shape
carat
color
clarity

Question for you who are fully-vaccinated ...

If fully vaccinated, will you go maskless

• Yes

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • No

Votes: 56 74.7%
  • Other, please explain

Votes: 7 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure :confused: I was too young to remember if they did or not.

How convenient!

If your family immigrated legally you have definitely been vaccinated. If you attended public schools in California in the 60’s you have most likely been vaccinated. In fact, you likely vaccinated yourself - polio vaccine via sugar cube - at some point, in school.

And I do hope you’ll consider getting the new, more effective shingles vaccine. I wouldn’t wish a bad case of shingles on anyone. ;-)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How convenient!

If your family immigrated legally you have definitely been vaccinated. If you attended public schools in California in the 60’s you have most likely been vaccinated. In fact, you likely vaccinated yourself - polio vaccine via sugar cube - at some point, in school.

And I do hope you’ll consider getting the new, more effective shingles vaccine. I wouldn’t wish a bad case of shingles on anyone. ;-)
Ok, I'd remember taking the sugar cube other than that I don't remember about any other vaccinations. I was 7 yrs old.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I'd remember taking the sugar cube other than that I don't remember about any other vaccinations. I was 7 yrs old.

Google the small pox vaccine scar, almost everyone who was vaccinated has one. It should be a circle/oval shaped scar on your upper outer bicep. They vaccinated people in HK up until 1973.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I'm fully Covid-19 vaccinated and the rest of my immediate family have had their first dose too. However, when we go out (even just immediate family), we wear our masks, for outdoor dining, for walks around local park, beach, etc. Want to know the main reason? because we don't want to become victims of Asian hate. Believe it or not, my 16 year old (wearing her mask) was told to go back to where she came from and take her "China flu" with her!

PS. My kids were born and raised in So Cal, and are using the masks to protect them against Covid AND racism! My blood is boiling as I type this.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
No where near ready to go unmasked. I am however back to socializing in small groups with friends who are fully vaccinated. It is so amazing to be able to see them in person. It still feels weird to be in each other's home with no masks. But amazing too!!!

The pandemic has been so so isolating for those of us who are single. I am thankful that my youngest child is still at home with me or I think I would have lost my mind! Although I did have more of her than I bargained for with online Zoom classes. And she went back to school two weeks ago. School opened a few months ago, but I would not let her go back in person until she was fully vaccinated. Mask are required at school.

I do where a mask when doing errands or out in public for any reason. I went to the doctor yesterday and then she sent me to the lab for blood work. I noticed that when I went to see her six months ago, both she and the lab tech both wore masks and face shields. This time they only wore masks.

I don't wear a mask when walking in my neighborhood. There are sidewalks and if someone is coming towards me, I just step off the sidewalk and walk on the street. Often the other person does it first.

I am picking my son up from his college dorm tomorrow to come home for the summer. He and I were so nervous when he came home at Thanksgiving that he would get my and his little sister sick with Covid (I have a preexisting health condition that would make it very dangerous for me). This time, we are not nervous and just excited he is coming home. He was able to get fully vaccinated on campus and so is his sister and me so it will just be a happy anxiety free homecoming. So excited!!

Last edited:

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Fully vaccinated since February 10 and I haven't changed my mask behavior. I'm still nervous about eating in the presence of people who aren't in my bubble. I also don't like the idea of being around vaccinated people who I know aren't careful (like my ILs who are on vacation #7 since April 2020). I'm pregnant and high risk by virtue of that and asthma. My toddler is unvaccinated and I don't buy the whole line of "COVID doesn't really affect kids" because I don't think there is enough data to support it. The new variants make me nervous, especially the "double mutant" one that is ravaging India at the moment.

I won't eat in a restaurant yet and don't see that happening any time soon. The thought of it makes me nervous. I will eat around my friends in our home if we are all fully vaccinated. I do however (and have through the pandemic) still supported my favorite local restaurants through take out.

My youngest is 17 and vaccinated, but if they were younger, I would have the same mindframe as you to protect them!!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
PS. My kids were born and raised in So Cal, and are using the masks to protect them against Covid AND racism! My blood is boiling as I type this.

Be careful. Many attacks were on Asians who were wearing masks at the time. Don't forget your sunglasses, although they can still tell. Maybe wear a hat when you go out?

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Be careful. Many attacks were on Asians who were wearing masks at the time. Don't forget your sunglasses, although they can still tell. Maybe wear a hat when you go out?

I think an Asian American family wearing their masks is less "threatening" than an Asian Family chatting away without masks? Perhaps I'm delusional?

One nice elderly lady actually said "Thank you for wearing your masks" when we walked past her while exercising around local lakeside path. We are not mandated to wear it outdoors, or amongst immediate family, but it felt good to be acknowledged for being respectful to people around us.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
An article published this week in The Atlantic, “The Liberals Who Can’t Quit Lockdown,” is worth a read. (I think you can reed two articles a month without a subscription. I’d post a link, but I don’t want to waste my second article re-visiting something I’ve already read!)

And as someone who has followed Covid news closely, and who knows a little something about air quality: it’s virtually impossible to catch Covid from a chance encounter on the street, even if you’re walking on the same side of the street! ;-)

Last edited:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

No scar on one of your upper arms for the TB/BCG vaccine?

DK :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The rules on mask wearing and social distancing apply to society, not individuals, in the U.K., so relaxation will happen for everyone simultaneously once government decides infection rates are controlled enough. I like this approach: we’re all in this together and reach milestones together. I think some people here would find it frustrating/objectionable if different social distancing riules applied to individuals depending solely on when they had happened to be able to be vaccinated. I’m happy to continue to wear a mask until the rule no longer applies to anyone, for social cohesion and in consideration of others. Not that my view matters as I haven’t had my second jab yet anyway!

Yes to this, and I should get my invitation to book my second injection very soon!

DK :))

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I think an Asian American family wearing their masks is less "threatening" than an Asian Family chatting away without masks? Perhaps I'm delusional?

I honestly don't think they care. We exist. To them, that is reason enough for us to be eliminated.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I dont have "I had my 2 shots" tattooed on my forehead, so I wear a mask because it's socially acceptable and because I dont want people to think I'm one of those anti-maskers or anti-vaxxers.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm fully vaccinated and well past the two week wait. I follow the state and CDC guidelines. Until last week, my state had a mask mandate even if you were out walking alone with no one else around. Now you can walk your dog without a mask and be outdoors without a mask so long as you social distance if other people are around. Other than that, the mask mandate is still in place so I wear it everywhere I go, except when walking my dog or walking alone or in my car. I will have a few close friends whose households are also fully vaccinated and who I know don't got anywhere with crowds and I would be in a room with them without a mask. But other than that, I'd still wear a mask. I still won't go to the hairdresser or a restaurant (indoors or out), but do go to do some errands that I wouldn't have done before being vaccinated.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A good fraction of the population is vaccinated here, and it is still mandatory to wear a mask. You face 6 months in jail and a $10 000 fine if you remove it outside so everyone is wearing them.

Interesting thing Is that we are in the middle of a fresh bout of infections now confirmed to be from the Indian variant. A good fraction of the people who have become sick were fully vaccinated and wearing masks (plus personal protective equipment). I think it's safe to assume you need to keep wearing the mask even after vaccination for your own safety as much as anything else.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting thing Is that we are in the middle of a fresh bout of infections now confirmed to be from the Indian variant. A good fraction of the people who have become sick were fully vaccinated and wearing masks (plus personal protective equipment). I think it's safe to assume you need to keep wearing the mask even after vaccination for your own safety as much as anything else.
From which vaccine?

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not indoors, that's for sure. I wear K95 when I'm teaching at school.

Marley99

Rough_Rock
Hello! I’ve been fully vaccinated since January and have been wearing my mask the whole time, except outside when there are not groups. My family and I celebrated Easter with only those who were vaccinated (out of concern for safety for non-vaccinated members). I work in healthcare and still wear a mask and goggles when interacting with patients.

I was strict with my mask wearing and sanitizing and did not get sick once in the last year.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
From which vaccine?

We only have Pfizer and moderna here. It's probably both, as the number of people who have gotten sick is not that small, and most were in sectors (here vaccines were rolled out based on your employment sector's exposure risk and on your expected fatality rate) and age brackets which have already been pretty fully vaccinated. After the first few people who were vaccinated fell ill, it just became less of a talking point so I don't know what vaccine everyone had.

If I remember correctly, these vaccines reduce your risk of catching the virus by something like 80%. And stop most people from becoming seriously ill. So the fact that a bunch of people caught it despite being vaccinated is no surprise -- it's just probably verification of the known statistics. They still caused a fresh wave of outbreaks though and spread it through their families etc... this obviously then caught a lot of people who hadn't been vaccinated up. The good news is only one death so far and lockdown restrictions already seem to be escalating again in response so maybe it'll be stopped before it causes too much damage.

Last edited:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I follow the current cdc guidelines. So I don’t wear a mask when walking outdoors but do wear them in all indoor settings aside from dining at a table. I’ve dined inside at restaurants I deem to have appropriate ventilation/spacing and try to make reservations for early dinners as it’s less crowded. Though 95% of the time I opt for outdoor dining.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I have been fully vaccinated with Moderna since early April and yes I continue to wear a mask when in indoor public places. I don't wear a mask when outside walking in a park or on my street. I continue to wear a mask because I too have seen reports from respected sources about people still catching Covid even though they've been vaccinated and I also worry about new variants. The masks are hot and they give me acne where they touch my skin (I'm super sensitive) but I just don't think it safe to go without them. I also avoid crowded indoor spaces like the mall, or restaurants (I've only eaten out twice and both times outside on the restaurant's patio and went at off-peak hours.) Here in TX, there is almost no social distancing in restaurants at all.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Fully vaccinated and I only wear them indoors as required by the state I live in. I do not wear them inside with family members any longer. I do not wear them outside. My husband refuses to get the vaccine. At this point, his choices are his.

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don’t wear a mask outside when walking, etc. and haven’t since the start. I went to an outside event some months ago and if course masked you for that but don’t when walking the dog, etc. at a park, in my neighborhood, etc. I mask up everywhere else.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m mostly done with the mask except for places that ask me to wear it. However, I’ve mostly taken on some of the general advice which is eat outside, etc.

I will use the mask for things like sun protection after a facial acid peel and acne, and I’ll probably use it if we go to NYC again in the winter.

if anything, it reminds me to keep my hands off my face.

so to sum up, I’m mostly done with the mask, but I will wear it under certain conditions.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deleted. Can't seem to share my thoughts without cursing wildly.

Yes, I'll keep masking, and I hope everyone around me will too, until the CDC says its safe not to.

Last edited:

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's been 2 weeks since my husband and I've been vaccinated and we have not changed our behaviors at all. We still limit going out in public and always wear masks. It doesn't feel any "safer" when we have 2 young kids who will not be vaccinated until later this year.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's been 2 weeks since my husband and I've been vaccinated and we have not changed our behaviors at all. We still limit going out in public and always wear masks. It doesn't feel any "safer" when we have 2 young kids who will not be vaccinated until later this year.
Then what is the point of being vaccinated? Idunno1.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:doh::doh::doh:

Uhm, saving human lives.

I understand, but Babyblue and her DH are protected since they are fully vaccinated so what's the point of getting vaccinated if they act like they were un-vaccinated? :doh::doh::doh:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results