color
clarity

Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

Pippa is 4 months old tomorrow. She rang in the new year getting a bath last night :big smile:

img_7649-1.jpg

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I lost my baby on New Year's Day. He was doing very well on chemo for lymphoma, then had a grand mal seizure out of the blue on NYE. His neurologic condition continued to deteriorate, and I made the decision to let him go. We went to the emergency clinic at 4:30 am. They made a very nice little plaque with his footprints in it, and I kept some hair. My heart is broken... he was over 19 years old, and I've had him since he was 6 weeks old and small enough to sit in the palm of my hand. I'll miss him terribly. RIP, Barclay. >^..^<

img_6562.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am so sorry elf8503. Your baby was beautiful and I know he knew how loved and cherished he was and how much he loved you too. He had an amazing and long life filled with love, warmth, happiness and joy. I am so sorry for your loss...Sending (((hugs))) and love to you.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you. I know you understand. :)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am so very sorry about the loss of your sweet Barclay ecf8503, what a beautiful boy - I empathize with you, I went through a similar situation and it is so tough…sending thoughts of comfort to you, I so wish there was more I could do or say to ease your grief. Hugs to you.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Ecf, my heart goes out to you! So extremely sorry and I know how you feel. I have a thread on my Pumie, he passed away on the 27th, also lymphoma but he was only 13:((( Believe me I can totally relate and understand how you may be feeling, please do not be afraid to reach out for support! I spent my last week a lot on the pet loss forum in the chat room and also try to help others dealing with their losses in my attent to honor the memory of my sweet Puma. It is shocking how many of us have lost our babies over or before the holidays, it surely puts its mark on them as right now I feel that I dread them. Your baby was absolutely gorgeous, amazing and very sweet, look at those eyes! You have to know that they are with us in spirit and looking down on us, only they had to slush their tired and ill bodies but their soul never dies! I know it does not help us missing them, their every move and act and here at home my other cats are still depressed too. Do you have any other pets to perhaps ease your pain a little bit? Not that is takes it away, it never can but caring for the others helps a little bit.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

Barclay had such a beautiful expressive face--you will love him always. Take care during this sad time.

kind regards--Sharon

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks everyone. He was a very special little man - big personality in a little body! I do have other cats - 6 more, in fact. My kids are broken up, especially my 11 yo daughter (even though she has lost cats in the past) as I think she's now mature enough to "get it". She says "he's been here my whole life" - just tears me up inside. But we're dealing. It isn't easy, but I know it was time, it was the right thing to do, and that made the whole process easier, if there is such a thing. I sincerely appreciate all of your kind words - it's so nice to be able to share with a group of people I know understand the importance of pets in our lives. Thank you.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock

Barkley was a wonderful beautiful kitty!! May he rest in peace. :))

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock

Sincere condolences, ecf8503. We've lost 2 ourselves and it is never easy. That is so special that the clinic gave you mementos to remember Barclay by. Hugs to you and your family...

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock

Sorry ecf8503

He was beautiful, and he'll always be with you in spirit.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ecf8503, I'm so sorry for the loss of Barclay. He certainly was a handsome boy! And so long lived, that is amazing and a testament to the love and care you and your family gave him. I know you are missing him terribly and I hope that the pain gets a little lighter every day. He knew he was loved and cossetted and always in good hands with you and your family, and that is the best gift to give of all.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

He.Is.Amazing!!!!

Is there more vid on youtube of your cats? They are fantastic.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just found them!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

The kitchen towel vid, heehee!!!! I made my DH watch the chicken vid, he will not complain now about the raw freeze dried food I buy the Westies, snork!!!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

azstonie|1423022193|3827013 said:
The kitchen towel vid, heehee!!!! I made my DH watch the chicken vid, he will not complain now about the raw freeze dried food I buy the Westies, snork!!!

I'm glad you found them. I don't consistently name them so they're not easy to find or well organized. I'm chuckling about your husband. I have some rabbits being delivered next week. If he gives you any more grief about raw feeding, let me know and I'll post a vid of a bunny feast. And congratulations for feeding raw to your pooches!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

Hi everyone! I just wanted to share my furbaby Sam with you all. He is a Samoyed x Chow Chow and I love him to death! :wavey:

_26639.jpg

_26640.jpg

_26641.jpg

_26642.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ricezo|1423042559|3827095 said:
Hi everyone! I just wanted to share my furbaby Sam with you all. He is a Samoyed x Chow Chow and I love him to death! :wavey:
Beautiful boy ricezo. I love the contrast of his gorgeous brown eyes and lustrous black coat. :love:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Awwww, he is just gorgeous, Matata is right, that contrast is tres beautiful and striking! How old is he? :wavey:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata|1423029048|3827047 said:
azstonie|1423022193|3827013 said:

I'm glad you found them. I don't consistently name them so they're not easy to find or well organized. I'm chuckling about your husband. I have some rabbits being delivered next week. If he gives you any more grief about raw feeding, let me know and I'll post a vid of a bunny feast. And congratulations for feeding raw to your pooches!

The Westies had rabbit last night! YUM!

I got all your vid by clicking on your name, so I was having a good old time watching your amazing feline tribe!! I've been watching them as long as you've been positing about them, what a fantastic life you give them. I can tell you find it rewarding and satisfying :appl: They certainly enjoy allowing you to live with them!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

azstonie|1423069922|3827258 said:
They certainly enjoy allowing you to live with them!
HA! I often feel I'm on perpetual probation with these fur balls and that if I'm a millisecond late with a meal, they'll put a
'help wanted" add in the paper. :bigsmile: They keep life interesting. Thanks for following them. I didn't know they had a fan.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata|1423080900|3827361 said:
azstonie|1423069922|3827258 said:
They certainly enjoy allowing you to live with them!
HA! I often feel I'm on perpetual probation with these fur balls and that if I'm a millisecond late with a meal, they'll put a
'help wanted" add in the paper. :bigsmile: They keep life interesting. Thanks for following them. I didn't know they had a fan.

Matata, Count me in as a member of their fan club. I love looking at pictures of your beautiful babies!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock

Ricezo, your Sam is gorgeous. I get it -- "Sam" for a Sammy mix, heh heh. :appl: He looks wise, like he sees human foibles & puts up with them out of pity. I would love to bury my face in that soft yummy fur!

Ecf, your boy was just magnificent -- what a stunning face. I hope you're feeling slightly better now, though having lost dearly loved cats and dogs, I know the wound never heals completely. You gave him a wonderful home & I know he is waiting & hanging around with you.

This is Charlie, who is a girl; her real name is Charlotte. She had ACL surgery 6 weeks ago & is still not looking her best, ahem.

I took a Siberian Husky in to surgery & got back a poodle! All she needs is a pink bow on her head. The fur isn't growing back as well as I wish but it doesn't bother Charlie at all. She has not been allowed to do stairs, so is confined to the family room, which drives all of us crazy. The energy she can't get rid of by running around has to come out her mouth instead -- woowooyipwoofyelpbarkhowlhowlhowl all the time!

Charlie has never slept alone in her pampered 11 years and would make so much noise, we wouldn't get any sleep, so I've slept on the couch downstairs with her for the last couple of months. Luckily it's a big down-stuffed one, but still not what you'd exactly choose. She gets a checkup & x-ray in 2 weeks & I'm hoping life will go back to nearly normal. It's a 4-month recovery from this surgery -- she will need PT for a while, sigh. This is all of course murder on the pocketbook too, but Charlie is worth it.

--- Laurie

fifi_jan__15.jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Jewelfreak, bless you for taking care of Charlie like this. I know about the surgery costs, PT/rehab, anxiety for outcomes---my female Westie has had both hips replaced and knee surgery. Our male Westie, one knee surgery. Both had PT/rehab in the pool and water-treadmill. The laser therapy after the surgery really healed the swelling and inflammation. We then put both dogs on Joint Health Powder by Springtime, which is a great US company, recommended by Whole Dog Journal. Finn and Maggie are appreciably improved on this which is why I'm telling you about this. Finn just turned 12, your sweet Charile is 11, their joints are old!!

Best to you both, it's hard on the peeps!!!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

JD texted a couple nights ago while he was on duty that he was bringing a cat home. They don't "technically" do stray pick up but when he's working and it's a cat, they end up at our house until my parents can come get them. Isn't she pretty? She's marked so crazy, like a raccoon mixed w/a bobcat. And sooooft oh my word soft like a bunny. Friendlier than all get out too..when JD came in she was up on his shoulder smashing her face and body all over his face and head. I reached up for her and she about flung herself at me to get attention. She'd been coming around someone's house for a long time and then wouldn't leave and their dog was scared haha. JD didn't want her to get taken to the vet and get put to sleep. Poor thing was skin and bones.

Before he went back to work he said "So I know you. I'm familiar w/your work. There is no "whaaaa?" face, we are not keeping her. We are FULL UP." I was all indignant, oh jeez, I *know* we have enough cats cripes, I'm not dumb. As he was leaving I yelled "thanks for the new cat!" He came back later to play w/her and he's like "um...soooo I'm kind of concerned about your parting words..." :saint:

Mom and dad came to pick her up the next morning and dad is really loving her. He is not a fan of the name I chose--Matilda Jean. He thinks it should be something simple, that goes along w/her markings, like Raccoon. Nope.

But isn't she pretty? She's shimmery.

img_6883.jpg

img_6885.jpg

img_6886.jpg

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Roe on game night. We had friends over and boy was she being an attention hog!

_26651.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Elliot86|1423103153|3827561 said:
I am the world's biggest sucker for bellies. They make me weak in the knees and my lips go into auto pucker. Love love bellies.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata|1423103944|3827565 said:
I am the world's biggest sucker for bellies. They make me weak in the knees and my lips go into auto pucker. Love love bellies.

Oh goodness, me too. Nothing says love like a "fatbelly catbelly" :lol:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results