shape
carat
color
clarity

Rachael Ray ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

3hearts

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone have a picture of Rachael Ray''s ring?

I thought it was a tiffany style, but my sister said she saw her show today and thought it was a bezel of some sort and I can''t find a pic anywhere.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~It''s not a bezel set; it is a Tiffany & Co. solitaire (I know it''s in the Updated Celeb E-rings thread, so I''ll try to find a page number)...

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Here is a decent pic of her ring...

Rachael Raydecent18.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh you''re so good bling, I knew it was a solitaire, from Tiff''s. You are doing such a great job with that thread. Kudos to you!!
36.gif
1.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~One more...

Rachaellast33.JPG

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2006 1:25:44 AM
Author: Kaleigh
Oh you''re so good bling, I knew it was a solitaire, from Tiff''s. You are doing such a great job with that thread. Kudos to you!!
36.gif
1.gif

~~Thanks Kaleigh!!!
36.gif

3hearts

Shiny_Rock
thank you Bling.
1.gif
your so awesome for finding it. I looked in the ''updated celebrity'' thread and could not find it.

I don''t know what my sister was seeing on Rachael Ray''s show today. But my sister called me while I was at Costco and said google Rachael''s ring when you get home, it looks like she ''bezel'' it
20.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I love watching her show just to get a glimpse of her ring!!
30.gif

orangevixen

Shiny_Rock
i met her about 1.5 years ago and it is definitely a tiffany solitaire, i''m guessing around 2 carats. i felt very rude because i was staring at her ring the whole time trying to check it out rather than talking to her or paying attention to what she was saying.
9.gif

she''s gorgeous in person, even more so than you''d think. she''s tiny. the camera really adds more than 10 lbs. she''s vivacious and has an amazing charisma.....and a fabulous ring!

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
I love how Rachel uses her hands to toss creamy salads, handle chicken & make hamburger patties with her ring on!

That''s pretty cool how she wears it like a natural extension of herself & doesn''t put it on a side pillow while she cooks. But wouldn''t it be funny if she did? I think many of us would get a kick out of that.
19.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It bothers me that she is such a bad tipper on her $40 a day show.

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
LOL, Tacori. I KNOW. My roommate and I used to watch that show and could not believe how badly she tipped people.
14.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/28/2006 11:10:53 AM
Author: Julian
I love how Rachel uses her hands to toss creamy salads, handle chicken & make hamburger patties with her ring on!

That''s pretty cool how she wears it like a natural extension of herself & doesn''t put it on a side pillow while she cooks. But wouldn''t it be funny if she did? I think many of us would get a kick out of that.
19.gif
That makes me want to scream, "YOU''RE GETTING IT DIRTY!!!!" I have gotten into the habit of watching what everyone wears while they are cooking... Some of them talk about removing rings when like mixing meatloaf. Sara Molton has a big ol'' rock she wears all the time too. Giada wears a few bands I believe.

On the last Food Network Star they told one of the girls she needed to cut back on her jewelry (rings and bracelets) because it gave an unclean/unsanitary look to her cooking.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2006 12:22:39 PM
Author: Morticia
LOL, Tacori. I KNOW. My roommate and I used to watch that show and could not believe how badly she tipped people.
14.gif

It makes me angry. I fear other people will think that''s oka and follow her lead!
29.gif
So now I just cannot like her.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2006 12:30:50 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Date: 9/28/2006 12:22:39 PM

Author: Morticia

14.gif

It makes me angry. I fear other people will think that''s oka and follow her lead!
29.gif
So now I just cannot like her.

well, surely most people have enough sense to not take tipping advice from a "how to get a great cheap meal" show. it''s entertainment, I''ve seen it a few times, but I don''t watch and think, wow, she tips low so I can too. Sure she can be a cheap tipper at times on the show but the budget is the point. I still like her, love her ring, and love her recipe books, with a big family you just can''t beat 30 minute meals..

I think Paula Dean wears her big ol'' ring while cooking and digging into dough''s or whatever too.

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
I hate that she''s a bad tipper too!

I watched her mix meatloaf with her rings on once. She said on ET that she doesn''t take them off anymore because she has accidentally thrown it in the trash 2 or 3 times on the show and her staff has had to dig it out for her later.

I can''t stand when she gets olive oil or lemon juice or salt all over her hands and doesn''t even wipe them off...just keeps on going with yucky fingers! Poor rings!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, people on a budget should not go to a sit down restaurant
2.gif
From experience (both my DH and I have worked for tips in the past) people''s cheapness is shocking. I just don''t like anything that promotes it since servers don''t get a pay check. They deserve (most of the time) at least 20%.

girlrocks, maybe she should wear them on a chain (like that one carpenter from "Trading Spaces") Maybe she has an Ultrasonic in her dressing room
31.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2006 1:48:45 PM
2.gif
From experience (both my DH and I have worked for tips in the past) people''s cheapness is shocking. I just don''t like anything that promotes it since servers don''t get a pay check. They deserve (most of the time) at least 20%.

tacori, I agree with you that servers should get tipped what they deserve and hubby and I usually tip 20% but that is not a requirement. it''s still 15% last I''d checked and I know most people don''t even tip that which is why I only was a waitress for 3 weeks, i''d work my tail end of for 5 bucks and wasn''t into that. I think it''s interesting that the poor tips is what stands out to you about the show. i guess i''m just not sensitive to it since I didn''t rely on tips for income for very long. I always enjoy the off the beaten path local restaurents she finds and hope to try them when i visit a city she''s in.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I guess I am not the only one who noticed it. I agree that the show does show you hidden places you might not find on your own. I never said it was a bad show/concept. I just can''t help seperate her from that. Just my 2 cents, means nothing of course. Where I live 20% IS the norm.

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
2.gif

girlrocks, maybe she should wear them on a chain (like that one carpenter from ''Trading Spaces'') Maybe she has an Ultrasonic in her dressing room
31.gif
Just thought I''d chime in on the Rachael Ray ring thing and her alleged cheap tipping...First of all, the $40 a Day show is an example of how one can still tip somewhat and stay on a tight budget. I am in agreement that if one is seriously on a tight budget, avoid a sitdown restaurant if at all possible. I waited on many a table and not always did I get the best of tips that I knew I was worth, but then there were also those who gave me ridiculasly amazingly generous tips so it all equals out.

Racheal, herself, is NOT cheap. What she demos for the $40 a Day show is for the show...not what she does when dining out personally. In an interview on another show I remember her addressing this topic.

On keeping her rings on while doing messy cooking...I know she commented in either a Good Housekeeping or Ladies Home Journal or some other magazine that she purposely went simple with her ring choice so as to not have to worry about a complex designed ring with pave or other work to have trouble cleaning it. I cringe when she cooks with all the food getting on her beautiful honking rock
23.gif

Myself, I have 2 wedding bands and a e-ring that I remove when I do anything more messy than slicing and chopping vegetables. If my hands are going to get sticky or messy, I do not want my diamonds subjected to that. That''s just me though. I know alot of folks who do not bother to clean their rings more than a couple times a year. The very thought of that turns my stomach!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2006 2:07:20 PM
Well I guess I am not the only one who noticed it. I agree that the show does show you hidden places you might not find on your own. I never said it was a bad show/concept. I just can''t help seperate her from that. Just my 2 cents, means nothing of course. Where I live 20% IS the norm.

tacori, I don''t think you''re the only one, several other people said it in this thread.

20% might be the norm but if you go to any tipping website 15% is still what is suggested
1.gif

http://www.alltraveltips.com/tipping.shtml

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
I am a good tipper. If all goes well, I tip at least the 15%. If the server goes beyond the requested even a little, I reward that. Where I live here in So. CA, 15% is what is expected. Unless the restaurant has it worked into their bill, if I am dining with a large party, I tip 20%. If the restaurant does not, I am still more generous than most personal and business friends I know and dine with.

When the food is superb and the server sucks, depending on how bad the server sucks, I will address the lack of customer service with the restuarant manager. I make sure to let them know after at least 3 attempts to work it out with the server, how I was treated despite the excellent food.

Same applies to the reverse. If the server is exceptional and the food sucks, I reward the server and address my specific issues with their food. The server, in such a case, cannot be blamed for the problems with the food.

In Ireland(I just acquired a sister-in-law from Dublin), it is an insult to tip. Their gratuity is worked into their pay. You also have to order everything ala carte there, despite whether it is a classy restaurant or a common pub.

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
2.gif

girlrocks, maybe she should wear them on a chain (like that one carpenter from ''Trading Spaces'') Maybe she has an Ultrasonic in her dressing room
31.gif

It''s a concept show. Entertainment. It''s like when you watching the wedding on a budget show and they end up getting all these great vendors for like $600.00 a piece. I really doubt that in real life she tips so low, and i''m sure the restaurants don''t mind the low tip considering they get free advertising out of the show. Yes, I know the actual person that waits on them would probably have money rather than the exposure but you get it.

Eh, so she doesn''t take the best care of her rings. It looks like she chose a fairly simple set that can probably stand up to the "abuse". There are actually lots of people out there that NEVER take their rings off!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Deanna, it''s the same in Australia- I ALSO just aquired and SIL from another country.
1.gif
I was told that if your service is bad, you tip them- like polite sarcasm.
28.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Look at it this way, for the low tip she gives the number of customers that will go to that restaurant after her show airs will more than make up for it!

Plus, the whole concept is $40.00 a day... I''m sure she COULD tip more but then it would go over her $40.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2006 2:16:06 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Date: 9/28/2006 2:07:20 PM

tacori, I don''t think you''re the only one, several other people said it in this thread.

20% might be the norm but if you go to any tipping website 15% is still what is suggested
1.gif

http://www.alltraveltips.com/tipping.shtml

Yes, I know other people have commented on the tipping issue. That is what I said. I also found several sites that say 20% is norm for good service. Maybe at the four seasons it is different. I don''t know. I have never worked there or been there. I guess whenever money is involved it becomes a heated debate.
1.gif
Everyone should tip what they feel is right but I don''t think it is WRONG of me to notice that she is a horrible tipper on her show. To me that is a fact. I do not know her personally so I cannot judge what she is like in real life. She could tip 100% for all I know. I am only commenting to her on her $40 a day show. That is all. I guess I shouldn''t have mentioned it
14.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2006 3:01:51 PM

Yes, I know other people have commented on the tipping issue. That is what I said. I also found several sites that say 20% is norm for good service. Maybe at the four seasons it is different. I don't know. I have never worked there or been there. I guess whenever money is involved it becomes a heated debate.
1.gif
Everyone should tip what they feel is right but I don't think it is WRONG of me to notice that she is a horrible tipper on her show. To me that is a fact. I do not know her personally so I cannot judge what she is like in real life. She could tip 100% for all I know. I am only commenting to her on her $40 a day show. That is all. I guess I shouldn't have mentioned it
14.gif

Tacori, of course you should mention and share your opinion and it's also not wrong for you to think RR is a horrible tipper on the show, she is based on the 20% standard you're applying. please link me to one of the sites that says 20% is the norm or standard because all the ones i googled said 15% up to 20%, four star restaurants should tip 20%. Like I said before, we usually tip 20%, I like to reward good service, recognize that tips are income for some, plus the math is just easier than 15%
2.gif
but i don't think someone is being cheap or a poor tipper if they only tip 15% which is what I view as required.

ETA: I'm seriously interested in knowing if the tipping requirement has been moved up to 20% b/c there are times when hubby only tips 15% and I'd hate for the server to feel cheated.

Rhapsody

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/28/2006 3:59:04 PM
Author: mrssalvo

Tacori, of course you should mention and share your opinion and it''s also not wrong for you to think RR is a horrible tipper on the show, she is based on the 20% standard you''re applying. please link me to one of the sites that says 20% is the norm or standard because all the ones i googled said 15% up to 20%, four star restaurants should tip 20%. Like I said before, we usually tip 20%, I like to reward good service, recognize that tips are income for some, plus the math is just easier than 15%
2.gif
but i don''t think someone is being cheap or a poor tipper if they only tip 15% which is what I view as required.

ETA: I''m seriously interested in knowing if the tipping requirement has been moved up to 20% b/c there are times when hubby only tips 15% and I''d hate for the server to feel cheated.

I think the tipping average depends on the type of restaurant. Like you said, people tend to tip more at nicer places. I worked graves at a village inn for a while when my school schedule wouldnt allow me to work days and my tips averaged 10-15%. I got a job at a pretty expensive cafe and my tips averaged 20-25%. And I had to work a whole lot harder at VI for probably 1/3 the money. I dont know what a national average is but I know when I was making 15% I could hardly pay my bills, so I always tip at least 20%.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
What would we do without our beloved Bling Diva? You are simply the best!

Jeannine

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I always tip about 20%, unless the service was horrendous. And by horrendous, I don''t mean a problem with the kitchen and food coming out late (not the server''s fault)...I mean not checking to see if I need more water or need something every once in a blue moon. But I tip at least 20% otherwise...because while the cost of living has continued to go up...minimum wage has not. And many waiters are paid less than minimum wage because the tips are considered part of their salary.

1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results