color
clarity

Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need to know more about this @missy - you take your cat to the store? I've never seen a cat tolerate something like that in real life!!!

Oh no we could never take our cats outside for a walk. I wish. No these are pet store cats. They are the owners cats and live in his pet store. It's interesting but many of the stores in the area have cats who live there and are well taken care of so while it's not ideal they live in the store they do have food and shelter and love. We visit them whenever we are out for a stroll and this one cat (Twix) loves to sit on our shoulders and purr. LOL. And of course who wouldn't enjoy that.

Pearl:
pearlcat.jpg

Twix:

twixcat.jpg

and Luna:

lunainsun.jpeg

An older photo of Twix on me this past winter

missyandtwix.jpg.png

We would not attempt taking our 4 rescue cats outside. Too risky in the urban environment in which we live plus our cats are too nervous around other people and around noise of which there is an abundance. So indoor kitties they remain.

Last edited:

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Mildred wore it for 10 mins today, George started taking it off himself after 5. We aren't going to take them anywhere except the garden. The other option was to cat proof with special fencing to stop them going over the fence.

Our old cats used to wander over the gardens but they stayed at the back of the house and didn't go towards the main road at the front. Sometimes Smudge came round the front to meet us when we came home and come in the front door with us. It's only a 30mph road but it's a long straight road and it does get busy, lots of buses and ambulances come past. It's one of the main roads out of the city to the motorway.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They had 5 minutes each outside today. They were sniffing around, but I think they were a little spooked by the noise. There is a block of apartments next to our row of townhouses so there's a car park just after next door's garden. I heard a couple of people getting into a car on the car park and a motorbike went past quite loudly. George's tail was fluffed up and both chose when they wanted to come back indoors.

George was better behaved than I thought he would be, yesterday he kept lying down with the harness on. We took Mildred out first so that George could see what he was missing. When George was outside Mildred was pawing the glass door. I will get them another harness (maybe red for George?) so they can go out at the same time.

exploring.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The woman who I was talking about the other day. The saint who rescues all the Brooklyn kitties. Love her so much. She’s a truly amazing woman.
She just rescued a momma cat with 9 babies. That’s right. Nine babies. Anyone interested in adopting a kitten or 2 or 3...

7F4D0D08-6D7F-4E29-9F60-67B4E57039A9.jpeg 29135F9F-C56B-4D80-B88D-6D4B7D7808DF.jpeg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The woman who I was talking about the other day. The saint who rescues all the Brooklyn kitties. Love her so much. She’s a truly amazing woman.
She just rescued a momma cat with 9 babies. That’s right. Nine babies. Anyone interested in adopting a kitten or 2 or 3...

7F4D0D08-6D7F-4E29-9F60-67B4E57039A9.jpeg 29135F9F-C56B-4D80-B88D-6D4B7D7808DF.jpeg

OMG, they're SO precious!!! I really wish I could have one :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday I met a lady with her pet Juliana pig!
In a stroller! I got to pet him. He was so adorable!:love:
IMG_20190427_150527680.jpg

Love!!! We know someone with a pet pig. They’re so smart.:kiss2:

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no we could never take our cats outside for a walk. I wish. No these are pet store cats. They are the owners cats and live in his pet store. It's interesting but many of the stores in the area have cats who live there and are well taken care of so while it's not ideal they live in the store they do have food and shelter and love. We visit them whenever we are out for a stroll and this one cat (Twix) loves to sit on our shoulders and purr. LOL. And of course who wouldn't enjoy that.

Pearl:
pearlcat.jpg

Twix:

twixcat.jpg

and Luna:

lunainsun.jpeg

An older photo of Twix on me this past winter

missyandtwix.jpg.png

We would not attempt taking our 4 rescue cats outside. Too risky in the urban environment in which we live plus our cats are too nervous around other people and around noise of which there is an abundance. So indoor kitties they remain.

Okay, that makes way more sense - sorry! I thought you had taken your kitties on a trip. And then I thought you must be the most incredible cat trainer in the world :lol-2:. I think it's cool that the cats have a place like that to live! They probably get a ton of loving from the customers and owners, and they're not living outside. That's super neat!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, that makes way more sense - sorry! I thought you had taken your kitties on a trip. And then I thought you must be the most incredible cat trainer in the world :lol-2:. I think it's cool that the cats have a place like that to live! They probably get a ton of loving from the customers and owners, and they're not living outside. That's super neat!

Thanks Violet. I wish we could take our kitties out and about but they would never tolerate it. You are right about the pet store kitties. Theyare very loved by all the neighborhood and everyone comes in to visit them just like we do lol. I love them so much that if the owner said I could take all 3 I would.:bigsmile: That would make 7 cats in our family then but the owner will never do that because he loves them too. But I cannot help thinking we can give them the most awesome home and living in a pet store well isn't ideal IMO. But then again they are lucky they have shelter and food and love and many cats don't even have half of that.:cry2:

Hope you and your furry crew are doing well and all falling in love with each other for a peaceful and harmonious and fun household. I have been thinking of you and you are so lucky to have all that fur baby love around you.:kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We visited my parents yesterday. It was my dad’s 85th birthday celebration. And we got to see their newborn feral kitties who live out on their deck. So precious. Sorry the photos aren’t great due to the screen but they would have run if I went outdoors to photograph them. My parents will be doingTNR when they get old enough and if they can socialize them they will find them homes. Or more likely add to their ever growing furry crew. Lol my parents are the ultimate crazy animal people. :lol:

A house (inside and out) filled with furry love.
D8A691DD-23C7-417D-B22B-3EBDA7D009B7.jpeg 6700EB0B-EB91-4A0D-913C-0384EBF5B513.jpeg 4B63AAE4-0A01-4D42-8CAF-3A2BC024AEA4.jpeg 45B879DC-E386-4501-92A0-E0D1CA456EDF.jpeg D3C7F0D1-6F37-45B1-903F-E1FD1622D050.jpeg 3438434A-C431-4EB7-9722-0AF562CCE487.jpeg 5803A3B4-A16F-4DAB-863B-CDE86EDAB29E.jpeg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Violet. I wish we could take our kitties out and about but they would never tolerate it. You are right about the pet store kitties. Theyare very loved by all the neighborhood and everyone comes in to visit them just like we do lol. I love them so much that if the owner said I could take all 3 I would.:bigsmile: That would make 7 cats in our family then but the owner will never do that because he loves them too. But I cannot help thinking we can give them the most awesome home and living in a pet store well isn't ideal IMO. But then again they are lucky they have shelter and food and love and many cats don't even have half of that.:cry2:

Hope you and your furry crew are doing well and all falling in love with each other for a peaceful and harmonious and fun household. I have been thinking of you and you are so lucky to have all that fur baby love around you.:kiss2:

I agree - living in a family home would be better, but I am glad they don't have to live outside. We have SUCH a feral cat problem here where I live, and I hate it that they all live outside. It breaks my heart. It's a seasonal town, so in the summer people have cats and then I think they leave them for the winter - it's horrible. And the population continues to grow because no one can or is willing to catch them to spay/neuter :cry2:

Thank you for thinking of us - we are doing pretty well! Everyone is being fairly harmonious at this point - we've had some kinks to work out, but it's coming along nicely. In the first few days I was worried that I would have to return my new little lady, because my old lady Rhonda was not pleased, but they are doing very well together now, thankfully. I think when I originally had the idea of bringing home another cavalier, I assumed I would get a perfect angel, that would fit in no problem, because both of my cavalier boys have been very mellow and well adjusted, and loved EVERYONE, furry and human. This dog is a retired breeder, so she's got some issues to work out, but I think that's okay - no one's perfect, right? I often feel like there is a lesson to learn from each animal, in patience, kindness, and love. My Rhonda's illness has taught me more patience and love than anything a human being ever taught me, that's for sure!

Here's a picture of them getting along and snuggling, and one of last night's after dinner chews - some are much faster at devouring them than are others :love:

58570872_10219020519412360_3201119931223506944_o.jpg 58733088_10219001668541100_6084480233220603904_o.jpg

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for thinking of us - we are doing pretty well! Everyone is being fairly harmonious at this point - we've had some kinks to work out, but it's coming along nicely. In the first few days I was worried that I would have to return my new little lady, because my old lady Rhonda was not pleased, but they are doing very well together now, thankfully. I think when I originally had the idea of bringing home another cavalier, I assumed I would get a perfect angel, that would fit in no problem, because both of my cavalier boys have been very mellow and well adjusted, and loved EVERYONE, furry and human. This dog is a retired breeder, so she's got some issues to work out, but I think that's okay - no one's perfect, right? I often feel like there is a lesson to learn from each animal, in patience, kindness, and love. My Rhonda's illness has taught me more patience and love than anything a human being ever taught me, that's for sure!

So glad it is working out and everyone is getting along well now. I agree having an animal(s) is an important part of our family and makes us better people. They teach us and our children unconditional love and they teach us so much more than we could ever give to them. Furbabies will always be a part of our family. A rich and wonderful part I wouldn't trade for the world. I hope Rhonda is doing OK and sending you and your fur babies hugs and good thoughts.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was recently looking for a personalized gift for the hubby and found this on etsy. You pic a portrait, send in a pic of your dog, approve the final version and get a customized portrait. Gerard, the artist, was timely and clear in his communications, promptly shipped, and allowed me to customize the dress color and add a tiara (my dog is a PSer, too). Hubby loved it and I highly recommend if your are looking for a sentimental and fun gift. Pic of the image I sent and final portrait below.
IG: hommesurlaluneart
Etsy shop: HommeSurLaLune
FF9A149A-59BE-4498-B702-E38327915492.jpeg 92C17075-72D1-4106-A151-891E0E40F9F8.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

OMG I would cuddle the F out of those kittens if I could! :love:

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is someone here? For the record, the answer to that question was no:lol-2:. Rhonda started the commotion, but the little lady stood strong on the butcher block when everyone else backed off. They are so funny :P2
57460132_10219061883486436_3760829241625673728_o.jpg 59540041_10219061882966423_6106471389194092544_o.jpg

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We’ve had some wet weather recently, and a pair of ducks came up on our patio! The cats were quite interested!
A61A38B7-5CAB-48B4-9367-07D5A48624D1.jpeg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apparently this is a thread full of cats.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apparently this is a thread full of cats.

It sure is :kiss2:

Screen Shot 2019-05-09 at 6.40.13 AM.png

Francesca's expression this morning is "pay attention to me...I'm your best app" :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results