shape
carat
color
clarity

Rebecca Minkoff on Gilt Groupe

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
i tried to get the large plan B hobo in grey but they were all sold out.

seems like that''s standard lately at gilt. i''m just not feeling the love anymore...

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been refraining from even opening the emails. And when I did, the good stuff was gone.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
bebe - that''s probably just as well, I didn''t love much of the stuff they had, and the prices were better at the Sample Sale in December.

I honestly think its better to follow the deals/steals thread over on tPf and keep an eye out there for what you want - you can get some amazing prices with sales right now, and also on eBay/eCrater/Bonanzle etc...

Her bags are amazing though - my Eggplant Matinee is my all-time favorite bag, every time I carry it it makes me smile and feel like $1million bucks
10.gif
9.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
AG...I totally thought of you when I saw the post this morning. Usually I get what I want if I''m around when I first get the email from gilt but that doesn''t happen very often.

Oh yeah and sample sale prices are always the best. I almost died when I saw how much they were charging for two year old louboutins wednesday. They were at the barneys warehouse sales for sooo much cheaper.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was disappointed too. I have been loving some of her new(er) colors like Cranberry and the Iris/Purple Lizard from Winter-and there were hardly any normal (non-patent) colors like those. I keep checking ecrater and bonanzle...I have my eye on a few lovelies there...I am so so tempted!

But I did get a fawn devote tote a few weeks ago- I LOVE it. Best shape ever. I am really trying to resist getting one in Cranberry too! So I need to be good for awhile!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 8:48:19 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
AG...I totally thought of you when I saw the post this morning. Usually I get what I want if I''m around when I first get the email from gilt but that doesn''t happen very often.

Oh yeah and sample sale prices are always the best. I almost died when I saw how much they were charging for two year old louboutins wednesday. They were at the barneys warehouse sales for sooo much cheaper.

I know what you mean about the sample sales!! I was so THRILLED when she had one in SF this year. It totally makes me wish I lived in NYC when my good friend there tells me about her amazing finds at sample sales. Of course, if I had access to all those SS''s, I''d probably be broke
20.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 9:52:46 PM
Author: neatfreak
I was disappointed too. I have been loving some of her new(er) colors like Cranberry and the Iris/Purple Lizard from Winter-and there were hardly any normal (non-patent) colors like those. I keep checking ecrater and bonanzle...I have my eye on a few lovelies there...I am so so tempted!

But I did get a fawn devote tote a few weeks ago- I LOVE it. Best shape ever. I am really trying to resist getting one in Cranberry too! So I need to be good for awhile!

OMG I''m so in love with the Cranberry color. If there had been a Matinee in that color I would have been in SERIOUS trouble. As it is, I think I''m on a ban from new bags until I start working this summer - I got a whole bunch all at once.

I''m excited to hear you like the Devote. I saw one in person briefly a couple of weeks ago but didn''t really get a chance to try it on. But I remember you and I were a similar size/shape, so if you love it there''s a good chance I would too. I heard the Fawn leather is divine too - if you get a chance, you should post pics of that beauty
1.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 3:26:07 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
Date: 4/10/2009 9:52:46 PM

OMG I''m so in love with the Cranberry color. If there had been a Matinee in that color I would have been in SERIOUS trouble. As it is, I think I''m on a ban from new bags until I start working this summer - I got a whole bunch all at once.

I''m excited to hear you like the Devote. I saw one in person briefly a couple of weeks ago but didn''t really get a chance to try it on. But I remember you and I were a similar size/shape, so if you love it there''s a good chance I would too. I heard the Fawn leather is divine too - if you get a chance, you should post pics of that beauty
1.gif

Me too! Cranberry + Devote=total perfection IMO. That cranberry leather is just TDF-it is lambskin so it is just the most buttery soft leather ever.

And I do love my devote. I want like 5 more. I haven''t touched my other bags since I got this one! It holds a ton of stuff but still looks great IMO. And yes I think we are almost the exact same size and shape IIRC (or at least we were before I had twins and have all this baby weight to lose!)

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 5:04:06 PM
Author: ChargerGrrl
i tried to get the large plan B hobo in grey but they were all sold out.

seems like that''s standard lately at gilt. i''m just not feeling the love anymore...
Charger girl

I just bought a Black Plan B hobo from FunkyLala.com (free shipping) and i love it!! It was half off, and the last time I checked they had your color!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 10:10:31 PM

Me too! Cranberry + Devote=total perfection IMO. That cranberry leather is just TDF-it is lambskin so it is just the most buttery soft leather ever.

And I do love my devote. I want like 5 more. I haven''t touched my other bags since I got this one! It holds a ton of stuff but still looks great IMO. And yes I think we are almost the exact same size and shape IIRC (or at least we were before I had twins and have all this baby weight to lose!)

OMG you are making me want something in Cranberry SO BADLY!! I''m sure the baby weight will come off - twins are a lot to carry around, I''m so impressed! Maybe you can make a deal with DH to get you a Cranberry devote when you''re done losing the baby weight...after all, everyone needs some extra motivation
31.gif
2.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Temple St. Clair is on Gilt today. Gorgeous pieces, but still kinda expensive.
Not exactly something I''d buy on a whim.
DiamondFan has some of the pieces, so pretty.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love all of her classics (MAB/MAM/Matinee (my fave)/Nikki) but am not loving the new stuff as well. I miss wine. I still want a MAB in wine, and a MAM in cream/brown.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 3:17:12 PM
Author: musey
I love all of her classics (MAB/MAM/Matinee (my fave)/Nikki) but am not loving the new stuff as well. I miss wine. I still want a MAB in wine, and a MAM in cream/brown.

I''m a huge fan of the classics too, Musey, and I tend to prefer the older hardware, although I''m excited that they are starting to go back to hardware that at least looks similar to the old stuff, rather than the chunkier stuff that was out for a while. It looked OK on some bags, but I prefer the old stuff.

I love the Matinee, MAM, and Nikki - hands-down my three favorite shapes, and I''m with you on the Wine, I''d LOVE to have something in that color. My current fave is my Eggplant Matinee - its got the old hardware and tassels, and I adore it
30.gif
30.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock

There is a new smooshier wine coming out this spring...

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 10:39:18 PM

There is a new smooshier wine coming out this spring...

Ooh - I heard about this, I am SO EXCITED
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Enablers!!! I bought the Nikki in light grey yesterday from Bluefly. ...They were having a huge sale, 44% off...Im sorry, I would have posted it on here, but I found out about the sale last minute and was actually late to work yesterday morning because of it!!!! This will be my first RM bag, so we'll see. The Nikki just has such a great shape and I love how big it is. The color is yummy too!
1.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2009 5:27:00 AM
Author: Dani
Enablers!!! I bought the Nikki in light grey yesterday from Bluefly. ...They were having a huge sale, 44% off...Im sorry, I would have posted it on here, but I found out about the sale last minute and was actually late to work yesterday morning because of it!!!! This will be my first RM bag, so we''ll see. The Nikki just has such a great shape and I love how big it is. The color is yummy too!
1.gif

Ooh Dani that sounds gorgeous. I can''t wait to hear how you like it - I''ve heard the light grey leather is luscious
18.gif
You must take pictures when it arrives
1.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 9:26:47 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
Date: 4/19/2009 5:27:00 AM

Author: Dani

Enablers!!! I bought the Nikki in light grey yesterday from Bluefly. ...They were having a huge sale, 44% off...Im sorry, I would have posted it on here, but I found out about the sale last minute and was actually late to work yesterday morning because of it!!!! This will be my first RM bag, so we''ll see. The Nikki just has such a great shape and I love how big it is. The color is yummy too!
1.gif

Ooh Dani that sounds gorgeous. I can''t wait to hear how you like it - I''ve heard the light grey leather is luscious
18.gif
You must take pictures when it arrives
1.gif

I hope I like it, AG!!!! I was toying between the grey and the navy leather, but I figured in the end the gray is just a more versatile color, at least for me....

I will post pics when I get it!!!!
36.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Can''t wait to see your gray Nikki Dani!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results