shape
carat
color
clarity

Rebecca Minkoff?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Hi ladies,

I seem to recall that some of you (neatfreak for sure and possibly others) have her bags? I''m hoping to get a job offer sometime in the next couple of weeks, and would probably buy myself one of her bags as a treat. Right now I''m loving the matinee and the nikki hobo styles, though I also saw the morning after mini in person and thought it was darling.

I''m looking into the wine and royal blue colors, both only available through special orders, so I''d need to be sure its really what I want.

Does anyone have any pics they''d like to share and/or thoughts/experiences with the styling and quality of RM bags?

Thanks!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE mine AG. I have a Nikki, which is the best hobo ever (and I have had quite a few) and a morning after bag. I love both of them. The leather is great. I have a devote tote pre-ordered for spring too. I've been bad.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
simplysplendid - I''ve definitely been lurking over there, and I really like it, but I just wanted to get some outside opinions (plus I feel like such a newbie to the world of "real" purses that I''m kind of afraid to post over there
3.gif
)

NF - I''m so glad to hear that you are still loving your RMs - they are just so beautiful
30.gif
30.gif
I''m completely in love with the wine matinee on her website - I just keep going back to look at the picture LOL
20.gif
I keep having to tell myself though - no bag until the job offer comes through...then I might just need more than one
27.gif

And I think you are totally entitled to be a little bit naughty right now - pregnant w/ twins = entitled to lots of treats, in my world
31.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2008 6:27:53 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
simplysplendid - I''ve definitely been lurking over there, and I really like it, but I just wanted to get some outside opinions (plus I feel like such a newbie to the world of ''real'' purses that I''m kind of afraid to post over there
3.gif
)

NF - I''m so glad to hear that you are still loving your RMs - they are just so beautiful
30.gif
30.gif
I''m completely in love with the wine matinee on her website - I just keep going back to look at the picture LOL
20.gif
I keep having to tell myself though - no bag until the job offer comes through...then I might just need more than one
27.gif

And I think you are totally entitled to be a little bit naughty right now - pregnant w/ twins = entitled to lots of treats, in my world
31.gif

Hehe, thanks. Not sure my hubby agrees...but really it''s totally justifiable since my clothing spending has basically been eliminated for the past 9 months!

I think you''ll love that bag, and the matinee is gone for awhile, so really you could resell on ebay if you end up not liking it or not using it after awhile.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I think your reasoning is completely sound...at least, I know if I couldn''t buy clothes my handbag and makeup budget would rise astronomically.
31.gif
9.gif
11.gif

Yeah - now I''m torn because there is supposedly going to be a sample sale in SF coming up in the not-too-distant future. I do love love love the look of the matinee, but I worry about whether it will look good on me - I usually do better with vertical bags vs. horizontal ones. And in any case I don''t think I''m allowed to pull the trigger on the order one way or another until the job offer officially comes through
7.gif
I might make up for that by ordering the mattie AND going to the sample sale once I (hopefully) get the official good news
27.gif

I just wish they would hurry up and let me know - I feel like I''ve been waiting forever
14.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2008 11:55:07 PM
I think your reasoning is completely sound...at least, I know if I couldn''t buy clothes my handbag and makeup budget would rise astronomically.
31.gif
9.gif
11.gif

Yeah - now I''m torn because there is supposedly going to be a sample sale in SF coming up in the not-too-distant future. I do love love love the look of the matinee, but I worry about whether it will look good on me - I usually do better with vertical bags vs. horizontal ones. And in any case I don''t think I''m allowed to pull the trigger on the order one way or another until the job offer officially comes through
7.gif
I might make up for that by ordering the mattie AND going to the sample sale once I (hopefully) get the official good news
27.gif

I just wish they would hurry up and let me know - I feel like I''ve been waiting forever
14.gif

I am so jealous about all the sample sales going on. I wish they''d do a midwest one...or that I could come out to SF for yours!
2.gif
Ebay and Bonanzle also have great deals on RM bags. And if you watch the RM shopping subforum there are always websites with codes for % off, but that won''t work obviously if you want a special order color only.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a matinee and love her. Mine is in glazed espresso, which is close in color (sort of) to wine, but the leather's a bit stiffer and more pebbley. The great thing about RM bags (well, one of them) is all the little pockets--I find that so useful. It's always so hard for me to go back to my bbag, which is just a black hole.

Here's a pic I posted in the bag collection thread, it's the one second to the left.
museysbags.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, and here's my favorite link I've ever gotten from tPF.

ETA: Okay, PS won't let me link it because it's to photobucket. But just google "rmcrushes" and click on the second link.

Every RM bag in every color you could possibly imagine. It's a mix of pics collected on tPF and stock pics.

I have my eye on a wine nikki and a White w/ brown basketweave MAM (morning after mini) for the future
11.gif
Sorry, I tend to get a little picture-happy!!!!
20.gif
3.gif

winenikkiandwhitebrownbasketweaveMAM.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/20/2008 6:27:53 PM
simplysplendid - I''ve definitely been lurking over there, and I really like it, but I just wanted to get some outside opinions (plus I feel like such a newbie to the world of ''real'' purses that I''m kind of afraid to post over there
3.gif
)

30.gif
30.gif
20.gif
27.gif

31.gif
Don''t be afraid to post! I am a regular poster over there (not in RM, but in others), and everyone is nice and helpful...come on over!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys - I officially got the call with a JOB OFFER today - WOOHOO
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Its not my absolute dream job, but its pretty close, and the dream job is still on the line, but now I know I have a job no matter what. SO, my mom and I happened to be at Bloomie''s today and they were having an AMAZING sale, so she got me an RM MAM in the most gorgeous, rich, navy with a purple patent bottom
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
The leather is just amazing - so soft and luscious, and it has this beautiful black and white floral lining. I''m totally in love
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
And we got it for such an awesome price - I think the discount totalled almost 60% off the original price
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

The sale was so awesome she and I both got Marc by Marc Jacobs bags - hers is this luscious dark purple and mine is a lovely neutral metallic color
30.gif
30.gif

I promise I''ll post pics tomorrow - I''m just so excited I had to tell someone tonight (all my friends who I''ve been interviewing with and I are going out for dinner and dancing tomorrow so I''m saving it as a surprise to tell them all then, and my DH is out of town so I''m sort of bursting with the news)
9.gif
9.gif

san diego searcher

Rough_Rock
What a great deal! Congrats. I''m envious. Here in San Diego the only place I''ve ever been able to see these bags is at Nordies. And that''s only when they get a stray from another store on a sale. I purchased a Matinee last year but I returned it. The leather on that particular one (elephant color, kind of taupe) was not very soft and it barely fit over my shoulder. I''d love to have an opportunity to see the morning after and morning after mini IRL. Enjoy your new bag.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats AG!!! That is awesome! (About the bags and the job!)

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
san diego - you just have to come up and visit us in SF
2.gif

Thanks NF - I''m pretty psyched about both, actually. I realized it was a little silly to only post about the job here though so I started a thread in Hangout as well. I promise I''ll try to get some pics of my new MAM to add to this thread, though of course they won''t capture how luscious the leather is - its just divinely soft, and the color is so rich
30.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooooh! I can''t wait to see pictures, AG! And congrats on the new job! I was about to post over there when I read something about handbags so I had to pop over here ASAP!

There are so many good bag sales going on right now it''s blowing my mind! I wish I had a Bloomie''s around me!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your new job and bag!!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
that sounds STUNNING! Congrats on the job and I can''t wait to see pics!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Dana and Miscka - I know I''ve been delinquent with the pictures, just trying to get some stuff done in lab before the holiday, but hopefully I''ll have some time to take some and post over the holiday.

If nothing else, we''re going out of town for the weekend, so I should get some cute pictures of my new RM "in action"
9.gif
9.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OK, so i managed to get some pics. They don''t really capture the color very well since I didn''t have great lighting, but I am so in love with this bag
30.gif

RMconcordbag1.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love it!!!! I have a similar bag and I just adore it. Is that the concord color?

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Here''s another one.

RMconcordbag22.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Yup, concord, with this scrumptious purple patent bottom - its amazing
30.gif
30.gif

RMconcordbagbottom3.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
And one more for now - I''ll have to get some good pics in natural light to try to capture the lovely color better:

(thanks NF - I''m completely in love with this bag. I''m really hoping to pick up at least one more of her bags at the SS in SF on December 12th)

RMconcordbag4.jpg

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous!! What a beautiful colour!! Congrats on your purchases!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Thank bee* - I am very happy with her
9.gif
Looking forward to an upcoming sample sale where I can hopefully snag one (or two?
27.gif
31.gif
) more of these gorgeous bags
36.gif
36.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh dear lord it''s GORGEOUS! I love it! Wow! The color(s) are amazing!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2008 8:00:39 PM
Thank bee* - I am very happy with her
9.gif
Looking forward to an upcoming sample sale where I can hopefully snag one (or two?
27.gif
31.gif
) more of these gorgeous bags
36.gif
36.gif

Are you still living in NY? I''m so envious of the sample sales that you guys get over there. I''m thinking of doing some of my vet experience in NY so that I can combine that with shopping
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results