shape
carat
color
clarity

RECAP: My Appointments in NYC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Wow jfus only three more weeks to go! Yippee!!!

Lady, sending good vibes and hoping you don''t need any more toothums surgeries. Hang in there! I can''t picture this halo either... do you mean the table on the diamond is flush with the halo, and that the culet of the diamond is almost touching your finger? Something like the Ritani Endless Love? Or could it be something like this one? No? Too high?

jfus

Shiny_Rock
Hey Delster... actually I am almost at the 3 week deadline.. that''s when mark at Erd said the ring would be done!!!!

So what''s the story with your ring hunt? Anything?? FILL ME IN!

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Aw, jfus, there is no ring hunt on this end!!! There''s been trying on of rings, and there''s lots of saving going on, but right now, there''s no actual ''hunt''...
26.gif

But you must be AT that three week deadline now, hmmm?
2.gif

jfus

Shiny_Rock
Hey Delster.. so you are still having though trying on all those rings!!!

Yes today is 3 weeks since we went and ordered the ring.. FF has kept his mouth shut regarding the ring. All I know is that he doesn''t have it yet.. but knows when it will be arriving..

We also have plans this Saturday for our parents to meet... I dont think he would do it at dinner.. just not our style being we are both pretty private people.. but hopefully soon!

I know 4 people who have gotten engaged in the past week.. THis is insanity!!!

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2007 12:01:35 PM
Author: jfus
Hey Delster.. so you are still having though trying on all those rings!!!

Yes today is 3 weeks since we went and ordered the ring.. FF has kept his mouth shut regarding the ring. All I know is that he doesn't have it yet.. but knows when it will be arriving..

We also have plans this Saturday for our parents to meet... I dont think he would do it at dinner.. just not our style being we are both pretty private people.. but hopefully soon!

I know 4 people who have gotten engaged in the past week.. THis is insanity!!!

Ha ha I don't know about that!!! We've only been to two stores, in London. I think I've only tried on a total of three styles of ring. BF won't set foot in a jewellery store here in Ireland. Not even up in Dublin. He thinks someone he knows will see him and take the mick or something?!?
20.gif

To be honest, the refusing to enter a jeweller's is a bit frustrating. I'd LOVE to go and try on LOTS of rings and find out what suits my hand. But BF won't go, and I have never in my life heard of anyone over here going into a jeweller's and trying on rings just for fun - it's just not done!

Anyway, it must be coming real soon for you!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Have your parents met before? Are you nervous about that?

That's crazy about your four friends getting engaged in the one week. Mad! Are they giving out free rings round where you live or something?
2.gif

P.S. I love your avatar, it's so cute!

jfus

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow you are in ireland I had no clue.. so maybe make a trip to the states and just happen to walk down 47th street.. hehe..

I actually tried on some rings with my friend in the MAUL just for fun.. just to see settings... I also tried on one while with my mom but this was after FF and I had looked once in a large department store.. But honestly it''s not a big deal to try them on. I mean if you know you are going to get engaged at some point and if he wants you to make it easy on him then figure out what you want. There were things that I thought I liked and then when I saw them on my hand I hated them!!!

Not nervous at all about dinner.. I think they all are going to click.. and it just means we are that much closer to the ring :) hehe
31.gif

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/12/2007 12:10:44 PM
Author: Delster

He thinks someone he knows will see him and take the mick or something?!?
20.gif
Delster:

I swear we are dating the same man! Mine won''t talk about it or anything with other people around and I believe it is for the same exact reason!

LadyJ76

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/8/2007 2:32:31 PM
Author: Delster
Wow jfus only three more weeks to go! Yippee!!!

Lady, sending good vibes and hoping you don''t need any more toothums surgeries. Hang in there! I can''t picture this halo either... do you mean the table on the diamond is flush with the halo, and that the culet of the diamond is almost touching your finger? Something like the Ritani Endless Love? Or could it be something like this one? No? Too high?
Delster - That''s exactly what I''m trying describe as what I don''t want (and that pic is a good example of it). I want the table to stick up out of the halo just a teensy bit further. BUT.....after looking at some of the prices on the halo settings alone, I''m thinking it''s best for me to just get something simple for now and maybe upgrade the setting later. As for the teeth....still hanging. Thank you for the vibes
21.gif

jfus - Maybe a romantic stroll AFTER dinner??
2.gif
It''s YOUR turn girlie!!!

jfus

Shiny_Rock
Hmm I think that setting is almost like my modified marla.. Possibly.. I"ll have to take pictures when I get the darn thing!!!

LadyJ I seriously have no idea when it''s going to happen... now he''s telling me it won''t be this week.. HMMMPH... I really don''t know.. How could it take so long???GRRRR... I"m so impatient...

Yet I''m so excited too haha..

AT this point I tell him I don''t care if he just hands it to me and says "HERE"! haha..

3.gif

LadyJ76

Rough_Rock
jfus - I just wanted to wish you well on your dinner this weekend in case I don''t get a chance to log in tomorrow. How exciting that the parents are finally going to meet!?!?
36.gif
Let us know how it goes....

Oh! I have some good news too...my bf finally got his leave dates: Dec 5th to the 22nd! I''m going to try to set up an appointment with ERD for the 10th or 11th
30.gif

jfus

Shiny_Rock
Hey Lady! Where have you been? I hope you haven''t been getting too lost on 47th street hehe..

Thanks for the wishes.. this is really a huge thing isn''t it? haha.. I am sure it will be fine.

At any rate I''ll make sure I report back to everyone..

That''s great news about your BF... Make that appt. ASAP! I am really excited for you!

LadyJ76

Rough_Rock
Hey jfus! Yes, I''m suprised I ever make it off of 47th street...walking between those two diamond pillars is like entering another happy world
9.gif

Of course everything will be fine at dinner! Be sure to order dessert....with a side of bling
31.gif

jfus

Shiny_Rock
Hey LadyJ...

So dinner went very well.. Still no bling bling yet.. but I have been made fully aware of what is going on..FF even told me when the ring is SUPPOSE to be here.. (Tomorrow!!!!) He is hoping the check clears and stuff today so that he does get it tomorrow because he wants to me to have it for thanksgiving!!! He sent the check out last Tuesday.. So hopefully everything is said and done now... or ALMOST!!!

On another note Friday night FF took me one of our favorite seafood restaurants down in POint PLeasant NJ.. off the water etc.. anyway I was convinced as well as my parents and some of my friends it was going to happen that night! FF even said to me.. Would you finish your meal if I proposed right now?? GRRR lol... Well only a few more days..

Short week for me this week too.. I am only working today and tomorrow :)

36.gif

LadyJ76

Rough_Rock
HOLY COW!!! By Thanksgiving!!?? YAY! I''m so excited for you! Maybe it will be stuffed in the Turkey
9.gif
Just kidding! We''ll be looking for a full report next week missy!

I have good news too....I have my appointment with Mark T on 12/10! AND I asked him about on-hand mountings and he said that he would take us to a manufacturer that he works with so we could get it set that same day! It won''t be one of his custom settings but I''m fine with that. I am SO impressed with the customer service already
36.gif

If I don''t hear from you, have a VERY Happy Thanksgiving....I have a feeling you will anyway!

jfus

Shiny_Rock
12/10! That''s not that far away!!!!!! You must be really excited.. so explain this on hand mounting process. I have never heard of this... Are you looking for RB''s or cushions? I can''t remember haha with all this diamond talk!!!!

Anyway it''s been confirmed that the ring will arrive tomorrow as will I at FF apartment after work hehe.. at this point it''s no surprise but I''m still super EXCITED!!!

I spent half of Sunday at at bridal shop with my friend who is getting married in July in St John... and I spent the other part of the day designing her Save the Dates so I am just so ready to get started on my stuff!!!

LadyJ76

Rough_Rock
Haha, I guess I shouldn''t confuse the word "hand" when talking about rings! What I mean by "on-hand mountings" is "pre-made settings", ready for the diamond to be dropped in and set same day (as opposed to having it custom made...and having to wait 3 weeks).

I''m looking for THE RB...the one that just calls my name
30.gif

That''s great that you''re helping your buddy. In fact, once you do yours...you are more than welcome to do mine too! I am soooooo not into the wedding planning stuff. I wish I could just sleep through the planning process, wake up, throw on my gown, and show up at the alter
9.gif

jfus

Shiny_Rock
LAdyJ I wish my ring came in a ready made one.. don''t they have stuff on WF called "ready set go"... you are getting a ready set go ring!!!
2.gif

I don''t know if you know but I have mentioned on here that I was engaged once before.. you know the story.. "met the wrong guy, gave him the wrong finger"... anyway.. IN My PREVIOUS life.. I was soooo anti wedding planning.. nope not for me.. (not to say you have the wrong guy lol) it''s just not for some people lol..but I see myself slowly turning into a bridal design nut..... lol..I love what I do for a living but this is really starting to spill over into my personal life.. I feel like I am designing like crazy...even dabbled with a monogram for myself and ff hehe..

I''d be more then happy to try and help you out, maybe steer you in the right direction..show you some good places to find cheap things.. I''m all about design on a dime!!! There are also a bunch of places in the city to find some cheapy paper products!

I really can''t wait to see what you end up with!!!!

jfus

Shiny_Rock
UPDATE
31.gif

He has the ring!!! Yes I repeat he has the ring!!! hehe.. I know I stink I leave no element of surprise but I am so over that.. to me it''s not even about that...

At any rate.. I did see a camera phone pic of it...blurry but still got me excited...
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results