shape
carat
color
clarity

Really cool wedding

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I just had to share this bit of news. My little sis''s friend (who I used to babysit...) is getting married this summer. She''s into the punk stuff and specifically told the hall what she wanted in her wedding. (think elegant punk) They were fine with the idea. BUT, recently the hall told her that they could no longer accommodate her! She was obviously upset and mentioned it to a person at the "W" hotel in Minneapolis (which is where they got engaged). That person went to another person, and those people went to other people, and NOW, they are getting their wedding at an amazing hotel for 150 people for their original budget of 5000 dollars!! The hotel is even trying to give rooms for guests at an astonishing discount! I am so happy for her! This is one of those cases that the people REALLY deserve a beautiful wedding.

The entire wedding has been planned with homemade and Made in US stuff. (she actually has a line called Rocker Bye Baby on etsy.) I think she''s getting quite a bit of her stuff there. I think the eco-friendliness is one of the reasons the "w" decided to help them.

Well, that''s all. I was just so excited I had to share.
1.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
How cool of the W to step up and do that. What was the issue the first place had? Did it have something to do with the "punk"?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s really cool of the W hotel!!!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 12:26:53 PM
Author: FrekeChild
That''s really cool of the W hotel!!!
DITTO!
36.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is wonderful! Bet she''s going to have a fabulous celebration.

Be sure to post some photos for us!
1.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Awesome! I love hearing stories like that
36.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
How cool is that. It''s also pretty savvy of the W- that kind of positive PR will continue to build their reputation.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
The issue at the first place was something along the lines of "we don''t do punk". I believe they thought their reputation would slide or something.
20.gif

The W could really get some good publicity, too. It sounds like something that should be on WE doesn''t it??

MC~ I''d love to post photos, but I''m not going. Maybe sis will get some for me. (although BMs never seem to take photos, like they''ve got better things to do or something!?!)

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
What a cool hotel! So nice that they''re getting such a great deal on a dream wedding!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
This sounds so cool! I hope it does get real publicity so WEtv does some type of tv-story!

I''m really punk at heart too!
36.gif
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results