shape
carat
color
clarity

Random Nice Story

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
So today I was reading in this public building that is sometimes used for weddings. There were two moms there, a father, a bride and groom and some siblings in the 20-30 range. I think the parents were VERY Orthodox Jews, complete with sidelocks and hat, but the kids were more liberal. Anyway, the bunch of them were sitting on a bench throwing around ideas for the party and giggling and teasing each other. And giggling some more. And planning some more. They were so excited about the wedding and obviously really enjoying the planning. This would go over there. That would go over here. What the music would be. Etc. etc. Then they starting talking about dancing and one of the sons said something about his clumsy old parents. So the Papa, with his whale of a belly and old fashioned waistcoat, got up, grabbed his wife, and started walzing her round and around the room like an old pro while she laughed and laughed. The whole gang of them were having SO MUCH FUN.

That''s what wedding planning is supposed to be like, I guess. Everybody having a great time, full of anticipation. And the bride''s parents modeling what it is to be married for 30 years and still have eyes full of joy to be dancing with your spouse.
4.gif

I know I''m cheesy and sentimental, but I just love tableaux like that. They really warm my heart.
16.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s really nice! I love people-watching, and it''s especially fun if you catch others in moments like that.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, that''s cute! It always makes me happy when I see older couples who still seem smitten with each other. I remember watching a couple in the airport once... they were about 75 or so, and each was reading a different magazine, but they were holding hands. I don''t know what was so cute about it. Just that they were still so content to be with each other, I guess. Great story IG!

*M*

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s awesome...it sounds like one of those tear jerker commercials, it''s so perfect! So tender!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Awwhhh...I am all warm and fuzzy. (guess I should have shaved today! he he
2.gif
)
Really like the story Indy! Thanks. I bet you were grinning ear to ear.

I think I would have stood and applauded.

DKS

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
That is such a great story! If everyone had that kind of family, the world would be a much better place.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Awwww, that gave me happy chills just imagining it! It''s like those scenes in chick flicks where everyone is dancing around the bedroom/on the bed bellowing out the lyrics along w/ the radio to some upbeat crazy song - you can''t help but smile and laugh and hope to have that kind of moment someday.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
It's still kinda making me happy to think about it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results