shape
carat
color
clarity

Quick update from me (in case you were noticing)

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
Just a quick update for anyone that has noticed I’ve been somewhat MIA.

A few weeks ago, I unexpectedly got laid off after 3+ years. The day after, I applied to four jobs and got a call from three. I interviewed for one the next day and was offered the job. It took a week to verify my references and complete a background check and I was able to start last Wednesday. It’s a bit of a pay cut and instead of working from home I travel almost 30 minutes to the office, but so far I really like it.

While I am very grateful to be employed so quickly, I ended up taking several financial hits since losing my job. One was my elderly dog (12 year old) coming down with a severe case of pancreatitis, my husband having an accident on his 4-wheeler and submerging it in water (needs a new engine), and then yesterday my fridge/freezer died. So all told, that has cost us about 4 months worth of my new salary in just a span of two weeks. :boohoo::eek2::???:

So between the stress of the job loss and starting a new one, and all the unexpected expenses, I’ve been hiding from all the pretty shiny things to avoid temptation.

If you made it this far, thanks for reading! I’ll be lurking when I can and hopefully the big unexpected hits will stop and I can get a little closer to some smooth sailing soon.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending some dust your way, and I hope the dust will settle soon, and you would be able to celebrate the passing of a dark cloud by means of a nice piece of bling!

DK =)2

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
Sending some dust your way, and I hope the dust will settle soon, and you would be able to celebrate the passing of a dark cloud by means of a nice piece of bling!

DK =)2

Thanks so much! Me too. I’m hoping Grace can sell my rings in NY next week. *fingers crossed* That would help tremendously!

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear about your troubles @RetroQT, sending hugs from afar.
Congratulations on your new job!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending you so many good wishes and big hugs. Good for you for landing on your feet and I hope your sweet dog recovers :pray: and your husband is doing well. I always tell myself in these situations (and if you live long enough we all experience challenges and hardships) thank goodness everyone is OK. Money is just money and not what truly matters in life. As long as you can afford a roof over your head, food on your table and medical care you are doing A OK. Wishing you all the best and so happy you love your new job and in time I bet you are in a much better position with this job you love than the previous job. Big hugs.

And good luck with selling your rings! Will you be at the jewelry show in NYC?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes things come at you too fast and furious. Individually, you can manage to deal with each but when it all happens
at once you feel like you're going to lose it! (I'm talking about my experiences.)

One day at a time. You will get through the things that can be fixed like the fridge and 4-wheeler. The puppy will be a process. I
hoping she has a few good years left and it's just a matter of managing her pancreatitis. I am glad you are liking your new job.
That, in time, will hopefully become less stressful.

Take it easy on yourself @RetroQT

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Conratulations on the new job @RetroQT! I saw your post in the other thread and I'm really glad you found something so quickly and you like it. I'm sorry life has been so stressful for you lately. I hope your husband is doing ok and your dog is recovering. Take care <3

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Im sorry to hear your having a rough time.
Prayers are outgoing.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wishing peace and smooth sailing for you, @RetroQT. <3 Hoping your new job proves to be wonderful!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Sending good vibes your way and let’s hope that Grace sells your gorgeous rings in New York!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
You're doing everything you can.
There are some bumps, sure, but you've landed on your feet- and that's something.
Sending all the magic dusty good vibes.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Just a quick update for anyone that has noticed I’ve been somewhat MIA.

A few weeks ago, I unexpectedly got laid off after 3+ years. The day after, I applied to four jobs and got a call from three. I interviewed for one the next day and was offered the job. It took a week to verify my references and complete a background check and I was able to start last Wednesday. It’s a bit of a pay cut and instead of working from home I travel almost 30 minutes to the office, but so far I really like it.

While I am very grateful to be employed so quickly, I ended up taking several financial hits since losing my job. One was my elderly dog (12 year old) coming down with a severe case of pancreatitis, my husband having an accident on his 4-wheeler and submerging it in water (needs a new engine), and then yesterday my fridge/freezer died. So all told, that has cost us about 4 months worth of my new salary in just a span of two weeks. :boohoo::eek2::???:

So between the stress of the job loss and starting a new one, and all the unexpected expenses, I’ve been hiding from all the pretty shiny things to avoid temptation.

If you made it this far, thanks for reading! I’ll be lurking when I can and hopefully the big unexpected hits will stop and I can get a little closer to some smooth sailing soon.

Wishing you smooth waters and clean sailing ahead. I also admire your strength and tenacity - way to go getting a job so quickly! And the discipline to stay away from the shiny pretty things is admirable. You’ve clearly got what it takes to overcome obstacles- look how much you’ve done already in really challenging circumstances. Good for you. And hugs, because sometimes life is hard.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope it all works out in the end!
Good luck to you and I hope your bling sells fast.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When it rains it pours!

Congratulations on your new job!! Loving what you do is a huge upside to the pay cut and longer commute.

I hope your pup is okay. We’ve got one (cat) with chronic pancreatitis that likes to flare up into #more every so often. We’ve been able to mostly manage it though, I hope you’re able to find a regimen that works for your boy ❤️

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
So sorry to hear about your troubles, piled high. You’ve handled them very well, but I know it comes at a cost. Just be kind and nurturing to yourself and your loved ones now. PS will be here when the time is right. I do understand, having had to take breaks from it due to changing economic circumstances.

Thank you for sharing the reasons for your absence. We’ll miss your counsel while you’re away, and excitedly welcome you back!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, how stressful for you.
Breathe, you will be fine.
Congrats on your new job, healing vibes for your pupper, tsk tsk DH and ugh, needing a new fridge freezer.
Dust for fast sales on your jewellery pieces and just take it a day at a time, in a few months this will all be well behind you.

Good luck with your new position! I've been working at the same job since I was teenager... moving up the ranks over the years and after college, etc. Now I manage the office and profit share with my boss. But he's 73 y/o and I know he'll be considering retirement soon. At that time, I'll want a change in careers (quite bored with this one, though it's secure and pays well with great benefits). My point is, I'm already nervous about it! So I can imagine the anxiety that has come along with this sudden shift in your employment. But we all know you're a bright woman and will do well whatever path you choose. As for the issues you've endured the last few weeks... I'm so sorry! It looks like you're coming through it to the other side now. Must be a relief!!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
That's a lot to deal with in a short time! Hearing that you really like your new job is great to hear, that's priceless really (I hate my job). Hoping things settle for you now and you can finish regrouping. Your resilience is inspiring :)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - so much at one time! Congrats on the job and hopefully the rest unravels quickly for you. Step by step, day by day - it is all we can do! All the best to you!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think we’ve all been there, and it’s so frustrating. As long as we have our health (lives, really), we can usually roll with the punches. Everything will be ok.

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
What doesn’t kill us, makes us stronger? Im sorry for all that’s been thrown at you lately. Deep breath and one step at a time… You’ve got this! Good luck with your new job, I hope you come to love it.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry you’re going through all these financial hardships at once. As if losing your job wasn’t bad enough…sheesh. I’m glad you found a new job so quickly and hopefully things will turn around soon. Sending pixie dust for a quick sale on your rings.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear about the stress overload-I'm sending positive vibes your way! Fingers crossed that your rings are sold at JAWS

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@RetroQT, I’m sorry to hear this is what you have been dealing with and dealing with it all at the same time is hard. I’m so glad you were able to find a job you enjoy quickly. I hope your sweet furbaby is beginning to feel better. I’m glad your husband is doing well. From what you have shared your husband sounds like a great guy. At times like this, it sure makes life feel a little easier.

We went thru the sick furbaby situation a few weeks ago and that alone was really stressful. I’m hoping you get some good news about about your little baby soon.

I’m sure you already know this, but if you need support, there are lots of people here who think you are pretty great and will try to help.

geo69

Rough_Rock
Hello,
I'm quite new here but I found you based on a photo of a ring my wife showed me. I'm so sorry to hear about the troubles you've faced and I hope you're doing well now.

I also know that this may be too forward to ask but I may as well give it a shot, it's been quite a few months since someone bumped the thread. Would you happen to have the design docs for the ring you had created? The Liliana is beautiful and my wife absolutely adores it. I would love to be able to give her one if possible.

Anyway thank you and I hope you're having a a better time of it now

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello,
I'm quite new here but I found you based on a photo of a ring my wife showed me. I'm so sorry to hear about the troubles you've faced and I hope you're doing well now.

I also know that this may be too forward to ask but I may as well give it a shot, it's been quite a few months since someone bumped the thread. Would you happen to have the design docs for the ring you had created? The Liliana is beautiful and my wife absolutely adores it. I would love to be able to give her one if possible.

Anyway thank you and I hope you're having a a better time of it now

Can you provide the link to the thread that has the Liliana you are talking about? We may be able to help you if retroqt doesnt pop
on. Not sure when she has been on last. She may have a new avatar name.

Are you talking about the CVB Liliana?

geo69

Rough_Rock
Can you provide the link to the thread that has the Liliana you are talking about? We may be able to help you if retroqt doesnt pop
on. Not sure when she has been on last. She may have a new avatar name.

Are you talking about the CVB Liliana?

Thank you for responding!

It was this ring from her CAD design: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-the-creation-of-lilliana-1-55ct-pear.243878/

I know that it's bespoke so I wouldn't want to steal it but I figured if I got the CAD files I could alter it for my wife.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results