shape
carat
color
clarity

Questions re: Officiant & Videographer

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gnahclehcar

Rough_Rock
Hi ladies,

I''m in the process of planning my June 2009 wedding, and thank all of you for providing so much helpful information. (I think you helped me narrowed down my dress options to just 3)
18.gif

But I have 2 questions that I hope you might be able to help me~

1. Do I absolutely need an officiant?
Neither my fiance nor myself has a specific religion that requires any kind of ceremony. I think we just want a romantic ceremony that we can say "I DO" and exchange our wedding rings.
That being said, do I need an officiant (minister or clergy)? If not, who can I hire or have to host the ceremony?
If yes, do you have any "on the budget" one you could recommend?
I''ve found Terri, who offers pretty affordable pricing, but I''d like to see if any of you have better suggestions.

2. Any recommendation for a videographer?
I''m thinking about having both a photography & a videoagrapher. I think I found a photographer, but no luck on finding a videographer.....
Do you ladies think that it''s good or unnecessary to have a videographer?
& do you have any "on the budget" videographer you would recommend?

Big big thanks to all of you in advance & happy planning
36.gif

marchswallowbird

Brilliant_Rock
You don't need a minister or clergy, but you definitely need an officiant! Check the rules for your state, in CA practically anyone can be an officiant, they just have to the county clerk's office in the county in which the wedding will take place. You have to swear an oath to "support and defend the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the state of California against all enemies, foreign and domestic." Then the state vests you with the authority to officiate the wedding. You can get your best friend to officiate if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results