color
clarity

Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh dear im so sorry @MamaBee
Cats don't seem to have the same amount of stuff as dogos but i can't bare to move Tibby's cushions from the lounge
the other day i had to dismantle the bed he comindered that was a clothes horse because i needed to use it to get some clothes dry - i felt so sad
i have a little vase by his box of ashes
i found some wild daffodils yesterday and the last rose

@Daisys and Diamonds Everyone grieves in a different way. We can’t have Bailey’s things around because it causes too much pain. We can’t even look at his photos yet. I posted his photo on here not realizing I would see it when I scroll. It hurts every time I see it.
Tibby was lucky to have you..and you him..The flowers for him sound lovely..

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds Everyone grieves in a different way. We can’t have Bailey’s things around because it causes too much pain. We can’t even look at his photos yet. I posted his photo on here not realizing I would see it when I scroll. It hurts every time I see it.
Tibby was lucky to have you..and you him..The flowers for him sound lovely..

I always used to post a picture of Tibby up close for a Tibby hug is sad situations like Bailey's passing
i dont have any pictures up
Tinky is locked away in my phone from 3 upgrades ago
I don't even have pictures of my mum and dad except in the guest room and i never look at them- its too sad
I keep thinking of that Eric Clapton song tears in heaven

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I always used to post a picture of Tibby up close for a Tibby hug is sad situations like Bailey's passing
i dont have any pictures up
Tinky is locked away in my phone from 3 upgrades ago
I don't even have pictures of my mum and dad except in the guest room and i never look at them- its too sad
I keep thinking of that Eric Clapton song tears in heaven

@Daisys and Diamonds I understand completely..I still can’t look at photos of Gordie, my dog before Bailey. He passed away around fifteen years ago. It took me two years after Gordie to adopt Bailey. We’re saying no more dogs..but I said that after Gordie too.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Funniest thing about these pictures is the top one was taken in the morning and the bottom at night.

13E813DB-F719-446D-9B71-83B66EAD6395.jpeg

FC104328-A934-4840-AFBC-977BED31BA1B.jpeg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw thanks @MamaBee, these two get along pretty well although the cat does get annoyed if the dogs wake her up lol!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds I understand completely..I still can’t look at photos of Gordie, my dog before Bailey. He passed away around fifteen years ago. It took me two years after Gordie to adopt Bailey. We’re saying no more dogs..but I said that after Gordie too.

The thing with cats is you don't even have to invite them - they just show up and next thing you know they are breaking into your house and reclining on the furniture :kiss2:
Gary had bearly said no more cats when the Fluffa Duffa snuck inside and took up residence on the lounge window sill behind the curtain
I say to her (and dear Borris) often you remember Tibby ? Don't forget him.
Tibby was very patient with Fluffa Duffa and she would wait at the back door for him to come out every morning to play with

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, the empty house is what keeps your heart breaking. It does get better over time and at some point you may find that you can take in another dog and love it just as much. When I lost my last dog in Sept. of 2019 it was the first time in 30 years that I didn't have a fur baby. But I did eventually get to the point that I could bring another one into my life and rescued this little guy in April of 2020. It was right after the Covid mess started and I think he saved me. Not sure I would have mentally survived all the isolation without him.
IMG_3772.jpg

He’s so precious @Lookinagain :kiss2:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He has been on a diet for 4 days. This is his "loook at me my ribs are showing, my stomach is caved in, too weak to stand, gonna pass out" pose for sympathy. He passed his annual physical with flying colors but for his weight (30 lbs) and the vet said the scale started to smoke so time to lose a bit of the fluffy.

Atticus diet.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It’s nearly 2 years since Dottie died, and I think we’re coming round to feeling the same @MamaBee. I just don’t know if I can face going through this again. :cry:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It’s nearly 2 years since Dottie died, and I think we’re coming round to feeling the same @MamaBee. I just don’t know if I can face going through this again. :cry:
@Austina I understand completely..I picked up my mom for lunch yesterday. She asked to see a photo of Bailey. One of the last ones was when I picked her up to spend an hour with him before we took him to the hospital. The photo is one of those live photos where you hold your finger on the photo and you see a small snippet of movement like a tiny video. I saw him lick my mom. Still photos of him are hard but seeing him look like he was alive just about broke me. We will really miss having another dog but we know we can’t do this again. I will just love my son’s dog. Sammie got lots of pets and kisses the last time we saw them. She was loving the attention..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our nephew Captain R

BCF54EB3-C425-443C-80F2-F27F32ED6CC8.jpeg

He’s a natural born sailor. ♥️

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a creepy feeling I was being watched. Turned to find Atticus reading over my shoulder. Probably trying to steal the password to chewy.com

read over shoulder.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some of you know that our cat, Carly, had a sprained shoulder and was diagnosed with arthritis recently. The vet prescribed Dasuquin for the arthritis. Those of you with cats know what a pain it is to give a cat a pill, can’t put it in her food so I’ve been prying the mouth open and throwing it in there.

A couple of days ago she was on my son’s bed and it was pill time. This time I held it in front of her and she sniffed it so I said “you know, you could just eat it”.

And she ate it! I was astounded lol! So now she just eats it without a fight. Great!

AA9CD944-EB0F-40D2-9C0C-90A804806C22.jpeg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some of you know that our cat, Carly, had a sprained shoulder and was diagnosed with arthritis recently. The vet prescribed Dasuquin for the arthritis. Those of you with cats know what a pain it is to give a cat a pill, can’t put it in her food so I’ve been prying the mouth open and throwing it in there.

A couple of days ago she was on my son’s bed and it was pill time. This time I held it in front of her and she sniffed it so I said “you know, you could just eat it”.

And she ate it! I was astounded lol! So now she just eats it without a fight. Great!

AA9CD944-EB0F-40D2-9C0C-90A804806C22.jpeg

You are the cat whisperer!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results