shape
carat
color
clarity

RB purchase, please advise

bedo7230

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I've posted a couple stones before for advice but wasn't ready to pull the trigger when it came down to it, but now I'm back and ready to buy! What are your thoughts on the following? Images are attached as well.

Carat Weight:1.11
Cut:Excellent
Color:I
Clarity:VS1
Depth:61.50
Table:56.00
Crown: 34.0
Pavilion: 40.8
Polish:Excellent
Symmetry:Excellent
6.64 - 6.68 x 4.10 mm
Price is about $4,800

What do you all think? Could this be the one to pull the trigger on? Thanks again for all the help!

8_idealscope.jpg 8aset.jpg 8real_1.jpg 8arrows.jpg 8hearts.jpg

bedo7230

Rough_Rock
anyone have any thoughts? Thanks!

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
That is a gorgeous stone. Numbers are perfect :appl: You did a great job! How are you planning on setting it?

newjourney

Rough_Rock
That's a good price as well. Nice find!

bedo7230

Rough_Rock
Thanks Diamondbug!!! Unfortunately, when I went to go place the order they said the stone is no longer in stock, even though it's listed on their site as it is. :wall: :wall: :wall: I have a new one on hold that they said is very similar, so I will be posting the numbers shortly and I will have the pictures within the next day or so. This one they were able to put on hold so hopefully it measures up!

As for the setting, I'm getting something made similar to the Tacori 2620 with the dainty halo!

bedo7230

Rough_Rock
How do these stats look? I should have the images tomorrow, but should I expect them to be as good as above or start my search over now?

Carat Weight:1.08
Cut:Excellent
Color:I
Clarity:VS2
Depth:60.3
Table:57.00
Crown: 33.5
Pavilion: 40.8
Polish:Excellent
Symmetry:Excellent
6.66 - 6.68 x 4.02 mm

Thanks again!!

bedo7230

Rough_Rock
The magnified image is below, still waiting on the other images as well. Do you think the crystal at around 10:00 will be visible to the naked eye? They said its eye clean, but everyone's definition of that is different. The stone is a VS2, so it should not be visible, correct?

215635390_1.jpg

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Too bad about the other stone :(( . The new stone looks good and the angles work but as a personal preference I prefer crown angles of 34 to 35 with a 40.8 pavillion. Do you know what the crown depth is? It scores .8 on HCA so its worth looking into. I think it will be eye clean... can barely see it in the magnified photo. Do they have a good return policy in case it is not eye clean to you? Can you get IS on the stone?

bedo7230

Rough_Rock
Great news! The original diamond had not yet been sold as it was out at a show! I won't feel completely at ease until I have confirmation that the diamond has been shipped but yayy!!

RockBrat

Shiny_Rock
I just wanted to say congratulations! I am in love with that first 60/60 stone you posted and a little bit jelly. :lickout: I think you have a really good one coming your way and hope you'll post pictures!

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
WOOHOO!! Lucky guy! When do you get it? Please post photos and let us know your thoughts on it!! Should be gorgeous!!

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looking forward to seeing the first stone! Let us know when it should be arriving!

bedo7230

Rough_Rock
I'm a very lucky and giddy girl right now!! I'm lucky enough to be given the chance to pick out my own ER :D :D The diamond is expected to be delivered next Friday, which feels like a lifetime away right now!

I do have a follow up question - is it best to get the stone appraised loose before bringing it to our jeweler to be set? We're going tonight to start our custom setting process with them. Should I bring it to an appraiser before giving it to them to set then update the appraisal afterwards? Or since we have the GIA cert, is it only necessary to ensure the inscription matches the report?

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
:bigsmile: Yep lucky gal indeed! Please share your setting inspiration/vision. I have no project going on so gotta get my thrills from others!! LOL

Is the stone from Blue Nile? If you can read the inscription and are confident about the stone... checking inclusion plot or even just getting your jeweler to confirm, than I think you are good. The last stone I bought was from BN It did not have any IS/ASET/ H&A image and I was not confident about the cut, it was a 60/60 stone with strong blue fl so I sent it to Neil Beaty, one of our respected PS appraiser for my peace of mind. It was $$ well spent. But when I bought from GOG, Whiteflash and BG, I was confident with the buy that I didn't have them appraised other that the appraisal that it came with for insurance purpose. ;))

bedo7230

Rough_Rock
My setting inspiration from a top view is the Tacori 2620. We will be tweaking the side view though, as I think the basket on the 2620 is a bit much for me. We have seen one of our jeweler's settings that is similar and are just going to make a few tweaks from there. I'll post an update on how it goes after we meet with him this evening!

The stone is from B2C. Our jeweler has already said that they can confirm that it matches for us when it comes in. Since we already have the images, maybe we will just stick with that.

bedo7230

Rough_Rock
the diamond came in two days early and i must say :love: :love: :love: :love: Granted I'm no expert but it looks beautiful to me. I will try to take pictures in the next couple days before it gets brought in for the setting!

thank you everyone for your help! i couldn't be more appreciative of all the advice i was given along the way!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results