shape
carat
color
clarity

Question re tension set ring inclusions

Ferociouskttn

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I’m looking at getting a tension set ring similar to Danhov V119.

I’m inclined to get a larger stone so the stone isn’t completely eclipsed by the metal. The below stone has a pretty good price and HCA score for a 2.5 carat, xx-ideal cut, f color, and VS2 clarity. However, I’m concerned with the inclusions on the girdle. I would image they would be covered by the metal, but I’m not 100% sure. Also, would the inclusion cause issues in setting the stone? I just don’t want the stone to somehow break.

6D3E715B-BA5A-4B9F-AEA4-73D77845D18B.jpeg
FE0142D1-4BD9-44EA-A551-5F3E1123328E.jpeg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How thick is the girdle?

You did not post the inclusion list. Can you post or list them out in order?

Ferociouskttn

Rough_Rock
I don’t have a width for the girdle on the certificate. Just the specification that it’s medium (faceted).

I also don’t have a list of the inclusions. Just the picture from the certificate but I’ve included that. From the certificate, it looks like there there is a cloud near the edge at 12 o’clock, a cloud at 6 o’clock, and a cloud at 7 o’clock. It also looks like there are 3 needles near 6 o’clock also at the edge of the diamond
Is there somewhere I could find that info on the certificate or do I need to ask the seller? B5617BAA-7719-46C2-83A4-B896582B171F.jpeg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The inclusion plots look to me like they are clouds and crystals, with perhaps a small feather (the one sort of perpendicular to the girdle at the 6:33 position).

I think that should be fine in a VS2 stone but I'd await comment from some professionals and those wiser than me!

Ferociouskttn

Rough_Rock
I've gotten the video of the stone and I'm now confused. It looks like there are black spots but the dealer said it was eye-clean. I'm new at this, so I'm wondering. Am I imagining it.

Video

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've gotten the video of the stone and I'm now confused. It looks like there are black spots but the dealer said it was eye-clean. I'm new at this, so I'm wondering. Am I imagining it.

Video

That is weird - I can definitely see dark crystals/inclusions in that diamond, which are not plotted on the inclusion plot and (AIUI) should be.

Perhaps check with the dealer if it is the correct video for the diamond you are enquiring about.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Report #?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wrong video, the video is from a gia graded stone report # 6302319393

Where yours has an igi report.
Is it a mmd?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it a mmd?

The straight line ('filament'?) inclusion at the bottom of the stone clarity plot makes me think it is!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results