shape
carat
color
clarity

Quick Buffet Question - Which Would YOU Rather...?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
So I''m about to schedule a tasting with a local caterer. FI and I were interested in their Italian Pasta Buffet menu. However, I think I''m going to switch out one of the pasta dishes with a chicken dish.

I want to keep the lasagna (FI LOVES lasagna, and it''ll be a great vegetarian entree).

So the choices I have to substitute out are:
Cheese-Filled Tortellini
Served with Sun-Dried Tomato & Pesto Cream Sauce

OR
Radiatore with Italian Meatballs & Sweet Sausages
Served with our Zesty Marinara Sauce
The chicken dish I want to substitute in is:
Sicilian Prosciutto Chicken
Boneless Chicken Breast Stuffed
with Prosciutto, Spinach and Provolone Cheese
I''m leaning towards switching out the Radiatore, since my mom did a verbal cringe over the phone when I read that one out to her (she doesn''t like meatballs!), but then I''d have lots and lots of cheese. Given that half my family is Chinese...well, not all of them are lactose-tolerant. I guess they could all take their Lactaid, but I don''t know how considerate that would be. Or should I just change the chicken dish? There''s a rosemary citrus chicken, but that didn''t sound as tasty as the sicilian prosciutto chicken (which the lady I spoke to highly recommended).

Thoughts?

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
The cheese filled Tortellini sounds delish to me (but, I''m a vegetarian too though...)

E B

Ideal_Rock
So the keepers are the lasagna and the prosciutto-stuffed chicken dish? If so, I think you should keep the radiatore to 'mix' it up a bit.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
My personal choice would be to keep the tortellini, but cheese in every dish is probably not the best idea -- if this is going to serve as your guests main meal of the eveing. Choose some diversity in your entrees.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2009 4:50:00 PM
Author: EBree
So the keepers are the lasagna and the prosciutto-stuffed chicken dish? If so, I think you should keep the radiatore to ''mix'' it up a bit.
Agree, as delicious as that tortellini sounds! My favorite!
18.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
As long as the lasagna is vegetarian, I'd sub out the tortellini, even though it does sound really yummy!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2009 5:50:06 PM
Author: ladypirate
As long as the lasagna is vegetarian, I''d sub out the tortellini, even though it does sound really yummy!
Yep, make sure theres no meat in the lasagna and then take out the tortellini!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
It''s swell you''re considering people''s lactose issues... but after reading the post, the first think i thought was "Get rid of the radiatore." I know TONS of people that dislike sweet sausage.

whitetulips

Shiny_Rock
I would say to take out the tortellini because that does seem like a lot of cheese- but the point about people not liking sausage is a good one too. I don''t think you will ever be able to please everybody and I think it would be nice to offer more than one dish with meat.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I'd keep the tortellini because that sounds awesome and spectacular.

And it's a hard call on the chicken. The stuffed breast sounds much yummier, but I'm just thinking if someone was going to take a bit of tortellini plus the chicken, it would be a lot of cheese (I'm assuming the other has a red sauce?), and the first might also go better with the lasagna. In other words, I would pick the "lightest" version of the chicken, since both of your pastas are very filling/heavy.

ETA: ohhhh the chicken is the same thing. It DOES sound really good - but maybe the rosemary citrus would be a better pairing.

missismene

Shiny_Rock
I am with the majority on not using the tortellini (though it sounds great.)
Personally I would like to have a meat choice, chicken choice and vegetarian choice.
I am planning my menu too and it is not easy!
All your choices sound very good.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
That''s hard. Personally I would stick with the tortellini and go with the rosemary citrus chicken. That Radiatore just sounds like a loser all the way around. And the tortellini sounds AMAZING. And that way there wouldn''t be too much cheese.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results