shape
carat
color
clarity

Radiant cut - crown height %

nme904

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I've been looking into purchasing a radiant shape diamond, and I've been trying to do as much research as possible. I was looking at diamonds at one online retailer's site that provides GIA reports for their diamonds. I was going to run the numbers through David Atlas's cut calculator, but it seems that the crown height % is not on the GIA report for radiant cut diamonds. Does anyone know why GIA doesn't put this on the report for radiant shape diamonds and how to get this information about a radiant shape diamond? Thanks

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope, you cannot get it from the report. The only way is to have the stone scanned/measured. Numbers are not useful for fancy cut, as these are rounded, images, preferably ASET image is much more useful.

nme904

Rough_Rock
Ok, thanks for the info. When you say that the numbers aren't useful for fancy cut diamonds, does this mean that even if I had the crown height number, the David Atlas cut calculator would not be useful? I'm asking for clarification because his calculator allows people to check the cut quality for radiant shape diamonds. Thanks again.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results