions about anything. there are tons of places in Bergen county

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results