shape
carat
color
clarity

Reactions from others upon getting engaged?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
If you are like me, getting engaged was not much of a surprise to you, your intended, or your families and close friends.

However, I''d love to hear your stories about what reactions you have been getting since the ring was placed on your (or your fiancee''s) finger. For me, the best, most loving reactions have been from men! It has brought out such a sweet side my male family and friends that I''ve encounterd since Saturday (proposal day!). There have been the unexpected phone calls from cousins and my soon to be brother in law, boyfriends, husbands, and fiance''s who have interruped phone conversations with my girlfriends to offer their congratuations, not to mention the support that my fiance has gotten from his almost completely male colleagues at work!

Anyone else have a special story about the reactions of others?

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Oh! What a fun question!!!

Most of the men are really sweet -- and I've been embraced by the married crowd since I'll be one of them soon.
appl.gif

The women are even sweeter, but let's be honest... All they want to see is the ring and hear how my man proposed!

It's been SO much fun. I'm not one to crave attention, but I have to say the geniune happiness I've received from everyone has put an extra skip in my day & added an extra centimeter to my grin.
rodent.gif

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Hi,

I never expected to get so much attention from men about my engagement or my ring! Almost all the men in my life such as, relatives, friends,and co-workers have asked me to tell them everything about the wedding to be and the rings. They want to know what size and even the specs. I expected this to come from females but not from men. I think it's a good thing and I have found that many people want you talk about your wedding plans.
appl.gif

KSparkles

Rough_Rock
I love getting reactions for my ering! I am still fairly newly engaged (July 2004) so it's very exciting. Lots of times people will hold my hand up and say "Wow! Somebody must LOVE you!!" or they'll comment on how they should really clean their ring after seeing my sparkles (needless to say, I'm still obsessive about cleaning it once/day!). It's very endearing and fun to be the one who gets to show off the ring, as opposed to my fiance who just gets to hear the comments second-hand (he's always very proud and excited). My mom's first reaction was "Wow! I REALLY need to upgrade my ring now!". It's always exciting to hear reactions...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results