shape
carat
color
clarity

reading too much into bridesmaid behavior?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
So my bridesmaid was looking at our registry and she''s like wow you have a lot of stuff on there and I told her how they told us to register for twice the guests we had. Anyways she''s asking all these questions because she was just curious (I''m the first in our group getting married) and she said something like well nobody will probably buy anything til about august then huh? And I said well maybe, we''re having the shower in July most likely which she followed up with "what when" and I was like well fi''s aunts are throwing it and she''s like we have to buy you presents for that? And I said no you don''t have to, and the people who do bring something will bring something 10 dollars or under because that''s how they''ve done it in the past...and she basically was like ok whatever. her birthday is 2 days before the shower, do you think she is mad that it is so close to her birthday? She doesn''t have to travel, it''s where she lives now. her dog did just die a couple days ago so that is why i''m not reading much into it but it seems like she is almost mad about it? and she''s the one who called me to talk about it...i guess i''m just a little confused right now...

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
She sounds more curious than judgemental...I''d cut her some slack.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
alright, i was little confused o_O

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, she just sounds curious to me. Is this her first time as a bridesmaid?

I''ve been a bridesmaid several times and I''m still a bit confused about how wedding events are "typically" planned, what "most" people do, or what is "expected" of bridesmaids. Her curiosity/confusion sounds very natural to me... she''s just trying to figure it all out. I will admit I''ve never been a bridesmaid without feeling at least some frustration - whether its the amount of money that I felt I needed to put forth, or the sometimes seemingly endless number of events. Nevertheless, I''ve gotten a HUGE amount of lasting pleasure from being a part of my friends weddings (no regrets whatsoever) and in the end, any amount of frustration I *momentarily* felt really doesn''t matter at all to me today.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
It sounds like you might be digging for some drama, here. I''d give her the benefit of the doubt, she just sounds curious.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 11:59:41 PM
Author: Haven
It sounds like you might be digging for some drama, here. I''d give her the benefit of the doubt, she just sounds curious.
I''m with Haven on this one. I totally think its purely innocent.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 12:14:54 AM
Author: Clairitek

I''m with Haven on this one. I totally think its purely innocent.
+1

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 10:23:20 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
She sounds more curious than judgemental...I''d cut her some slack.
Ditto, sounds like she is just curious about how things work.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
thanks for all the input guys, i really appreciate it :)
sometimes you need things pointed out to ya even though theyre standing right in front of your face lol

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Like you said, you''re the first in the group to get married. She doesn''t have any idea how the whole wedding planning thing works
2.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with the others-I''d say that shes just curious.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
That was my first thought, as well
2.gif
be happy with the non-drama in your life... you don''t want any (more), I promise!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I would definitely not read too much into it. If my dog (or any pet, for that matter) had just died, I would not be excited or happy about much of ANYTHING.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
smurfy, is this the same bridesmaid that wanted to have a birthday party- and you had to schedule the shower around HER????? She could just have issues.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
yeah its the same one lol

teapot

Shiny_Rock
Your friend probably doesn''t know what her role is and what she is supposed to do. Unless she has been around the wedding planning process, she probably doesn''t understand all of the expectation.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results