shape
carat
color
clarity

Rate this diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

xsscx

Rough_Rock
It is a modified princess cut. That is a princess diamond with the corners cut off....basically a cross between a princess and a radiant cut. The asking price is $11,089. It is GIA
6.98x6.51x4.59
E
VS1
symmetry=G
polish=VG
depth=70.5
table=74
girdle=med
no culet
fluorescence=med blue

Is there any other info you need to judge quality and cost? Again thank you.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
All you need is crown height and pavilion depth to round out the description.

If they check out okay, the price is very fair. Have you seen the stone personally? How's it look?

xsscx

Rough_Rock
Where do I find the crown height and pavilion depth? I didn't see it on the GIA report. What would be considered ex/vg/g?

I have seen the diamond and I think it looks very nice, but I really don't have much to compare it to. Thank you.

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
You can ask your vendor to provide you with
a sarin report which details those measurements.

GIA does not list crown heights and pavilion depths
on their reports.

Kirk Konst

Yupi

Rough_Rock
If you check the standard for a princess cut, the ideal table% is 66-70% and depth% is 64-68%. Hope this help.
wavey.gif

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
You might want to check out the AGA Cut Class Charts to get a feel for what the traditionally preferred parameters are for princess cuts.

http://www.gemappraisers.com/chrt4.htm

xsscx

Rough_Rock
Thank you. I will have more info on Monday. Since this is a princess cut with the corners cut off, should I also look at the Flanders cut diamonds. They seem to be similar in shape. Would a flanders cut be more brilliant?

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Actually Flanders' Brilliants are quite different... They have a pretty deep cut and a higher crown. Be advised that Flanders' is a patented cut and it's more expensive than a cut corner princess cut. Definitely ask for a Sarin-OGI report to find out all angles and percentage... I just noticed that this diamond isn't neither square nor rectangular... Do you like that shape? Also, find out if you like the med blue fluorescence in an E color...

Hope that helps

Giangi

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results