shape
carat
color
clarity

Racists at March for Life Rally Harass Native Americans

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with you entirely. We have separation of church and state. So you have a strong belief against abortion, due to your church, or your interpretation of the Bible. Then follow your beliefs. don't have an abortion. You have strong beliefs about contraception or the pill. Then you follow those beliefs inyour own practices for your reproductive health.

I still remember, and it stirs my soul, working at the VA, talking with an African American man, who happened to be a pastor. Somehow the abortion versus pro-life topic came up and I internally girded myself to what he would say. And he said, I was always pro-life. That's how I was raised. That's what the church said. But when I was with my wife, in the delivery room, seeing what she went through, it opened my eyes. I realized that it is not my decision to make, and that men shouldn't be making these decisions. I could have been bowled over with a feather.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"For the social justice left, including many mainstream media figures, holding conservative views on abortion or marriage automatically makes you a bigot."

This is absolutely not true.
One can oppose abortion - for THEMSELVES. Totally fine. I know many people who would never think of having one. But they don't impose that on others.
One can believe that marriage is only for a man and a woman. But to impose that on others - like, I dunno, via an employment contract especially while it's now law - is awful.
Not surprising this article (all about how white males are so unfairly labelled) is a white male.
I wish I could like this 100000000 times.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll share something that a friend posted on Facebook

1. Would you feel comfortable if the government ruled that you could be forced to donate a kidney at any time? Regardless of your health, the timing or the cost of the operation? 13 people die every day waiting for a kidney transplant, and most of us have two so why shouldn't we be forced to give one away? By not donating, someone may die.

2. Would you feel comfortable if the government ruled that you could be forced to give over any of your organs, at any time, and resulting in your death or dismemberment because another person was deemed more in need of them? Perhaps the other person is younger, cuter, or seems like they might just have some kind of potential.

3. Would you feel comfortable if people had fought for legal protection against forced body harvesting and yet every single day you still had to continue to fight to uphold your right to live? And what if the people demanding your organs were exempt from having theirs forcibly removed?

4. How is any of this different from denying women their right to abortion?
(But but but "women can choose not to have sex!" Yep, forced birth isn't about the imagined sacredness of cells, it's punishment for women having sex.)

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amen sister. In the late 60s I was a catholic high school girl.. I had to go to the library and I went down the stairway and I stopped to pull my petty pants up a bit, as soon as I did the 2nd floor door opens with Mr Cool coming thru the door and from the moment on my reputation was ruined and I was branded a whore for the next 3 years. TRUTH. Blackface, no matter WHAT the reason is unacceptable.

Hey HC seemed like nothing changed from the 60s to the 80s.. not much reason to think it's changed today.

When i was in catholic school in the 80’s, the boys loved to flip up the skirts to our uniforms. Obviously, this was humiliating to us girls. The boy’s behavior became epidemic. The school handled it by instructing the girls to wear shorts under their skirts.

Not one boy was ever punished for his behavior.

My boyfriend who went to the catholic high school was jumped by some boys and was severely injured. He and his friends did a drive by on the houses of the boys who assaulted him. They had the money for the guns and the privilege to never get caught.

My 8th grade year, the boys would do drugs and come to school high as can be. They would steal their mom’s car and drive to all of their friend’s houses while other parents were home. No one ever called their parents to report their behavior..because well..boys will be boys.

They were “good catholic boys.” They loved God by going to mass every day and by having nuns for teachers. It didn’t matter if they did wrong outside of school/church because their souls would be set right once they washed themselves with holy water and genuflected in front of dead Jesus in the morning.

This is how catholic school boy entitlement is grown.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results