shape
carat
color
clarity

RANT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Let me just preface this by saying that I love my husband very much
BUT
I spent all day in the ER because he completely separated his shoulder.

How? you ask..
Riding his mountain bike.
Really fast.
Down a steep hill.
Full of rocks and roots and logs.
And, oh yeah, it rained last night, so it was slippery.
But this is not the first time. Oh no.
He sees stairs and logs and trees and benches and cliffs as a challenge. with his bike...
Is this something genetically encoded on the y chromosome? (he is a highly intelligent man but...
not when it comes to extreme sports.....)

Luckily he will heal. Maybe need surgery.
It could have been a lot worse

He now sees this as a new challenge.
To see if he can continue his life with one arm.
(work should be a challenge since he is a surgeon)
I do love his optimism.

Thank you for listening.
I do feel better.

When do the men stop being boys?

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
It's a love a life and love of challenges that has made him the man you picked. It's their testosterone that's compliments our estrogen!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2008 5:52:44 PM
Author: swingirl
It''s a love a life and love of challenges that has made him the man you picked. It''s their testosterone that''s compliments our estrogen!
Your right. I know. He wouldn''t be *him* if he didn''t do all of this crazy stuff.
I just want to yell at him, but I don''t want to kick while he''s down.
This just frustrates me. But to tell him to stop would be like cutting off his air supply.
I just needed to vent.
Thanks

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
LOL, my husband just read your post and said to tell you the answer is... never....
20.gif

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2008 6:13:33 PM
Author: Pandora II
LOL, my husband just read your post and said to tell you the answer is... never....
20.gif
Good to know...
(at least your dh is honest Pandora!)

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m a mountain bike "widow" as well. But DH seems to believe it''s against an unspoken code to ride the day after rain (damages the trails, apparently, and when you volunteer to keep the trails up, the pressure is even greater) so I don''t have to worry about that as much. But the crashing, yes, that happens regularly. My 3 year old niece just knows that when Uncle [DH] rides his bike, he falls a lot. She does this great reenactment. "Uncle [DH] rides, rides, rides really fast. Then he sees a tree. CRASH! Then he falls off his bike." Kerplat she goes.

He broke his collar bone when he was younger but has only had scrapes since he got back into riding last year. But I''m sure that stitches or broken bones are inevitable.
7.gif

On the positive side, his hobby involves exercise and being outdoors . . . what we want to instill in our kids, right?

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Oh no! Ouch! My FIL did something like that a few years ago. He was riding his bike and hit a curb...A week or so after an eye surgery that left his vision blurry! He eventually had to have surgery to have the new shoulder boo-boo fixed.

Ah well, whatcha gonna do?

My hubby does crazy things all the time, too. He once went surfing a few days after Great White shark attack 20 miles away.
23.gif
32.gif
I just cover my eyes...And make sure the life insurance is up to date!

I do hope your hubby is on the mend...And sending out patience vibes to you!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2008 11:10:04 PM
Author: phoenixgirl
I''m a mountain bike ''widow'' as well. But DH seems to believe it''s against an unspoken code to ride the day after rain (damages the trails, apparently, and when you volunteer to keep the trails up, the pressure is even greater) so I don''t have to worry about that as much. But the crashing, yes, that happens regularly. My 3 year old niece just knows that when Uncle [DH] rides his bike, he falls a lot. She does this great reenactment. ''Uncle [DH] rides, rides, rides really fast. Then he sees a tree. CRASH! Then he falls off his bike.'' Kerplat she goes.

He broke his collar bone when he was younger but has only had scrapes since he got back into riding last year. But I''m sure that stitches or broken bones are inevitable.
7.gif

On the positive side, his hobby involves exercise and being outdoors . . . what we want to instill in our kids, right?

It wasn''t rainy enough to damage the trails (heaven forbid!) He would never do that . he also is an avid volunteer on trail work days.
You know when you are walking in the woods and come across a man made bridge or jump, and you think "who in their right mind took the time to do that?"
Chances are it was him and his buddies LOL
He takes the kids to do trail work too. He calls them The Dragon Trails and finds them "fairy gems" (broken reflectors) and they are thrilled!
They also are regulars at town meetings to open up more trails to bikes.
My son says things like "Dad said when I go to Extreme Bike Camp, I can do a huge jump and land in a big pile of foam! Isn''t that COOL!)
23.gif
29.gif

BUt DH is a stubborn one.
He made me sit and watch while he emptied the dishwasher, did the dishes, and made breakfast one handed.
(but any time he wants to clean...)
36.gif

I am also familiar with the term MB Widow.....
There was a gash on his leg too. But he stitched himself up. One handed...

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2008 11:13:15 PM
Author: Miranda
Oh no! Ouch! My FIL did something like that a few years ago. He was riding his bike and hit a curb...A week or so after an eye surgery that left his vision blurry! He eventually had to have surgery to have the new shoulder boo-boo fixed.

Ah well, whatcha gonna do?

My hubby does crazy things all the time, too. He once went surfing a few days after Great White shark attack 20 miles away.
23.gif
32.gif
I just cover my eyes...And make sure the life insurance is up to date!

I do hope your hubby is on the mend...And sending out patience vibes to you!
Thanks Miranda! Sorry about your FIL! OUCH!

DH also surfs! It used to drive me CRAZY! WE don''t live near the water anymore. (one less thing to worry about) I keep up with the life and Disability insurance LOL!
Thank you for the patience vibes, I think they are working!
1.gif

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
DH UPDATE

doesn''t need surgery.
has to wear a shoulder brace.
I have to help dress him and cut his food.
He doesn''t like that.
Kids think it is really funny
9.gif

Alls well that ends well.

Phoenixgirl- Not to make your DH jealous, but he actually built a pump track in our back yard (after having 7 truck loads of dirt delivered) And don''t think that the snow stops him. He has special studded tires for that! And a special headlight for night time...
38.gif
32.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
SO is this way, but he has a four wheeler
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2008 11:14:06 AM
Author: dragonfly411
SO is this way, but he has a four wheeler
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

YIKES!
Sorry to hear that dragonfly!
23.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results