shape
carat
color
clarity

ramblings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Croí

Shiny_Rock
hi ladies !

well, not really, there is stuff I could be doing but I''m lacking the motivation right now and I''m trying to get to lunch-time !!

I finally got to read that thread from Furthermore and because I came upon it so late in the game, I did not bother responding but it did set me to thinking.

I have decided that I REALLY want all of you ladies (& our few gents!) to know that I am very grateful for this forum and for you all in particular. As for all of you who set him straight ....

I can only speak for myself but the LIW thread and members have been a massive, positive part of my life for the past ten months.
9.gif
I came looking for information and found friends.
9.gif

I have met some of you in person but most I have not met - so what ?? Some of my best friendships were founded over the ''net and have evolved and grown from there. Interaction on the internet is not much different to interaction in ''real'' life. Which brings me to this - I consider my sitting here, breathing while typing, to be my ''real'' life. Am I supposed to have multiple lives ??? Isn''t everything I do ''real'' ???

People come into our lives and some leave our lives. There is a cycle to it all. Online I have been involved in many forums. Some I used to write to multiple times in a day and now am no longer active on them at all - they served their purpose at a given point in my life and I am grateful for them for that. It''s no different than in ''real life'' where you join groups - you get a job, make friends, leave the job, keep some friends, lose other friends.

I agree HEARTILY with whomever spoke of how we all work jobs and are deeply involved in all manner of issues, personal, family, work, hobbies etc. and like to have a place to be frivilous and trivial. The best part about our group here on LIW is that we can be totally silly and frivilous AND also get opinions and support for serious issues and questions. We have the best of both worlds on here !

For me, I didn''t have a lot of people living nearby to share my excitement over my engagement and those friends who''ve already ''been there, done that'' - their enthusiasm was short-lived. Getting engaged after most of my age-group are already well into married life and children, left me somewhat out of the loop. But I was excited and elated and it was all I could think about and talk about and I did want to share it and here I found the BEST place and BEST people to share every moment with !

36.gif
YOU ALL ARE TERRIFIC ! so there !!!!!
36.gif

On another note, my wonderful hubby just paid for a flight for me to go home again - just for the weekend !!! For three days. I didn''t even think I could manage it because we were only there in May but my seven-month-pregnant sister/bridesmaid did have her baby - a beautiful girl, my first niece ! - and they have asked me to be godmother so I''m going home for the Christening. I CAN''T WAIT !!

That''s it for now - time for lunch !

18.gif

C

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Sending big (((HUGS))) to Boston b/c I say "ditto" to everything you said, Croi!!!

I am still very much on the LIW list, but this forum and group of girls (and positive exhuberance in posts like yours!!) have been an absolute godsend for me, and a very important part of my life through a DIFFICULT stretch of my life.

And congrats on your very first niece!! Was she born early? Couldn''t tell if she delivered at 7 mos. or if you meant she was 7 mos back during your wedding? Congratulations Auntie/Godmother Caroline
9.gif
9.gif

Croí

Shiny_Rock

hey blue - I couldn''t find roses, this was the best I could do !

thanks for the hugs, always welcome !

coincidentally, my niece''s name, Róisín (pronounced ''row'' (like row your boat) ''sheen'') is the Irish for ''little rose'' so there you go ! she wasn''t early, my sis was seven-months when she was my MoH. in fact, Róisín was late - she was eleven days late and born by c-section on July 7th. she''ll be just two months old when I finally get to see her - I just cannot WAIT !

in addition to their new baby, they moved into their new house (which wasn''t finished when we were home in May) and another sister has also moved house so there will be plenty ''new'' to see when I get home. three days will be gone in the blink of an eye but I''ll take pics !

can''t wait !

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Sending hugs and kisses to your new born niece! Babies are such a wonderful blessing! I still remember the day Alyssa came into our lives like it was yesterday. There are so many emotions involved during childbirth. Tell your sister to enjoy those early years while she can because they sure grow up fast!

Be sure to post many pics when you get back from your trip!

BTW, how is your sunburn feeling? I hope it''s getting a lot better!
35.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Wanted to add this in. This is what I posted in "Wibble", and it seems to fit with the "ramblings" theme. Croi-darling, congratulations on your first niece!!! Safe trip to and from Ireland, enjoy your family to the fullest extent, and good luck with the jetlag -
14.gif

"Furthermore - your perspective on the importance and true meaning behind marriage is great. Thanks for sharing it. However, if you would get to know the ladies on this forum, the Ladies in Waiting, as they call themselves, you would know that they are here because they are in loving relationships with men who do not seem to understand that importance just yet.
Before I became an Old Married Lady, my boyfriend and I had been dating for 7 years. We''ve been through distance (4 years in college), we survived high school together, graduating college, me beginning graduate school, his unemployment, and we both knew that the other was "The One". I wanted to move our relationship forward - no wedding required, no ring required, just take me to the courthouse! He wanted to "do it right" by society''s standards, meaning a big diamond engagement ring, the big pomp and circumstance wedding, the whole shebang. At the same time, all around me it seemed, there were couples younger than us who had dated a shorter time than us getting married left and right, no frustration, no endless waiting for the bf to get it together, just love and excitement and anticipation to begin life together in marriage. What in the world is wrong with my bf? Why won''t he just marry me, eloping is supposed to be the guy''s dream, not the gal''s! What is wrong with me? I know this is the same for quite a few of the other LIWs. Others are excited about their engagement ring process (we are on a diamond forum) and share that excitement with us. We have had members drop out because their relationship ended, and we have supported these men and women too.
Finding this forum was a God-send to me. I realized that I wasn''t the only one in that situation, waiting for Mr. Right to get his heiney in gear. I was able to vent my frustrations to women in the same situation and get advice on how to deal with and talk about particularly sticky relationship issues with my bf. These women are my friends. We are a support group for each other. There are men in the same situation who post on this board - their girlfriends are not yet ready for marriage and they need support too. It is an incredibly frustrating and emotionally trying experience when the man or woman you love and want to marry doesn''t seem to want to marry you just yet, or is waiting for some unknown aligning of the planets to make it happen. Many of us are the only ones in our circle of friends who are in this situation, which is why we have turned to the internet for information on how to deal. Fortunatly, you and the Mrs apparently didn''t have this problem - Congratulations. But please respect the reality that this is a sensitive, frustrating, emotional, and very real problem for those who frequent this board. Not everyone is lucky enough to fall in love with someone with the same perspective as you."

Croí

Shiny_Rock

so well said JCJD (MRS!)

I think a lot of us found ourselves in a situation that those in our immediate circle could not relate to (for whatever reason, already happily married, not anxious to marry - whatever). I know that was true for me. Also, all of my family and most of my closest friends are on another continent and in another time-zone so it wasn''t like they were readily available to hear every agonizing (but good agony in the end !) suspenseful update. I can only speak for myself but I know I came here thinking " I''m the only one feeling like this - what is wrong with me?!" and it was such a great feeling to know I wasn''t the only one and to find people who really REALLY ''got it'' because they were in the same boat.

*tacklehugs* to all the LIW - those still waiting AND all our graduates !
36.gif

diamondfairy .......
I''m peeling like an onion but feel MUCH better !
16.gif
I actually have a bit of a tan now too, amazing !! hehee.
I got some photos of my niece in the post yesterday from my sister. She is SUCH a girl ! It''s so funny, even at six weeks you''d never mistake her for a boy ! I can''t wait to see her.

work to do
14.gif
but will try to get on again later !
C

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results