shape
carat
color
clarity

Quick MOB and MOG Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Elle80

Rough_Rock

1.gif
Hello everyone and congratulations to all the new brides and new marrieds! I’m obviously new here, I’m getting married this September. I just have a quick question. The mothers have started to look for their gowns. I told my future MIL that my mom was going to be wearing/looking for copper or gold colored dresses. So she said okay I wont look for those colors. I went shopping with the MIL for her dress recently and she found two beautiful gowns that look great on her and that she can get in any color... she happened to like the cappuccino/brown colored one. NOW my mom was shopping by herself and she found a gorgeous gown that she absolutely loves totally wants it... its a deep brown color...

SO NOW my question is.. is this going to cause a problem with the MIL because now she cant wear brown? when I told her that my mom would be wearing/looking for gold or copper colored dresses.. I mean my mom looked for those colors but could not find them and my MIL has more of a choice she found 2 gowns and they can get them in any color she wants.

Or should I not care because the MOB gets first choice? I just wanna keep the peace..

Thanks for listening/reading any feedback would be great.

4.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Do your mom and FMIL care if they''re wearing the same color? I''d ask your mom. If they don''t, then I don''t see a problem with them wearing the same color. It''s not like it''s the same dress.

Elle80

Rough_Rock
HI thanks for the response. My mom does not care at all... Its my MIL im concerned about, she definately say they cant wear the same color. I just dont want her to be annoyed because my mom is wearing brown.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
If your MIL thinks they can''t wear the same color then I think you should tell her what your mom decided on. She does get first choice. Hopefully it will go smoothly. hopefully.

I''m about to go through this as well... FMIL called Sunday asking about dress colors for my mom. My mom said she doesn''t want to look for her dress until she goes to Toronto in June because 10 years ago she went to a fabulous dress shop there and she just knows she''ll find the perfect dress!!! Which is all fine and wonderful for my mom, but I have to tell FMIL that she has to wait until after June to look for her dress? She''s so not going to like that. The wedding is in October, so it''s fine, time-wise, but it won''t be ok with her. At least, I don''t expect it to be.

Elle80

Rough_Rock
Yeah I''m just going to have to tell her. I mean she cant have really expected that my mom was DEFINATELY going to get the colors I said she was looking for and she just happend to see this dress that she loves And I think its only right that the MOB chooses first. and it is 6 months in advance so it wont be a problem my future MIL didnt even want to start looking until june anyway.

As far as your mommy problems are... I think your MIL will have enough time to find something, and i really dont think it should be a problem. But you never know how the MIL is going to react. I mean when mine started looking she was looking at wedding gowns in different colors, yes she is very extravagant.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
wedding gowns? WHA??

Yeah, that''s a bit over the top!!

Elle80

Rough_Rock
Yeah well luckily thats all over with.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results