shape
carat
color
clarity

Re-mount of E-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PearNut

Rough_Rock
Hello - 1st time posting to this sight.....

I have been shopping for a few months and can''t find exactly what I want. Maybe some of you have some suggestions.

My setting is 18 years old, wear and tear have forced me to reset
emsmile.gif
I have a 1ct pear and can''t part with it (and can''t afford to replace it). This is what I am looking for:

- 14KT or 18KT, white head, yellow shank
- side stones - round (prong set-probably around .25 ) and 2 tapered baguettes
- would like the head with some detailing - possibly a trellis mount
- matching band possibility or with a 5 stone band
- a semi-mount is fine but I am having a hard time finding one with an interchangeable head because I need the extra prong.

I have visited several local (Hartford CT area) jewelers and the prices are all over the place. Any recommendations in my area? Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
(how do I attach pictures?)

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
To attach prices, make sure the size is under 100000 bytes and name it something silly like xkcyiygdkgjd3948
1.gif

As for settings, Whiteflash does fantastic custom rings, so maybe talk to them to get a quick price quote.

Jean

Shiny_Rock
Hi there.. I am in Massachusetts, about 20 minutes to Hartford and I know there is an excellent jeweler in Westfield Mass called Richard''s Jewelers. Although I get my settings on line if you rather try that. They are much more affordable and you will have more options going with an online vendor.
I just had my stone reset from Adiamor.com and was very, very pleased.
There is also Whiteflash.com which everyone on here seems to love, Bluenile.com, and many more. Good luck!!! :)

PearNut

Rough_Rock
You said you had your diamond reset from an online dealer? Did you send out your original set? I really don''t feel comfortable FedExing my ring out.

Jean

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I did send it out. I sent it USPS, insured mail, overnight. I sent my GIA cert with it and got everything back about 2 weeks later and I am very pleased. If you are not comfortable sending your ring out, which I understand. You should consider buying a setting online and having it set for you if you can find a jeweler who will set it for you. Good luck in your search!!!

Stellablue687

Rough_Rock
Hi PearNut -

I am in the Hartford area and my reccomendation is Glastonbury Jewelers on Main St in G-bury. And no, I don''t have an affiliation with them. I and my parents have used them and they have excellent service and wonderful quality. Despite being in Glastonbury, they have pretty competetive pricing. You also might try Anderson Jewelers in East Hartford (no affiliation here either) - they are probably less expensive than GJ and their quality is good as well. I have also gotten several items from them.

I have also bought online from Whiteflash and they too have excellent quality, service and pricing.

Have fun!

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 7:44:03 AM
Author: PearNut
You said you had your diamond reset from an online dealer? Did you send out your original set? I really don''t feel comfortable FedExing my ring out.
The Hope diamond was sent USPS registered - it is actually pretty safe. You can insure up to 25K. (for the Hope diamond its insurance policy covered the rest)

PearNut

Rough_Rock

Well - I guess my statement seemed foolish to some but I have had this on my finger for 18 years and feel a bit possesive I guess! Not like a B&M wouldn''t switch it either. I''ve heard some horror stories.

I will try to attach a few photos of what I am thinking of - I would love to take bits and pieces of all of them.

PearNut

Rough_Rock
My first choice for a semi-mount - would like detailing from the side though.

adiamor10807.jpg

PearNut

Rough_Rock
matching band

matching band at WF10807.jpg

PearNut

Rough_Rock
I like the trellis on this one.

trellis set10807.jpg

PearNut

Rough_Rock
another option, would love your suggestions.

If I want to NOT overpower my center stone - how big can I go with the round side stones?

princess & pave10807.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results