shape
carat
color
clarity

Radiant cut question..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

badcat-5

Rough_Rock
Hi all, my boyfriend is in the process of buying a diamond for my engagement ring. The diamond we are considering has the following stats:

Radiant
I Color
VS1
5.94x5.77x3.92
Depth=67.9
Table=71
Polish=Good
Sym=Good
Price=$2500

It has a GIA report that comes with it. Does this seem like a decent compromise to get quality and beauty? It seems like all the stats I see on the net are conflicting. We compared a princess cut of similar quality and the radiant sparkled so much more. Why is this? Also, the wholesaler told him that the stone looked more like G or H in color, and that it looked fine in a plat. setting. Is this possible with an I color rating? Sorry to be so uninformed, but I dont get it...Any thoughts or comments are welcome.:rolleyes:

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Price sounds great, better than I found in the internet. When it sounds too good, you might want to check it with independent appraiser.

Usually princess diamonds are better cut than radiant but this one is squarish and can be an exception.

I color vs G,H... does it have fluorescence? Blue fluorescence makes lower colors look whiter. Also some people say that if a stone is a good cut it also looks whiter face up.

Bottom line is, if it is as represented and you like it - go for it :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results