shape
carat
color
clarity

Quick poll: budget lavender spinel, rose gold, white gold or silver?

Which metal would you choose?

• 14k rose gold

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Silver

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • 14k white gold

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters

voce

Ideal_Rock
PXL_20211107_211225386.jpg PXL_20211107_211245581.jpg I've had this 1 ct cushion lavender spinel for quite some time. I intend to set this in CRD's scoop cushion ring with sidestones, mint garnet, blue sapphire, pink ruby.

I'm quite undecided about the metal to set these stones in. So I'll let others chime in with thoughts. I'm considering silver because the whole set of gems is about $150, but I'm thinking maybe 14k RG looks better, bring out less gray in the lavender spinel?

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I voted rose gold, but silver would be a close second choice. What gold colors do you already have lavender spinels set in? That might be something to take in to consideration too. I’m picturing a couple of your beautiful lavender spinels rings in my head, but can’t recall for sure the metal you used.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I voted rose gold, but silver would be a close second choice. What gold colors do you already have lavender spinels set in? That might be something to take in to consideration too. I’m picturing a couple of your beautiful lavender spinels rings in my head, but can’t recall for sure the metal you used.

I had them set in platinum and 18k rose gold before. The gem this time is the least expensive of all my lavender spinels.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I had them set in platinum and 18k rose gold before. The gem this time is the least expensive of all my lavender spinels.

I changed my vote to silver, especially if there is a big price difference between the gold vs silver setting :))

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think they would all look lovelly
i get how silver is provably the smart money choice but i would love it in rose gold

Bibbi*Jazzy*T

Rough_Rock
My vote was for 14k white gold.
Silver is also a good choice especially white rhodium plated.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you like gray, then white metal, otherwise yellow or rose gold would bring out more of the lavender hue.

Bebe goldeneyes

Rough_Rock
PXL_20211107_211225386.jpg PXL_20211107_211245581.jpg I've had this 1 ct cushion lavender spinel for quite some time. I intend to set this in CRD's scoop cushion ring with sidestones, mint garnet, blue sapphire, pink ruby.

I'm quite undecided about the metal to set these stones in. So I'll let others chime in with thoughts. I'm considering silver because the whole set of gems is about $150, but I'm thinking maybe 14k RG looks better, bring out less gray in the lavender spinel?

How much was the lavender spunel?

voce

Ideal_Rock

Miss Confused

Rough_Rock

Would suggest doing two tone - rose gold for the spinel and silver for the rest, best of both worlds

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Would suggest doing two tone - rose gold for the spinel and silver for the rest, best of both worlds

Didn't even think of that option! Dan could do a lovely piece for you in mixed metals. Plus, his prices are really good, as you know.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Didn't even think of that option! Dan could do a lovely piece for you in mixed metals. Plus, his prices are really good, as you know.

Yes, Leslie, but I am traveling a lot and I can't deal with the unexpected ETA anymore.

Plus, I distinctly planned to have this set in Yvonne's setting, and she doesn't do two-tone.

I'm getting stressed over how high my expenses have racked up with jewelry projects and wedding. No more projects for 2021.

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Totally understandable, voce, you have a lot of irons in the fire this year :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results