shape
carat
color
clarity

RB with pear sides - proportions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m trying to figure out what proportion side stones would look great with an approx. 1 ct. center diamond. The ring I''m looking at specifically is this one:
http://www.knoxjewelers.biz/index.htm?crn=213&rn=831&action=show_detail. I don''t want the sides to look really small, nor can we afford the one shown. I received quotes for .60 sapphire sides, and I''m having a hard time figuring out what it will look like.

I know this varies, depending on a person''s preference, but does anyone have any advice for proportions to use with a similar ring? I looked at the "design your own ring" option at www.adiamondisforever.com but it looked awful (because of the band that''s automatically shown). Any thoughts?

I''ve also done a search here but it''s so hard to tell from a tiny picture. My ring size is 4.50-4.75.
33.gif

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
My center stone is 3.02 ct with the sidestones each .43. I happen to think it''s perfect!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
My center stone is 2.36 and the sides total .68, so 34 each.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the replies! Kaleigh - I love the look of your ring. Unfortunately, we can''t go up that high for our center stone. If we did approx. 1 ct. with approx. .35-.40 on each side (in sapp.), do you think those proportions would look good?

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I think side stone size is personal. I happen to love the look of larger side stones, but, that''s just me. I think the sizes you are looking at will look great...There''s really no wrong answer!
28.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Miranda! That''s what I figured, so I hesitated to ask the question, but it''s just so hard to tell.

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Can you ask the vendor to shoot some pictures of the stones with a 1 carat diamond in the middle to help make you more cofortable with your choice? The setting is beautiful. I think the proportions should be fine. It also depends on how "fat" the pears are though.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Zoebarlett - if I understand correctly, you are considering sapphire sidestones - I just want to make sure that you know that sapphires weigh more than diamonds, so all else remaining equal, 0.60 ctw of sapphires would appear smaller than 0.60 ctw diamonds. Just want to make sure you are taking that into account when deciding on size (as many of the sizes quoted here are in all diamond rings)...

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2007 3:58:40 PM
Author: :)
Hi Zoebarlett - if I understand correctly, you are considering sapphire sidestones - I just want to make sure that you know that sapphires weigh more than diamonds, so all else remaining equal, 0.60 ctw of sapphires would appear smaller than 0.60 ctw diamonds. Just want to make sure you are taking that into account when deciding on size (as many of the sizes quoted here are in all diamond rings)...
Hi! Yes, we''re considering side sapphires, and we do know that sapphires weigh more, making them appear smaller. I''ve seen just a few diamond RBs with sapphire pears -- AGBF''s is the one that comes to mind. I''d love to see others but I can''t remember if anyone else here has that. I''ll go look again. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results