shape
carat
color
clarity

Random Thoughts

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada sorry about the dental work and bill! I think I’ve shared how much I’ve spent on dental work. I could’ve have quite the bling budget had I not had all that dental work done! B31A21F2-A2FA-4311-A229-D326BBE9917F.gif

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Mine are porcelain. I don't think they make gold ones anymore.
One is very slowly cracking off bit by bit, so it's only a matter of time till the dentist demands another $500 from me!!

I am requesting gold or silver for my fillings for this exact reason!

I've had them use composite and porcelain - and THEY CRACK! I am fuming - I need two fillings replaced after five years! It's not like I chew on metal filings for fun?!

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock

I've had them use composite and porcelain - and THEY CRACK! I am fuming - I need two fillings replaced after five years! It's not like I chew on metal filings for fun?!

Do you grind or clench your teeth by chance? Perhaps a night mouth guard will help!

I'm not sure how metal fillings impact any potential future MRIs?? Hopefully you won't need any, but I had several in the last few years.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have zirconium. I hope they last! I also got a night guard as I am a grinder.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not to pile on but @Cerulean, I have both silver and composite fillings which I’ve had over 20 years. I grind my teeth as well over 20 years and wear a night guard, I get mine just from the pharmacy. Makes a big difference in how long they last. Now I can’t sleep without one!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not to pile on but @Cerulean, I have both silver and composite fillings which I’ve had over 20 years. I grind my teeth as well over 20 years and wear a night guard, I get mine just from the pharmacy. Makes a big difference in how long they last. Now I can’t sleep without one!

I tried a night guard, and I just couldn't sleep with it in my mouth.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, it’s really difficult at first not going to lie, but I’ve been wearing one every night for 20 plus years. Even wearing one religiously, my back molars have hairline fractures and will need crowns in the future. I wish I could will myself to stop!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Do you grind or clench your teeth by chance? Perhaps a night mouth guard will help!

I'm not sure how metal fillings impact any potential future MRIs?? Hopefully you won't need any, but I had several in the last few years.

Good point. Never thought of that..I already have lots of permanent titanium staples in my body so maybe it’s already too late!

Honestly - I probably do clench my jaw. The dentist suggested it based on other symptoms...

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I want to come to the margarita lunch too. My husband is driving me crazy. :p

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arcadian and @seaurchin If only you were here, I think we'd have a very good time. I'll have a margarita for each of you in your honor (which means I'll be useless for the rest of the day). Oh the sacrifices I make for my fellow PSers.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband’s bathroom is disgusting..He's supposed to take care of it..I know he doesn’t clean like me but I didn’t expect what I saw. This is a man that keeps himself very clean...He’s very neat...and organized. Obviously that doesn’t also mean clean. He had orange mold on his shower curtain...That‘s the nicest thing I can say..I’ve spent two and a half hours in there and have to go back in... 3FA75F26-A7C5-4932-BD18-00E78E66E51A.jpeg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A random side effect of the pandemic's year-long isolation -- out of shape vocal cords. Now that I have a small cohort of friends who are fully vaccinated, we've been getting together for drinks and catch-up. The day after every get together, my voice is hoarse as a result of talking only to DH & close family for short periods of time. Maybe I should start talking out loud to myself to beef up the vocal muscles.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have got something trully spectacular for show & tell
that @Bron357 very generously gifted me after the rather upsetting death of a kitten

now its here and its trully fabulous
But the camera on my phone won't upload
i think its because i am sooooo low on memory
So tomorrow i will have to do a purge

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reading the comments here about dentistry in the US I’m getting seriously worried. I worked for a dentist for many years, and the prices their are just outrageous. I’ve got composite fillings that I’ve had for 30 years, and amalgam fillings that I’ve had for more than 40 years that are still fine.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reading the comments here about dentistry in the US I’m getting seriously worried. I worked for a dentist for many years, and the prices their are just outrageous. I’ve got composite fillings that I’ve had for 30 years, and amalgam fillings that I’ve had for more than 40 years that are still fine.

Hi @Austina if I may chime in here. If you purchase dental insurance it usually covers dental checkups and at least part of if not all of crowns etc. We have had a lot of dental work and fortunately it hasn't been cost prohibitive. I definitely would recommend looking into purchasing dental insurance. It is worth it at least for us.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A random side effect of the pandemic's year-long isolation -- out of shape vocal cords. Now that I have a small cohort of friends who are fully vaccinated, we've been getting together for drinks and catch-up. The day after every get together, my voice is hoarse as a result of talking only to DH & close family for short periods of time. Maybe I should start talking out loud to myself to beef up the vocal muscles.

That's why I talk to my dog all day; Otherwise when I get on the phone for work, I sound hoarse.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
was just snacking on some ginormouse green seedless grapes i forgot i bought for Xmas day breakfast
prompted me to get my new as yet unused callipers out to measure how big they would be if they were pearls

dang dropped them undoing all the packaging
phew they ok

oh man need glasses plus the loupe to see the readings

off to rob a bank

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why did I let my husband cut my hair?! :doh:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG! Are you okay mamabee? Remember it’s only hair and will grow back.

He kept making mistakes so he went shorter and shorter. He also cut it blunt so I look very modern..:lol:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi @Bron357
thinking of you all accross the ditch and hoping you all stay healthy in all this covid madness
Im playing with my opal ring you gave me tonight
i wish it would photograph better
its throwing glittery flashes but its also glowing red tonight

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi @Bron357
thinking of you all accross the ditch and hoping you all stay healthy in all this covid madness
Im playing with my opal ring you gave me tonight
i wish it would photograph better
its throwing glittery flashes but its also glowing red tonight

Please take a pic @Daisys and Diamonds! I would love to see it!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
im never going to be jewel of the week

:lol-2:

but hay thats ok =)2

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
YOU are the jewel of the week and year! :kiss2: Please take a pic of the opal!

thank you MamaBee, you are too kind =)2
i will
as
actually im about to go out to get my phone back
it was the longest repair ever due to the christmas holidays (rather than covid)
it needed a new charging port but the wholesaler was shut down for the holidays so the part couldn't even be ordered

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
thank you MamaBee, you are too kind =)2
i will
as
actually im about to go out to get my phone back
it was the longest repair ever due to the christmas holidays (rather than covid)
it needed a new charging port but the wholesaler was shut down for the holidays so the part couldn't even be ordered
Everything is taking longer than normal. I hope it’s all fixed and working when you pick it up!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results