shape
carat
color
clarity

Question re: Color on this bag

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
I'm interested in getting a mid-city tote by Foley + Corinna. I saw this one in Glossy Eggplant that looked pretty cool but I'm seeing different pictures of it that portray it as either a wine-type color or a true purple.

I would prefer a true purple color. I don't think wine is my color but if it's at least a dark purple hue that may work. Can some of you who either have a better eye for color or a different monitor than me tell me what you think?

Here's a photo from ShopBop. I tend to trust their photography, I got it from a bag forum site though here:
http://www.thebagforum.com/foley-corinna-bags/9836-foley-corinna-glazed-mid-city-glossy-eggplant.html

shopfoley.jpg

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Here is image 2 from the same site:

shopfoley2fold.jpg

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a photo from another site.

FOLP-WY79_V1.jpg

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Some random shopping site i found with bad photography probably.

yhst-17460634059361_2039_13313806.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Hmm...I just don''t love it - I feel like the proportions are weird. Sorry, I don''t mean to be a downer - the color looks beautiful, and if you love it I think you should go for it - a girl can never have too many purple bags
2.gif

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
From all the pictures that you posted I would guess it to be a more deep purple color.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 11:42:36 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
Hmm...I just don''t love it - I feel like the proportions are weird. Sorry, I don''t mean to be a downer - the color looks beautiful, and if you love it I think you should go for it - a girl can never have too many purple bags
2.gif
Are you talking about the size of the bag on that picture of the girl I posted? If so that bag is WAY too big.

I want the mid-city tote. Let me know what you think about this one here size-wise:
http://www.lunaboston.com/ProductInfo/FoleyCorinna/20479.aspx

Part of my motivation for this one is that it has that long strap. I love the idea of a hobo for europe too but I think a strap bag for long walking trips may be better.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the long strap too! It looks like it wouldn''t be too big on the last pic you linked. I think this bag is really funky!
2.gif
It''s hard to say about the actual colour, but personally I liked all the shades it appeared to be.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the color is really pretty. Can you see it in person somewhere?

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
I adore these bags!! Like others, it''s hard to tell the shade of the bags (I haven''t seen this colour in stores yet) but I like them all. I also saw a girl on the street wearing the bag across her body (like a messenger)....
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Also check www.bagshop.com as they have discounted prices. Check under ''Anna Corinna''. they may not have the colour you''re looking for but you can call to inquire.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 12:56:13 PM
Author: sammyj
I adore these bags!! Like others, it''s hard to tell the shade of the bags (I haven''t seen this colour in stores yet) but I like them all. I also saw a girl on the street wearing the bag across her body (like a messenger)....
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Also check www.bagshop.com as they have discounted prices. Check under ''Anna Corinna''. they may not have the colour you''re looking for but you can call to inquire.
I would like the strap to go across my body but I''m not sure if it looks long enough! Does it?? That''s part of the appeal for me.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Boo I thought this one shop had it on sale but it''s sold out everywhere in this color! and on ebay!

I''m still interested in it though.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 1:16:18 PM
Author: violet02
Boo I thought this one shop had it on sale but it''s sold out everywhere in this color! and on ebay!

Bummer! I hope one pops up for you - maybe ask the gals over on TPF to help you find one?

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 1:33:25 PM
Author: AmberGretchen

Date: 2/7/2009 1:16:18 PM

Bummer! I hope one pops up for you - maybe ask the gals over on TPF to help you find one?
I''d really love to just try one on. It seems cool but you never know til you see it in person.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 1:10:18 PM

Date: 2/7/2009 12:56:13 PM
Author: sammyj
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I would like the strap to go across my body but I''m not sure if it looks long enough! Does it?? That''s part of the appeal for me.
The girl I saw had the bag across her back (it wasn''t hanging at her side), so in that case, i don''t think the strap is long enough if you want the bag to hang like a messenger. I''m not sure if that''s what you''re looking for but I loved the look!!

Good luck with your hunt!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results