shape
carat
color
clarity

Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
Would you ever consider getting a princess cut with J color? I know that fancy shapes show color more than RBs but was just wondering. Of the stones I have looked at one J looks really good and it is much more in my price range for the size I am looking for than some of the higher color stones. I don''t think I am color sensitive but honestly I am very new to all this so I just don''t know much to begin with.

Would really appreciate your thoughts

Thanks so much

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you like the stone otherwise enough to take the plunge? Color is something I would have to see in person and it is hard if not impossible for us to tell you whether (a) you would really detect the color or not and (b) if you did, if it would bother you. If you really like the stone otherwise you could buy and determine during the inspection period whether it bothers you or not! Or else...take a look at some Js if you have a place around you that carries some.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I would depending on the setting. If the setting was an antique design, I think they look wonderful with a warmer diamond. However, if I was going to set it in something modern or minimalist that would draw attention to the warmth I might not.

As firegoddess says, if you love the stone and it''s not bothering *you*, then I''d definitely go for it!

RRose

Rough_Rock
I have a princess stone and when I went to the jeweler where my finace ended up buying my ring from to get educated on the 4 Cs, the jeweler showed me a loose 2 ct princess that was color I. At first I thought this stone was beautiful and could not see any yellowness or "warmth" while it was on the white paper. But then he put the same size stone but color G right next to it and I could immediately tell a difference in color. I chose to go with the G color because I really like the whiteness of diamonds. However unless you''re literally comparing 2 diamonds side by side that have atleast 2 grades of color difference, you would not be able to tell a difference. Good luck with your decision!!
emteeth.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2007 7:20:39 PM
Author:btrflygrl23
Would you ever consider getting a princess cut with J color? I know that fancy shapes show color more than RBs but was just wondering. Of the stones I have looked at one J looks really good and it is much more in my price range for the size I am looking for than some of the higher color stones. I don''t think I am color sensitive but honestly I am very new to all this so I just don''t know much to begin with.

Would really appreciate your thoughts

Thanks so much
If I wanted a princess I''d consider a J because I like those shades.

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
First, a big thank you for the input I really appreciate it!
21.gif

I do really like the stone and I am pretty sure I could live with a stone with that kind of warmth.

I won''t be able to see it for myself unless I buy it I live in Canada and it''s big hassle to have it going back and forth to decide.

There are some places around me where I can go and take a look at some J color prinesses in that size and see for myself. I will probably do this so Firegoddess!

kcoursolle the setting I am considering isn''t antique so you make a good point tnx. The setting I want to use is the diamonds for an eternity setting from WF with the matching band as my wband any further thoughts??

Cehrabehra nice to know you would consider this color in a princess.
I''ll keep you all posted I''m not in a huge rush I would like to take some time and pick the right stone so that I can live with it for some time I''m in school so we won''t be able to upgrade for quite a while and I want to love it every time I see it and wear it out!!

Have a wonderful day everyone
9.gif

diamondsRforever

Shiny_Rock
just a thought, have you compared the J stone next to a higher color grade? if so did the color bother you? I think the stone would look lovely on an eternity setting.
1.gif

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
I owned two princesses that were K, and I can tell you that there was a world of diff between the two regarding color. One of them had a slight pink hue to it and was cut remarkably well (beautiful color I thought) and the other was simply not the best cut (very warm). What eventually got to me was that every time I took a bubble bath, the color diff between the stone and the bubbles disturbed me, for both stones. I bought these because I wanted a larger diamond. I now own a smaller radiant that is an H and very nicely cut--no color in the bath, lol. Funny how the little things you do every day can work their way into your subconcious. I found that H was my sweet spot.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
1. what clarity is it?
have you seen SI1 and SI2''s? sometimes they pass muster and can go up in color - i would because you will always see the color - but rarely if ever see the inclusion

2. watch out for thin girdles on princess

Varun_Kohli

Rough_Rock
Though J is Good Color for Princess Cut Diamonds. I think you should comapre it once with G,H to see wether you feel the difference.
I am a Jewelller dealing in soliatires and i can tell one thing,buy diamonds with better shades and cuts and lower clarity.

You can buy clarities like SI1, SI2 but go for diamonds with Very Good or Excelllent Cut.
Do not compromise cut.
Adjust shade for your budget.

Also keep a look on floroscence. A slight florosence is good. It betters the look of shade.

Any other help needed you can post.
I''ll be obliged to Help you.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
YES!

I have a 1.52 J SI2 Radiant (which looks more like a princess) and i have G-h color sidestones and I think it looks great!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you love the stone and the slight warmth doesn''t bother you then I say go for it!! My princess is a J 1.62 ct and I also have G side stones.

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for all the good advice.

diamondsRforever-No I have not been able to compare a J stone next to a higher color grade but I will try to. Thanks for the kind words about the setting I think it''s really pretty too!

justjulia-good point I am the type too that would pick up on something small and it could potentially bug me forever so need to be careful in this choice

Garry-the clarity of the one I am looking at is really high vvs2 and you are right I won''t be able to see inclusions but if there were a tint on the stone I would. I am dealing with WF and their ACA princess line and right now they really don''t have many lower clarity high color stones in stock in the size I am looking at 2ct. There is a 2ct that has H color but still vvs2 clarity what do you think of that?? Thanks for the infor about girdles.

Varun_Kohli-Thank you I am looking at excellent cuts WF ACA AGS certified princess cuts and I do have my eye on an H but right now they don''t have too much in the way of higher color stones in the size that I am looking for. I will keep an eye out for floroscence most of the stones I am looking at say that it is negligible is that good? Or should it say slight floroscence? I really appreciate your continued help.

Sophie-So nice to know that you actually have a stone in that shade and that you have higher color side stones and that you are very happy. Your set looks amazing on your avatar and I hope I can get a set half as pretty!!
21.gif
21.gif

Finally Catmom-Your set is also beautiful and I would never have thought it was a J stone very pretty and super nice size and your G stones fit right in as well so I have lots to think about.

I will keep you all posted and pls do keep advising me it can only help me be more informed when it comes down to the time to actually buy and put the whole thing together.
9.gif

Enjoy your weekend everybody!
9.gif

Varun_Kohli

Rough_Rock
Diamonds with Nill Florosence are good. I am not saying to ignore them.
It''s just that the ones with Slight Florosence have a edge.
Though on Shade card I will be better on J
BUT
A J with Slight Florosence will after setting, from the top will compare to an I.

So Always Keep This in Mind.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results