shape
carat
color
clarity

Questions after purchasing a Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sammm

Rough_Rock
Ok finally purchased a Solitare Plat ring and have some questions:

1. Engraved: PLAT and PT95 ... what's the difference, if any?

2. I have a GIA certification and Sarin Report, a store appraisal -- do I have to get verified/appraised from an independent place? Or is this info sufficient?

3. Once mounted, if you look at it from the side I see line in middle. I ask the jeweler and he said it's the reflection of the setting. This true?

4. Can't think of any other questions :) but if you have any answers, it'll be appreciated!

Thanks
Sam

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
PT95 means platinum 950 parts and 50 parts alloy. It is not uncommon to have more than one stamping inside a ring.

The line visible from the side is either the mounting or the girdle on the other side of the diamond. It will appear as a line in the pavilion when viewed from the side.

Look at the diamond from the top....Don't get the willys from looking at strange angles. You'll be much happier. They are cut specifically to be viewed from the top.

Sammm

Rough_Rock
Thanks!

So PLAT and PT95 are not the same thing? I was under the impression pure Platinum is soft.

Sam

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results