shape
carat
color
clarity

Quick update from a not so frequent poster

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Most of you don''t know me that well as I haven''t posted in a few months. I do however read the new posts almost daily.

Anyway, I have some good news. I backed off of continuously brining up marrige to my boyfriend about November last year. I guess I came to the conclusion that after brining it up over and over again for the past year or so I wasn''t getting anywhere. I really think that he just needed some time to realize how important it was to me and also to him.

Fast forward a few months. He has been more open latley about discussing our future together, marrige, children, career and even rings. To make a long story short, after we got our taxes done two weeks ago and realized that we owe the goverment so much money and that if we owned some property we would probably be even getting a refund. We live in NYC and rent is high as well as purchasing so its a big step.

We decided to go look at apartments through openhouses last Sunday. We fell in love with an apartment and made an offer yesterday. I can''t believe this is happening, its so exciting. So we just heard back from the broker and we''ll know by tonight if we got the apartment.

This is such a big step for him and he is so excited about us doing it together that I couldn''t be happier. I know he''s been thinking about it a lot latley but I guess maybe he just wasn''t ready for all of it before, whatever that means in guy speak, I don''t think I''ll ever know.

So I guess that means that a proposal may happen in the not so distant future. Cross your fingers for me that everything works out!

By the way, did anyone see the pictures of the new emerald cut ring on Leon''s web site...to die for!

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
YAY!!!!
Gald to hear that things are working out for you....its about time...patiece really does pay off!!!

What ring did you want???
Tel me about this apartment....sounds really nice!!

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
I''m wishing the best of luck that it''s just around the corner!

We got back a lot of bucks because we own, it was like getting a Christmas bonus!!
Yay house debt is good for once! ;-)

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Alexis! I''m so excited, I feel like its been a long time coming!

The ring...I crossing my fingers for an emerald cut in a halo micro pave setting. I like really think bands. To be totally honest, he knows my style so if it isn''t an emerald cut and it falls into the style I like, I know that I''ll love it. Thankfully, he has really good taste!

On to the apartment...Its a small (what isn''t in NYC?) one bedroom about 725 sqft with a 350sq ft terrace on the Penthouse level, no one above us (total plus). It needs some work, we are planning to tear down a wall, replace the floors and probably renovate the kitchen all before we move in. I couldn''t be more excited. Lets hope we get it! We are going away for the weekend so I''m hoping we sign the finalized contract on Friday.

kimberlina13

Shiny_Rock
Congratul.ations on your big step!

eleguin

Shiny_Rock
congrats! i totally hear you about the tax savings. we also live in NYC and we recently purchased a condo in the city as well. it''s a really exciting time, so i hope you enjoy it! a proposal can''t be too far away now
face1.gif

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
wow..the ring sounds awesome...

The apartment sounds amazing...congrats!! Well I hope you get it...would be a great start!!

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/4/2007 3:46:59 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
Thank you Alexis! I''m so excited, I feel like its been a long time coming!

The ring...I crossing my fingers for an emerald cut in a halo micro pave setting. I like really think bands. To be totally honest, he knows my style so if it isn''t an emerald cut and it falls into the style I like, I know that I''ll love it. Thankfully, he has really good taste!

On to the apartment...Its a small (what isn''t in NYC?) one bedroom about 725 sqft with a 350sq ft terrace on the Penthouse level, no one above us (total plus). It needs some work, we are planning to tear down a wall, replace the floors and probably renovate the kitchen all before we move in. I couldn''t be more excited. Lets hope we get it! We are going away for the weekend so I''m hoping we sign the finalized contract on Friday.
Ohhh... where''s the apartment. My FI and I have been looking too.
Everything''s so damn expensive!

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
Congrats, and thanks for checking in. My bf and I are slowly looking at a place to buy too but we''re looking more in Queens/Brooklyn/NJ since places there are more affordable. But 725 sqft? That''s HUGE for NYC standards! I''ll cross my fingers for you that your offer gets accepted!

AmandaPanda - aren''t NYC/NYC area real estate prices just crazy? If we lived anywhere else we''d be able to afford a 4-bedroom house comfortably but here we can barely afford a 1-bedroom.

repartee

Rough_Rock
Hi!

I don''t mean to be a buzzkill, but are you guys buying the place together? I would only caution you to spell out what''s going to happen in case you don''t end up getting married.

I bought a house in NYC with a now ex. When we split, I made him an offer for his share and he was really reasonable about everything. If he hadn''t been, it could''ve been a nightmare. The house has appreciated quite a bit since we purchased and it would''ve been v.v.v. difficult to pay him market value.

I hope everything works out for you two!

Grace

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2007 2:02:53 PM
Author: repartee
Hi!

I don''t mean to be a buzzkill, but are you guys buying the place together? I would only caution you to spell out what''s going to happen in case you don''t end up getting married.

I bought a house in NYC with a now ex. When we split, I made him an offer for his share and he was really reasonable about everything. If he hadn''t been, it could''ve been a nightmare. The house has appreciated quite a bit since we purchased and it would''ve been v.v.v. difficult to pay him market value.

I hope everything works out for you two!

Grace
Hi Grace,

I sincerely appreciate your concern :) I''m not going to go into the specifics of the agreement that the two of us have if something were to happen but I can assure you that it was very thought out and put in writing with the help of a lawyer. I must say that we are both in our late 20''s and have been together as a couple for over four years. The both of us are very confident that this is the right move for us it just happened to occur rather fast after we made the decision that it was what we wanted to do.

With that said, I think that the advice that you gave is very helpfull to anyone entering into this kind of purchasing situation. I happen to have a couple friends who wound up in similar situations that were very difficult to get out of in the long run, it is definatley not something to be taken lightly.

Thank you all for your support. We got the apartment and are signing the contract tomorrow morning! So excited!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results