carat
color
clarity

Real sugar replacing HFCS ... Pepsi's big announcement

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... not in all sodas ... not yet.

This will be an interesting trend to watch.
Here in So. California we've been able to buy Coke imported from Mexico, even at Costco, because it is made with real sugar instead of what's used in America, High Fructose Corn Syrup.
Real sugar costs more than HFCS but I suspect the upcharge we must pay today for sugar is way way out of proportion to Coke's cost.
I also suspect lobbyists for corn-growing industries and states were involved in the change from sugar to HFCS back in the 70s.

Funny, sugar is now being touted as healthy! :lol: :roll:

5-minute video from Wall Street Journal:

http://www.wsj.com/video/why-real-sugar-is-returning-to-soda/FAC807B6-C465-4B30-95D7-C38C5F947602.html

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is sad.

Real sugar is still a culprit in many of our country's health issues. "Real sugar" is still refined white sugar.

I am so sick of the marketing that big food uses to brainwash our people into total disease.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll take sugar any day over HFCS.

I love hearing Bill Maher go nutz over HFCS and the Corn Lobby in the US, snork, but until I heard him go for it, I had no idea how ubiquitous that krap is.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1459362698|4013224 said:
I am so sick of the marketing that big food uses to brainwash our people into total disease.

But then the medical/pharmaceutical industries can make a buck too.

It's a win win! :lol:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1459365907|4013274 said:
House Cat|1459362698|4013224 said:

But then the medical/pharmaceutical industries can make a buck too.

It's a win win! :lol:
You said it!! Gotta keep that big money making machine running!!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1459365462|4013267 said:
I'll take sugar any day over HFCS.

I love hearing Bill Maher go nutz over HFCS and the Corn Lobby in the US, snork, but until I heard him go for it, I had no idea how ubiquitous that krap is.
Azy,

Sugar is just as bad. They just vilify one to sell the other. It's like this, they have a big steaming pile of shit in one hand or a big steaming pile of shit decorated with flowers and they are asking you which one you want. They're both shit. They're just fooling you into thinking that the flowers somehow make the shit better.

<3

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Word, Housie!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know they had made Pepsi Throwback that had sugar instead of HFCS, maybe it did well enough that is is profitable for them to make the switch.

We had soda in the house all the time growing up. My father's nickname was Pepsi, that's saying something right there. Thankfully I gave it up in October, my kids don't drink it either.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results