shape
carat
color
clarity

Questions on the inclusions in the table area

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tuer

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I recently purchased a diamond ring and it looks very good. Today, we went to a local store to do a verification. we found the inclusions on this diamond is in the table area (Not in the center, but very close to the center). In the GIA dossier, there is no pictures showing the inclusions. The person told us it is a crystal (white) and verified that this diamond is a VS2 level (this diamond is eye-clean, we can not see it by naked eye.). we saw it under microcope. I am worrying if I need to avoid a VS2 level diamond if the inclusion is in the center of table area. Any ideas? Maybe I am too picky. Every other point on this diamond is excellet.
3.gif

Thanks!

Rook

Shiny_Rock
Well in my opinion, if it is eye clean, even with a loop, then the inclusions should not matter to you for buying it. Also, if it is verified as a vs2 and it was sold as a vs2 then there should be no price difference to worry about either.

Personally, I like having a diamond that is eyeclean, yet it has an inclusion that can be seen by a microscope or loop. This way you get a good looking diamond but you have an identifing mark for when you need to leave it at a jewelers.

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
If the GIA dossier says it is a VS2 and you can't see it, I don't see what the problem is. A VS2 can have inclusions anywhere as long as they are not to big or to many. You say it is pretty...enjoy it.

flowerpower

Rough_Rock
I don't think this is a problem at all, Tuer, since you've examined the stone and have ascertained that it's definitely eye-clean. I have seen a number of VS2 stones that had inclusions in the table area, so it's quite common. Think about the benefits of 'buying VS2' - VS2 stones usually represent great value for money, so buy and enjoy!
twirl.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Usually vs inclusions aren't a problem even if they are in the center... An exception could be a large diamond...
Was the jeweler impressed with this diamond??
1.gif

tuer

Rough_Rock

----------------
On 4/13/2003 6:55:46 AM Giangi wrote:
Usually vs inclusions aren't a problem even if they are in the center... An exception could be a large diamond...
Was the jeweler impressed with this diamond??
1.gif
----------------
Yes. The jeweler told me it is an excellent stone. The table is a bit small but fine (54% table and 33.7% crown angle). They let me saw it under microscope (larger mag., not 10*) and under the firescope (it is difficult for a setted diamond).

They even asked me why I bought online, due to the lower price?

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
I'm in agreement with everybody else. A VS2 inclusion under the table is usually going to be a smaller, finer inclusion than a VS2 inclusion under the bezel area.

Nottaproblem.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results