shape
carat
color
clarity

Random pre-proposal dreams, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock

Have any other LIW had strange dreams while waiting for their SO to propose or am I just going crazy?

Background Info:
Bf and I have been together for 3 and 1/2 years. We started our search for a diamond last October (when I stumbled upon pricescope while researching the 4 cs!). We found the perfect RB diamond in late November, and he bought it early december. Last month, We decided on a custom pink gold solitaire setting that still has to be made. The jeweler told us they would have a cast of the setting made for us to approve before they made it in gold.
I think bf is planning on proposing this december (around our 4 year anniversary).

The Dream:
Last night, I dreamt that I went to a random house that had some sort of random party going on. When I walked in the door, one of my friends (not sure who) rand up to me and congratulated me on getting engaged. I was very confused as i knew that BF hadn''t proposed to me. She explained that he had told her, his family (some of whom were actually at the party) and the rest of the random party-goers that he was going to propose that very day (I knew that it was summer time and WAY earlier than I had expected to be proposed to). Nice of my friend to tell me and ruin any chance of surprise I had left, right
40.gif
?
So, a little later, bf found me alone in a room, got down on one knee, said amazingly sweet things (can''t remember what though) and asked me to marry him. Even though the surprise was completely blown, I was ecstatic and immediately started bawling.
Then, he took out the ring box and opened it.
When I looked at the ring, i was completely shocked! It was the ugliest excuse for an ering I could have ever imagined. My pink "gold" trellis setting was actually poured bubblegum pink plastic that was probably 8mm wide. It had rhinestones pressed into the plastic on the left and right side. In my lovely vvs2 RB''s stead, was an oval shaped piece of glass that was glued into the pink plastic.
I freaked out! I said "Hunny, this isn''t our ring!!" He told me that it was and that he had just approved the cast a few weeks earlier (which I knew meant that we were stuck with it). I don''t remember what either of us said after that, but I remember being something like this guy ---->
29.gif

I then woke up to my alarm going off.

This dream was strange for many reasons (beside the obvious ones):
*Summer proposal: bf told me he wants to wait until after our birthdays to propose (mine''s next month, his is in October)
*Bf telling the whole world he was going to propose: He decided that I was to be the first to find out that he''s proposing. (cutting out the whole "asking permission" thing). He''s not telling anyone we know ahead of time that he is going to propose. We want to tell everyone together.
*Wide band: I really don''t like plain, wide bands on my fingers. I wouldn''t choose 8 mm for my solitaire setting. Is that even possible?
*Rhinestones on either side of the "diamond": When searching for bands we made sure the jeweler knew that we wanted a plain solitaire setting with no diamonds on the side. When we get married, we are adding a wrap that will have diamonds on it.
*Oval shaped "diamond": We weren''t even considering any shape other than RB. I love the timeless look of round stones.
*BF approving the cast without me: He would never do that in real life. We have been planning on going to approve it together.

Soo.. has anyone else LIW or married, had a wierd dream like that?

Just for the heck of it, I''ll post pics of my REAL ring.

Here''s the only pic I have of the diamond and it''s kinda bad. There are glares on it from the case it''s in.

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Here's the enhancer

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Scott Kay setting, but custom made in pink gold

settingscottkay.jpg

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Hope this one works
(enhancer, but it will be in yellow gold without the "bright setting".. I think that's what it's called anyway)

enhancer415.jpg

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Dang it! I guess I''m pretty bad at uploading pics...
Sorry!

diamond415.jpg

justjill

Rough_Rock
I had a dream a couple of weeks ago that he proposed on top of a very tall building in a city.

I have a fear of heights and live in a city where there are no buildings over 5 stories...haha

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
We''ve been ring shopping and I anticipate a proposal within the next 6 months. I''ve had two engagement/wedding dreams:

1 - he proposed and I hated the ring and cried. I made him take it back.

2 - the wedding happened and it was the WORST wedding ever and I HATED it. I wanted to redo the wedding.

I''m guessing it all just means I want the ring and wedding to be perfect...not too much to ask for the one day that''s all mine, is it?!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I dreamed that I was proposed to with a ring--with which he'd kindly kept the paperwork, since I'm into that--that had I4 sidestones. I4!!! Is there even such a thing?!

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 8:09:52 PM
Author: blueroses
I dreamed that I was proposed to with a ring--with which he''d kindly kept the paperwork, since I''m into that--that had I4 sidestones. I4!!! Is there even such a thing?!
He he! I4.
the other day my stepfather was bragging about the jewelry he has bought for my mother as he was getting ready to update his insurance policy. Wanting to save them a little money (they are WAY overpaying) I asked him to tell me the specs on her wedding ring. He said very smugly "oh. you wouldn''t ''get it''. diamond value is determined differently than other "things". They have certain factors they look at. You wouldn''t understand them"
11.gif
. To be fair, he doesn''t know that BF and I have been looking at diamonds for 6 months, living and breathing the 4cs. But I was still pretty insulted when he said it.
29.gif

I took a look at the list anyway. "Engagement Ring: 3/4 carat, "I2/I3" Clarity. "H - J" Color." (Didn''t even mention the cut.) Yeah. He DEFINETLY knows what he''s talking about. I felt lucky to be in the presence of a true diamond "god".

I may not know everything there is to know about diamonds, but I can tell him the exact specs of my center stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results