shape
carat
color
clarity

Random talk thread!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Starting this as a thread for random stuff especially for those who are just married or even married and not ready to move into the Family section.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You too BeezyGal! Come on in and chat about random stuff with us!

I've got meatballs cooking in a homemade pasta sauce for dinner. It smells SOOoo good! Bread rising getting ready to bake. Still have to knead the fresh pasta.
I need to play around with my gluten free flours! All of this work to make something that smells amazing and I can't eat it ;(
I'm having leftover chicken soup from dinner yesterday -- still yummy but not the same!

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
I am here! :wavey: yeah! Random chat thread! Just like the old time with you and Jessie. Hope I will meet more ppl here since I have been away for so long!

Homemade pasta sauce. Yummy! I recently got a crockpot from Costco when it was on sale! Love it so much! It's like my cooking maid. Put everything in and dinner is ready when I am done teaching. I am planning to use it to make a chicken red wine dish! :appl:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chicken & red wine in a crockpot :lickout:

We were given a crockpot a few years ago as a wedding gift. I have a few things I like to do with it and have been wanting to branch out into more yummy stuff.

Audball should be over soon!

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Let's trade some crock pot recipes. I have been using it to make pulled pork, BBQ ribs, butter chicken and chili. So good.

Audball! Come chat!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite so far is steel cut oatmeal. I can dump everything in the crockpot before bed and breakfast is ready to go in the morning!

Super simple:
1 cup steel cut oats
4 cups liquid (I use some combination of water, almond milk, or coconut milk)
dried fruit or nuts -- Cranberries, cherries, apricots, almonds, pecans....

The combinations are endless!
I didn't have very good luck with fresh apples. They turned out flavorless by morning. If you can toss the diced apple in 15-20 minutes before serving, it works great!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That chicken looks really good! I love pearl onions & baby carrots :lickout:

Breakfast for me would usually be granola or a yogurt or whatever was leftover from dinner.

"A" showed up just over a year ago at about 95 pounds and 5'4". She gained 5 pounds before the doctor had an appointment to see her, but they were still worried. I've been taking her in every three months for a weight check due to their concerns of anorexia.
So... Every meal has to be planned for a good balance of protein and other nutrients. Little sugar.
Breakfast cereals are mostly empty calories or lots of sugar and "A" won't touch the healthier options.

Steel cut oats has a surprising amount of protein and stuff in it. I actually don't mind doing this because it is super easy -- just two things to measure and then I can walk away and forget about it!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Hi ladies!! Woot! Let's get this party started!

audball

Ideal_Rock
TP -- as the OP, want to ask the mods to stick this so as we get to adding photos to the archive threads, it doesn't get lost?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1385046921|3560517 said:
TP -- as the OP, want to ask the mods to stick this so as we get to adding photos to the archive threads, it doesn't get lost?

Great idea!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that I posted bunches of pics in the other area, I finally learned how to size them correctly :rolleyes: :lol:

Oh well! At least now I know how to post nice clear pictures to share in the weekly threads!

audball

Ideal_Rock
So true! Are you going to wait and do one picture each week? Or just go ahead and pick and upload all the (relevant) ones? Obviously some weeks we'll have to skip not having bridal parties, etc.

We have received our photos via online gallery for viewing/proofing. Our disk of images is in the mail so as soon as I have the actual files, I'll start my sharing thread and add to the archives here!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Yes -- I'm anal retentive! Haha. I just bumped all the weekly photo archive threads in reverse order so you'd see everything in order working down with our small talk thread at the top. Yeah, it pushed all the topics from past brides past the archives onto another page since most of them have long since moved on from newlywed life into family life, motherhood, and beyond! And, it totally bugs me that there isn't a week 26, ha!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't wait to see your pictures!

Hmmm..... I've been thinking about that. There is part of me that thinks one per week would be great because then I've got lots of excuses to go through the pictures again and again. But then there is the part of me saying "OOOOO!!! I know just the right picture for week ____!!!"

What do you think?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1385048909|3560565 said:
Yes -- I'm anal retentive! Haha. I just bumped all the weekly photo archive threads in reverse order so you'd see everything in order working down with our small talk thread at the top. Yeah, it pushed all the topics from past brides past the archives onto another page since most of them have long since moved on from newlywed life into family life, motherhood, and beyond! And, it totally bugs me that there isn't a week 26, ha!

There IS a week 26!

Look down near the bottom of this first page!

ETA: Change that to first thread on 2nd page!

audball

Ideal_Rock
I think I'm going to try to wait and do one each week. Like you said, another excuse to look at them again. And extends the joy of the pictures out over several months. But you know the operative word there is try...not sure that's going to be reality!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Gah! It's not in the archive thread that's stickied. Now they'll be out of order! Bleh!!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: :lol:

I'm glad I'm not the only one :lol:

That's okay! They'll get into the right order as we post pictures :bigsmile:

I do think that trying to stick to one picture each week will be good. I've been thrilled to have them back and look at them lots but I'm running out of people IRL to share them with! Okay.... and no one IRL is all that excited. They had their weddings years ago or aren't married yet so the most enthusiastic responses I've gotten have been along the lines of "They're really nice pictures. It really was pretty."

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One week until Thanksgiving.

Do you have any plans?

audball

Ideal_Rock
It's settled then! We'll do 1 per week. I can't start until I get my pictures back, though!! Should we choose a week to start so we're on the same schedule?

audball

Ideal_Rock
Yep! Family. We're traveling 2 hours north on Saturday to do Thanksgiving with my family. DH only gets Thanksgiving day off so traveling when he has to be back to work on Friday isn't fun. So we'll see them this weekend. It's at my older sister's place and we all bring things.

Then on the actual day of, his Mom is hosting in the town where we live so we'll be there with her, DH's sister/her husband/their son. His brother/his wife/their son may stop by for dessert to visit, but they do day of with her family.

You?

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Hi audball! :wavey:

I am looking forward to the black Friday sale. :) :appl:

audball

Ideal_Rock
Hi beezy!! :)) :))

My little sister has always been into Black Friday. Thankfully, her DH's family is also way into it so she goes with them every year. I'm not into it, but that's ok!

I'm so sad that DH has such limited leave time with his job. I'd really love to relax and hang out on Friday and through the weekend. It's such a bummer that he has to work the day after Thanksgiving.

Last year, he was still a student so we were able to have more holiday time together. My employer closes from 12/23 until 1/2 paid, without having to take vacation time. I get that's far from the norm, and I'm so grateful to work where I do, it's a bummer though that outside of weekend days in that period, DH will only be off with me on 12/25 and 1/1.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1385049845|3560585 said:
It's settled then! We'll do 1 per week. I can't start until I get my pictures back, though!! Should we choose a week to start so we're on the same schedule?

I'll just wait to post my next until you've got yours back and the first one up. We can just start from there the next week on the same schedule!

Exciting!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
A random thought/question - for how long is one considered a newlywed? A year of marriage? Less/more than?

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1385060232|3560712 said:
I'll just wait to post my next until you've got yours back and the first one up. We can just start from there the next week on the same schedule!

Exciting!
Sounds good!

audball

Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1385062097|3560743 said:
A random thought/question - for how long is one considered a newlywed? A year of marriage? Less/more than?
I think most people would consider you newlyweds definitely for the first year. And I think I read, maybe here on PS, that you're a "newlywed" for the first 2 years.

ETA: A quick Google search yielding opinions ranging from 1 to 3 years.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1385062193|3560748 said:
star sparkle|1385062097|3560743 said:
I think most people would consider you newlyweds definitely for the first year. And I think I read, maybe here on PS, that you're a "newlywed" for the first 2 years.

ETA: A quick Google search yielding opinions ranging from 1 to 3 years.

Interesting. There's a big difference between 1 and 3 years, IMO. :lol:

audball

Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1385062582|3560755 said:
Interesting. There's a big difference between 1 and 3 years, IMO. :lol:
I agree. I think definitely a newlywed up to 1 year. I can even buy 2 years since there are usually lots of changes for couples off the bat (some include house buying). Most of my friends have jumped on the TTC wagon by year 3 so for me that feels outside of the realm of newlywed.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results