• Start date

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
@JPie as promised!!!

introducing my 3 babies

Cricket, fussy momma’s girl and my “soul cat” - my rescued oriental shorthair

D465F273-C666-4E98-91BF-A846FE451611.jpeg
6DC80DA0-C144-4331-A246-FF2CDCC9D38A.jpeg

Pinky, my food hog & little trouble maker - my friend found in a pile of rubble with his siblings who all found homes but him - he was all hissy and feral, but I couldn’t say no!
1A7299C3-892C-4B0E-8EB1-899934289EDC.jpeg 09019B10-85DA-408A-804A-140F5715F0AC.jpeg
Noodles, the doofus-y Ragdoll, seat stealer and sensitive sweetie pie
23ABD678-4414-4E7B-A43D-C8066C75CCA7.jpeg
8ED1561B-57F1-424A-BEEB-DB77053B5649.jpeg

and Noodles and Pinky - are best best best buds

5ED84235-7559-4049-9323-3DD3BD37A4B3.jpeg DDA52375-73B8-4BCA-82B9-D9C5B3466433.jpeg
4631BA2B-CDC2-473A-AD29-669F5EF073DB.jpeg

They're adorable! Is Noodles a snuggle bug with people and other cats? The Noodles and Pinky kitten pic is absolutely precious.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Two days in a row we had a couple of dogs bust into our yard and now the kitties nap on the garage roof because they must feel safer up there

I have fixed the gate but they are quite big dogs - i did ring the council but they didn't get here in time
Irresponsible dog owners who just let their dogs out to do their bussiness where ever

A kitty (or two) should feel safe in their own back yard
Now they are on the garage roof the birds are very weary of the lilly pilly tree

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like the kitties are giving Greg lots of loving. I wonder if they can tell he didn't feel well.

They love hanging out on him. He’s really the cat whisperer. :lol:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy How is Tommy doing? Is he eating more these days?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy How is Tommy doing? Is he eating more these days?

Hi @yssie thanks for asking. It’s a struggle. I’ll email you tomorrow with details about what’s happening. Lots going on with us and with the cats. To say life is incredibly stressful at the moment would be an understatement.

Since this is the furbaby thread here’s little Oliver looking out at us as we were coming home this afternoon. He’s become such a sweetheart. ❤️
His corneal abrasion seems to be improving thank goodness. His left eye is open now more than it’s been the past few days.
868E2D9B-C612-472A-A331-81C13B4BB728.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi @yssie thanks for asking. It’s a struggle. I’ll email you tomorrow with details about what’s happening. Lots going on with us and with the cats. To say life is incredibly stressful at the moment would be an understatement.

Since this is the furbaby thread here’s little Oliver looking out at us as we were coming home this afternoon. He’s become such a sweetheart. ❤
His corneal abrasion seems to be improving thank goodness. His left eye is open now more than it’s been the past few days.
868E2D9B-C612-472A-A331-81C13B4BB728.jpeg

Thinking of you all Missy and Greg and all the kitties in my prayers

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sorry missy for everything you & greg & the kitties are going thru now!
I hope things get easier quickly!
So sweet how Oliver was looking out the window at you guys!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think we're going to lose Jenna tomorrow.
I think we're going to take her to our vet and he's going to tell us that there's really nothing more we can do for her.
She had a stroke last week. Likely caused by cardiac issues, which are likely caused by a mass on her lung (that is likely cancerous)... Too much "likely". We were hoping to get her to a point of being stable enough to sedate for CT and biopsy, but today she isn't even stable enough to walk to the litterbox.

She's 15. We've had her five years. Just how many more furbabies are we going to fight to keep alive but lose in 2020?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She's 15. We've had her five years. Just how many more furbabies are we going to fight to keep alive but lose in 2020?

My heart hurts for you dear Yssie. Sometimes it's more humane to accept nature's decree than to fight. My own position on that has changed the past few years. Whereas before I was at peace knowing that any one of my animals would tell me when it was time to let go (which usually meant they were quite debilitated but not necessarily in pain) and now I'm at peace with the idea of euthanizing before they get to that point. Going out on a high note is preferable to me than watching death slowly erode their lives. <Hugs>

H

Horsegirl76

I think we're going to take her to our vet and he's going to tell us that there's really nothing more we can do for her.
She had a stroke last week. Likely caused by cardiac issues, which are likely caused by a mass on her lung (that is likely cancerous)... Too much "likely". We were hoping to get her to a point of being stable enough to sedate for CT and biopsy, but today she isn't even stable enough to walk to the litterbox.

I’m so very sorry. We went through similar in December. Heartbreaking—paw prints on your heart ❤️

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Oh @yssie I’m so so so sorry! You’ve been through so much this year with your babies. I know how much you love them and have done everything you can to help them even if we always wonder if we ever did enough. I’m sure the last 5 years of her life were filled with happiness, joy, warm naps in the sun, and security because I know how much of a loving and caring person you are. Sending you lots and lots of love, yssie.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I’m so sorry @yssie :(

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so very sorry @yssie, such a hard thing. Sometimes releasing a furbaby from further discomfort and pain is the kindest thing we can do, even though it hurts us so much. Sending strength and comfort.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would like to report a case of cruelty to furry ones!!!

She was such a good girl. She's a pig but she left the treat as instructed. I did another trick later and she walked away from this treat which she's absolutely desperate for.

She's been well taught that she'll get even more at the end though so she resists.

IMG_20200707_110722.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

nonononononononoooooooooooooo. something is wrong with my eyes......

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Carly decided the ottoman we were playing Yahtzee on was the perfect spot. Well, the game must go on!

IMG_8395.JPG

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yesterday it never got warner than 7 degrees so we had the heat pump on
but do kittys want to hang out with mum and dad ???
Noooooo
By 3.30 and went and got them inside but they seemed happy enough in the rain ????
Borris nabbed the back porch box so Tibby was quite happy having a 'rain coat'.
20200708_164203.jpg 20200708_164219.jpg
I don't like to use the dryer too much because im afraid of the power bill but yesterday i did a whole load of cat blankies in case it rained again today but the sun is out, the washing line is full and Borris is asleep on the garage roof in the sun and Tibby has gone out

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie I’m sorry you’re going through this again. :cry:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My beautiful Ballin (said like "Allen") - struggling through an arduous afternoon.

20200710_165238.jpg

And Cirrus, being the angel he is, looking after his mommy with lots of cuddles.

These dogs make me smile, even in times when not much else does. <3

20200713_133931.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results