shape
carat
color
clarity

Quick search bar

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I think many Pricescope visitors do not use the price comparison engine, which probably causes questions like "How am I doing?" or "How much is this worth?".

I hope this quick search bar at the top will help. Those members who don''t need it, can toggle it off to save the page space.

Let me know please about possible bugs or any other problems it may cause.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it
35.gif

lindsal

Shiny_Rock
I think it''s a great addition. I used it as soon as i saw it, just to test it out.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I used it too!!!
11.gif
12.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Very cool, Leonid!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Love it, love it! Great idea Leonid!!!

Always thinking efficiency...

emwink.gif
Alright!
emthup.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Leonid,

A few thoughts...

Since I absolutely support the purpose of diamond education, I approve the idea. I could only speculate about how design would have affected my initial viewing of this site months ago, but I can confirm that I was unaware of the shopping/comparing option you're helping others to become aware of in my first week of exposure to the site, and it seems very reasonable that the inclusion of the bar would have speeded this.

One enhancement idea...at my current job, and in many sites, there is presented the feature of being able to get a thumbnail description of the item being "hovered over" by ones mouse, when you put your mouse over a "clickable" item on the site. Any chance of implementing this here?

For example, now, when I'd want to turn to the "pricescope your diamond" utility, I'd prefer it in the view where it is more conventionally presented...at least in part because of the other utilities available there (constrain between ranges in color, the option to select acceptable labs, etc). So, now, on the left, when hovering over "Pricecope your diamond," you might like to know both a) more about what this feature is, and b) that you can go elsewhere for more features, and likewise, off to the right, where there is an "x" at the end...I'm not sure I would have thought to click it to extinguish it's presence, if I hadn't read your comment that it is extinguishable.

Also, not sure if I'm a dinosaur, but my resolution is 600 x 800. I think you're probably mindful of this in your design, since many boxes off to the right of my view do "peek" over, both allowing me to sort of get full functionality without scrolling (not always)...and anyway, I think it is pretty clear I can just scroll over to the right.

Relatedly, though, for the given scoll bar, since it is extinguishable, you might consider "doubling the data," having a thicker row, so that for color, you more effectively could, there, select a range, rather than just a single color. Or, that may be too much.

Just some thoughts. Mainly, the inclusion of the bar will help others discover more important utilities here, more quickly. A good thing!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Ira, thank you for your detailed comments. There are different ways it could be done. For example, it can be done as a floaing box which can be closed if necessary.

My reservation is that I don''t want this to look as we are selling something. In other words, when a new visitor comes here for the first time and don''t know what this site is about, i don''t wan''t it to look as an e-commerce site.

800 pixel resolution!
23.gif
I hoped 1024 is already common.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
having played with it some more 2 sugestions.
1: Search by known hca button
2: open the rusults in a new window.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
thank you! :}

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here are a few ideas - I think loads of people are dummies - especially those:
1. in love
2. fools who buy women diamonds when they are in love
3. Women who buy their own (and shoes and handbags)
4. like me

So the KISS principle is velly important.
can anyone think of any other simplification ideas?

(BTW i borrowed a graphic from a well known simplified website - so this can not be used)

Also note i changed the "search by cut quality" to something more meaningful (i hope)
and added a $ range
And B&M vendors is wrong - maybe B&M stores or B&M shops or Local Jeweler

Quicksearchboxidea.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
prince range added in would be kewl.
I dont like the picture shapes it would make it even bigger than it allready is and that wouldnt be good.
Its about the right size so I can leave it on and not be bugged by it.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
- I like "local jeweler
- including HCA with "search by cut quality" is helpful
- by having the latter, since the selection is smaller, to have the option meaningful, I do want to see a color range, rather than a choice
- The present option to pick a shape works for me, and saves real estate

By the way, I can''t seem to get the "bullet" or "number" option (to effect text presentation) to work past the first line.

Thanks!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Author: Regular Guy

By the way, I can''t seem to get the ''bullet'' or ''number'' option (to effect text presentation) to work past the first line.

1. should
  2. be
  3. ok
  4. now
  5. face1.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/6/2004 8
6.gif
3:50 AM
Author: strmrdr
prince range added in would be kewl.
I dont like the picture shapes it would make it even bigger than it allready is and that wouldnt be good.
Its about the right size so I can leave it on and not be bugged by it.

Storm can you see that all i did was make the search bar a tiny bit wider and removed the H&A''s AGS option boxes - I do not think they are neccessary given that the goal here is to introduce newbies to searching.

The shape selector is an attempt to make the system new-user freindly - and if you do not like looking at it Storm - remeber you can click the little toggle search thingy and off it goes :)

But the other thing that would make sense is is a button for Advanced Search. But they get that after doing their first search :)

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
If I select princess for shape and click the B&M vendors button it brings up the internet search and not the local search.
It works right for rounds.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
emotion-41.gif
Thanks, Strmrdr. /idealbb/editor/cute/images/face1.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

Handy dandy little thing. Like Stormdr I found that when I searched for a fancy shape at a "local B & M" my search took me again to the Internet--I assumed it was a default function. Today I see that that is not so and takes me to another seach engine......great.

I also wanted to inquire whether the font size of the diamond listings has been changed (forgive my instructional design inertia if I do not express myself properly) in order to increase the number of "hits" on one page--as I find with my "aging" eyes it seems more difficult to see than ever. Glasses are an option as is changing the contrast on my computer screen, but it still seems I need to squint........

Back to searching online for diamonds, shoes and handbags

2.gif
................ Cheers

Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results