shape
carat
color
clarity

Re:election. Saw this on FB. Sums it up well.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Re:election. Saw this on FB. Sums it up well.

(off topic for a second) JoCoJenn...I forgot to tell you the other day when you mentioned you are a former inhabitant of the State of Jefferson that that is where I currently live. I'm sure it's no surprise that the entire west coast has petitioned to secede.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata|1478890878|4097092 said:
(off topic for a second) JoCoJenn...I forgot to tell you the other day when you mentioned you are a former inhabitant of the State of Jefferson that that is where I currently live. I'm sure it's no surprise that the entire west coast has petitioned to secede.

I've never lived along the west coast; Arizona is as far west as I've called 'home'. Perhaps you're confusing me with someone else? :confused:

But yes, I have heard (albeit minimally) about the petition (entire west coast as well as northern cali). And in all honesty, my inner b!tch sometimes gets so frustrated and feels like the divide in the country is insurmountable, and we should just cut it down the middle, and "ya'll go that way, and we'll go this way, and best of luck to all". But my rational side acknowledges that we'd all just be running away from problems we all created vs. working together to solve them, and that one "United" states is better an two "Divided" states. :wavey:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm sorry. Maybe it was Redwood.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

JoCoJenn|1478891858|4097102 said:
...And in all honesty, my inner b!tch sometimes gets so frustrated and feels like the divide in the country is insurmountable, and we should just cut it down the middle, and "ya'll go that way, and we'll go this way, and best of luck to all". But my rational side acknowledges that we'd all just be running away from problems we all created vs. working together to solve them, and that one "United" states is better an two "Divided" states. :wavey:

I feel the same and agree 100%.

Strawberry129

Rough_Rock

purplesparklies|1478831695|4096708 said:
By Colin Moriarty.

So, stop and think for a second, and ask yourself this: What the hell does that say about Hillary Clinton?

But she DID lose, and the question is why. And this is when things are going to get hard to swallow for some. The reason she lost, my friends, is arrogance and elitism, a distrust of the power structure and a weariness of the status quo, and, above all else, I’d say, absolute economic desperation. It’s that simple. And it doesn’t start and stop with her. The arrogance of coastal, big city elites thumbing their noses at people in “fly-over country,” calling the hicks and rednecks, telling them they’re racists, bigots, sexists, homophobes, xenophobes, telling them they didn’t know what was best for them, their families, their communities. If you don’t understand how that grates on people, on families, on friends, well, start understanding, because that’s why Hillary Clinton lost and Donald Trump won. Period.

I mean, let’s be truly honest with each other for a minute. You -- and you know who I’m talking about -- you think you’re better than these people. You think you’re superior to them. That you’re smarter than them. That you understand their reality better than they understand it. You look down on them and think they’re inferior. You think that because they come from a rural place, or work a blue collar job, or believe in God, or in the sanctity of life, that you’re simply better than them. You know better, you think better, you live better.

Well, they sure told you to go [censored] yourself, didn’t they?

“No!” you exclaim. “They’re all terrible people, and I’m unfriending them from Facebook!”

THIS. Tolerance for all is what we need in America. Nobody deserves to be beaten or demeaned for who they are voting for. That is very unconstitutional and so very wrong. It makes me upset to see an elderly man being beaten by thugs just because he voted for Trump and they thought that they were "right." I'm tired of people telling others who to vote for...many people voted for Trump just out of spite because the media, twitter, friends and colleagues took the high horse and told the "deplorables" who they should vote for as if their opinions didn't matter. "You're voting for Trump because you don't know better...because you're uneducated." This is why he won because Hillary's supporters can't possibly comprehend that the silent majority has been ignored....and they're fighting back big time.

I have to come to my senses that it was just the PERFECT storm that made Trump our president...I hope we learn from this all. Vote for who you want to be president because your vote matters and should be respected. Don't just think "you got it." Think outside of your little bubble of facebook/twitter, and social media....there's a world outside of your world and don't trust the media. It ain't true just because facebook and your favorite celebs says it's true that everyone hates Trump. Don't think that you can let your guard down or misjudge others because people will push back if they are disgruntled enough. This has been happening for decades that rural America has been largely ignored and boy was everyone surprised...you mean to tell me "they exist?" They proved to us that we were wrong to think that only the big cities exist. You would think that people would do some self-reflection and think of how they shouldn't have been so damn snobby and judgmental...instead we're stuck judging and demeaning one another with name calling. People who judge others for voting for Trump or Hillary are no better than Trump.

Both side of the supporters were so wrong...so very wrong. I didn't vote for either, I couldn't live with myself if I did. They were both unfit for presidency. No regrets with "wasting" my vote. This is who I choose and I have every right to do so.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata|1478892096|4097104 said:
I'm sorry. Maybe it was Redwood.

Yep it was me. Northern Cali folks have wanted the state of Jefferson for decades. Love those people!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock

redwood66|1478882100|4097020 said:
distracts|1478881763|4097015 said:
It's simple. If you vote for a racist and xenophobe, you also are a racist and xenophobe. If you weren't, you wouldn't have voted for one. Racism isn't about how you feel inside but about your actions, and by doing racist things - yes, like voting for Trump! - that makes you racist. It's not that hard to figure out.

By that thinking you are a corrupt congenital liar who has a public and private position.

:appl:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Strawberry129|1478896827|4097146 said:
By Colin Moriarty.

So, stop and think for a second, and ask yourself this: What the hell does that say about Hillary Clinton?

But she DID lose, and the question is why. And this is when things are going to get hard to swallow for some. The reason she lost, my friends, is arrogance and elitism, a distrust of the power structure and a weariness of the status quo, and, above all else, I’d say, absolute economic desperation. It’s that simple. And it doesn’t start and stop with her. The arrogance of coastal, big city elites thumbing their noses at people in “fly-over country,” calling the hicks and rednecks, telling them they’re racists, bigots, sexists, homophobes, xenophobes, telling them they didn’t know what was best for them, their families, their communities. If you don’t understand how that grates on people, on families, on friends, well, start understanding, because that’s why Hillary Clinton lost and Donald Trump won. Period.

I mean, let’s be truly honest with each other for a minute. You -- and you know who I’m talking about -- you think you’re better than these people. You think you’re superior to them. That you’re smarter than them. That you understand their reality better than they understand it. You look down on them and think they’re inferior. You think that because they come from a rural place, or work a blue collar job, or believe in God, or in the sanctity of life, that you’re simply better than them. You know better, you think better, you live better.

“No!” you exclaim. “They’re all terrible people, and I’m unfriending them from Facebook!”

THIS. Tolerance for all is what we need in America. Nobody deserves to be beaten or demeaned for who they are voting for. That is very unconstitutional and so very wrong. It makes me upset to see an elderly man being beaten by thugs just because he voted for Trump and they thought that they were "right." I'm tired of people telling others who to vote for...many people voted for Trump just out of spite because the media, twitter, friends and colleagues took the high horse and told the "deplorables" who they should vote for as if their opinions didn't matter. "You're voting for Trump because you don't know better...because you're uneducated." This is why he won because Hillary's supporters can't possibly comprehend that the silent majority has been ignored....and they're fighting back big time.

I have to come to my senses that it was just the PERFECT storm that made Trump our president...I hope we learn from this all. Vote for who you want to be president because your vote matters and should be respected. Don't just think "you got it." Think outside of your little bubble of facebook/twitter, and social media....there's a world outside of your world and don't trust the media. It ain't true just because facebook and your favorite celebs says it's true that everyone hates Trump. Don't think that you can let your guard down or misjudge others because people will push back if they are disgruntled enough. This has been happening for decades that rural America has been largely ignored and boy was everyone surprised...you mean to tell me "they exist?" They proved to us that we were wrong to think that only the big cities exist. You would think that people would do some self-reflection and think of how they shouldn't have been so damn snobby and judgmental...instead we're stuck judging and demeaning one another with name calling. People who judge others for voting for Trump or Hillary are no better than Trump.

Both side of the supporters were so wrong...so very wrong. I didn't vote for either, I couldn't live with myself if I did. They were both unfit for presidency. No regrets with "wasting" my vote. This is who I choose and I have every right to do so.

Good post Strawberry. Looking at the map this election compared to the last is very interesting. The number of blue states that went red this election cycle. These aren't all rural areas either. I'm really tired of the labeling on this forum that if you live in a red state you are an ignorant hillbilly. I live in a blue state however, I didn't vote for Hillary. I didn't vote for Trump either, but I shouldn't have to defend my position or endure nasty and rude accusations. I'm so tired of hate filled rhetoric that is coming from both sides. And we need to be tolerant and kinder to eachother on these threads.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock

JoCoJenn|1478886824|4097064 said:
distracts|1478880708|4097000 said:
Laughing. Laughing so hard. You just doomed America to "Russian-style democracy" and you think you saved us from it. What a joke.

distracts|1478880829|4097003 said:
Nah. It's about racism, sexism, xenophobia. Not about policy. Because if it WAS about policy - they wouldn't have voted Republican. A world of hurt is coming for everyone, but it's going to hit the rural areas that voted for Trump a hell of a lot harder than it's going to hit the cities.

Paul Ryan has already announced that as part of repealing Obamacare they are going to move Medicare to private insurance for seniors. Trump's appointees want to privatize Social Security as well. You voted change? You're going to get it.

Distracts - you (and others here) just do not get it, and that's evidenced by the continued judgmental assumptions, use of labels, and accusations instead of respectfully reading, asking questions and trying to understand the other side. For me and a lot of people on the right, it WAS about policies that I did not agree with. And Democrats themselves have said HRC was a poor candidate who should have been able to beat Trump on her worst day, if not for her self-made sh!tstorm. So quit blaming everyone & everything BUT those who propped her up when they should have locked her up and given Bernie the nom.

My vote (and a lot of others who voted Republican) - despite your insistence - was NOT about racism, sexism, and whatever label your party wants to admonish me & everyone else with out of ignorance; you make it about those things because you refuse to consider people just *might* not agree with liberal policies for reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with the color of your skin, the religion you practice, your choice in life partner, or your gender. You rush to judge, you rush to label, you rush to demonstrate the very hypocrisy that ultimately landed Democrats the loser in this election. So you got what you asked for by being the intolerant, disrespectful, judgmental bunch that label others; Congrats on meeting Karma! :clap:

Instead of reading the perspectives shared in the articles posted and giving people the benefit, you & others just keep driving that wedge a little deeper and the divide a little wider; it proved sooo successful leading up to this election.

:appl: Thank you JoCoJenn! Awesome post!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lil Misfit|1478909548|4097261 said:
JoCoJenn|1478886824|4097064 said:
distracts|1478880708|4097000 said:
Laughing. Laughing so hard. You just doomed America to "Russian-style democracy" and you think you saved us from it. What a joke.

distracts|1478880829|4097003 said:
Nah. It's about racism, sexism, xenophobia. Not about policy. Because if it WAS about policy - they wouldn't have voted Republican. A world of hurt is coming for everyone, but it's going to hit the rural areas that voted for Trump a hell of a lot harder than it's going to hit the cities.

Paul Ryan has already announced that as part of repealing Obamacare they are going to move Medicare to private insurance for seniors. Trump's appointees want to privatize Social Security as well. You voted change? You're going to get it.

Distracts - you (and others here) just do not get it, and that's evidenced by the continued judgmental assumptions, use of labels, and accusations instead of respectfully reading, asking questions and trying to understand the other side. For me and a lot of people on the right, it WAS about policies that I did not agree with. And Democrats themselves have said HRC was a poor candidate who should have been able to beat Trump on her worst day, if not for her self-made sh!tstorm. So quit blaming everyone & everything BUT those who propped her up when they should have locked her up and given Bernie the nom.

My vote (and a lot of others who voted Republican) - despite your insistence - was NOT about racism, sexism, and whatever label your party wants to admonish me & everyone else with out of ignorance; you make it about those things because you refuse to consider people just *might* not agree with liberal policies for reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with the color of your skin, the religion you practice, your choice in life partner, or your gender. You rush to judge, you rush to label, you rush to demonstrate the very hypocrisy that ultimately landed Democrats the loser in this election. So you got what you asked for by being the intolerant, disrespectful, judgmental bunch that label others; Congrats on meeting Karma! :clap:

Instead of reading the perspectives shared in the articles posted and giving people the benefit, you & others just keep driving that wedge a little deeper and the divide a little wider; it proved sooo successful leading up to this election.

:appl: Thank you JoCoJenn! Awesome post!

So very eloquently stated JoCoJenn! :clap: :clap:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock

Bonfire|1478909366|4097260 said:
Strawberry129|1478896827|4097146 said:
By Colin Moriarty.

Good post Strawberry. Looking at the map this election compared to the last is very interesting. The number of blue states that went red this election cycle. These aren't all rural areas either. I'm really tired of the labeling on this forum that if you live in a red state you are an ignorant hillbilly. I live in a blue state however, I didn't vote for Hillary. I didn't vote for Trump either, but I shouldn't have to defend my position or endure nasty and rude accusations. I'm so tired of hate filled rhetoric that is coming from both sides. And we need to be tolerant and kinder to eachother on these threads.

Thank you for this post. I totally agree with you, especially the bolded part. I didn't post much during the campaign, except to say that I wish there were less political threads, which I got chastised for, and hence caused me to keep quiet (to answer Kenny's question in the other thread) for fear of the hateful rhetoric I was sure to endure. I am a highly educated woman. I am not a racist, a sexist, a xenophobe or any other negative term that some folks here were so quick to apply to people who supported Trump. But, I knew my voice would not be heard, so I kept quiet. I'm all about love, not hate, and the hate that I have seen here is directed at those who supported Trump. And that to me = hypocrisy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results