shape
carat
color
clarity

Quick answers needed.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Johnericfigueroa

Rough_Rock
Hi ummm... I feel kinda silly asking but I need advice... I''m going to visit the girl of my life in June and I want to propose to her once I get off the airplane. I''m gonna be flying from Georgia to California (though this is completely un-needed information). We''ve known each other for 7 years, flirting to each after we''ve known each other for our 6th year, and we have been dating now for 1 year to make up the 7 years. Ummm heres the thing... our relationship is completely long distance and we met each other online. We haven''t met each other personally but we''ve sent pictures back and forth and we talk everyday on the phone for at least 4hours. She will be joining the Army in July and is hopeing to be stationed in Georgia so we can live together while I goto college. I''ve asked her before over the phone... "Hey, would you marry me if I asked you too?" and she replied "I would". I don''t think that phone conversation was my proposal. I think I was just trying to see her reaction toward the question, kind of like gauging when the actual proposal should be, because if she said something like "Umm, I don''t know..." I''d deftinately hold out much longer... My main concerns are : If you don''t know the size of her ring finger, what do you do? What would be a better choice for rings; Promise ring vs Engagement ring? . My budget isn''t the best in the world either.. being a college student and all... please any advice would be appreciated. This has been weighed on my mind for a while now...

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
wooo hang on here...
Having met my wifey2b online and meet and know a lot of couples who met online its not good to propose the first time you meet in person.
Online can hide some things that can be relationship breakers.
Spend at least a couple weeks together in person before proposing or you might regret it very much.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I have to agree with Storm. There''s a lot that you can learn about someone in person that you can''t online. And he''s been there, so I''d listen to him. I''d view the visit as an opportunity to really get to know the woman you might one day marry, not a time to propose.

pad3006

Shiny_Rock
Hi;
I agree that I would wait on the actual proposal. But if you want to buy her a "promise" ring that is up to you. Dont worry about the ring size too much. Many stores stock there rings in one size and then size them as nessacary. So just buy the ring and then if/when you give it to her see how it fits and then take it to any jeweler to get it sized correctly. That would be the easiest thing to do and she will have no idea that you are buying her something. Otherwise if you really want to get it in her size you can ask her but basicly that is giving it away.
Take care and good luck

Phil

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa!! You''ve never met her in person but are going to propose at your first meeting? I think a promise ring is a sweet idea and better than an actual for-life proposal. Especially if you''ve only been dating by phone/email for the last year (even though you''ve known each other online for 6....being together in person is an altogether different thing than talking on the phone/chatting online).

You can easily get her a promise ring from a local jeweler and then have them size it after she tries it on. Maybe a pretty little sapphire with dainty diamond accents on a white gold band? Anyway, we don''t know you nor the specifics of your situation, but I *highly* advise you two to wait before committing to each other for life. Spend at least a few months together in each other''s actual physical presence and then decide if this is a lifelong match. Good luck!
1.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with the promise ring idea. That way you''ll know her ring size for a future proposal.
2.gif
Ya''ll really need to get to know each other a little better first. People are always on their best behaviour at first. You need to get used to each others ''quirks'' and see if you can live with them. She may not like the way you chew your food and you may not like the way she sqeezes the toothpaste tube. Little things like that can KILL a relationship if not worked out properly. Good luck and for crying out loud show us pics of ANY jewelry you give her.
2.gif

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
I think if funds are a bit tight at the moment, a promise ring would be a really sweet idea.

It shows her what your intensions are, without breaking the bank....and if things work out for you guys, then you can plan a big proposal further down the line.

Good luck...Blod

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/2/2006 3:02:12 PM
Author: blodthecat
I think if funds are a bit tight at the moment, a promise ring would be a really sweet idea.

It shows her what your intensions are, without breaking the bank....and if things work out for you guys, then you can plan a big proposal further down the line.

Good luck...Blod
What blodthecat said!!
A little better put than my post.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results