shape
carat
color
clarity

Random mattress q- anyone have a Simmons Felicity II

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
It''s time! It''s time! To get rid of my hump haha...in my mattress! I slept on a Simmons Beautyrest Felicity II at a hotel and have been dreaming of it! It actually comes in a version where the pillow top (not just the cover/pad) is totally removable and replaceable.....It''s only available from Simmons Hospitality and it''s about $1800 for a king...Just wondering if anyone has it since I''m still nervous about getting a new hump :)

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Haha! I had to laugh at the "hump" part!
31.gif
OK, so when we moved into this house we got a CA King Beautyrest set. The same set will have 100 different names so it is not easy to compare apples with apples. Every store has it''s own name for it. The mattress we got was the Lorraine. It is the super pillowtop and it sounds a touch softer than the one you are considering. After two years there is no hump *snicker snicker* in the middle. I love the idea of a removable and replaceable pillowtop as I have a habit of replacing mattresses (and carpet for that matter) every 5-7 years. I would totally buy it for that reason alone. IMO, there''s no better mattress than the Beautyrest. We''re on our second and had a different (Sealy - I think) in between. I hated the Sealy. It was a total waste of money. If you have found a mattress that you love, buy it! You will not regret it!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the confirm on the Simmons! We got a Spring Air last time and it literally developed a hump within a month...had it replaced...and a few years later, it's terrible. My shoulder feels out of joint and I wake up with numb arms every morning....The Felicity (not in stores I'm told but like you say, it's probably in stores under a different name I bet) is quite firm, but soft at the same time...I don't know how.....One person online who had it actually said that it seemed to "breath from the depths of its core, you're safe here" hahaha....But that's totally true! OK, I'm getting it tomorrow...and it's cool b/c we actually got to sleep on it for two night at the hotel...Yeah, I'm WAY into the removable pillow top.....let's just hope it's still made in a few years if/when we replace....I don't think $1800 is that bad for a king...?

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
You will love it! Thanks for the link! I wish I knew about this product 2 yrs ago! You will not regret this purchase. I love our bed so much. It''s so soft yet supportive like you say. It''s a good fit for DH and I both as he is a foot taller and 90 lbs. heavier than me. I really need a soft bed because the firm ones just hurt my bones. He sinks into a soft mattress, though. We tested every bed I could find including the Sleep Number beds. This one was the best compromise for us. I had a thick mattress pad on top of a fiber bed on top of the pillow top for a while, but, DH had to lay down the law and make me take off the fiber bed. It was keeping him up all night because he felt like he was in a hole. I would wake up to him punching the bed in an effort to fluff up his side! It was so funny! I think the best thing about the Beautyrest line is that we cannot feel each other move in the night. That''s a good thing for him because I''m notorious for having an allergy attack at 4 AM and tossing and turning for 2 hours!

I think $1800 is a good price. I think mine was $1600 or so before tax and delivery.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I bought it! I bought it! It was $1640 without the removable top and $1800 with so I went with. I''m excited! Thanks for your help! :) zzzzzz

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Yay! Congrats on a better night''s sleep!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results