shape
carat
color
clarity

Question for pqcollectibles

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Final Cut

Rough_Rock
pqcollectibles,

Who is Jim34? - you seem to be asking a lot about him - are you trying to ''promote'' him.... readers should be wary of female avatars posting a male name in 15 separate threads !!

lol....
12.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Hey Final Cut!
wavey.gif

My post do look wierd don't they??!!
confused.gif

Kinda like I was up to something.
Up_to_something.gif

In reality, I wasn't.
16.gif
I was being a very good, and helpful member of this wonderful forum.
12.gif

This person, Jim34, signed up and started hitting all the "What do you think?" threads with solicitations to call a phone number in New York to buy diamonds from some guy named GEM.
nono.gif

I didn't want visitors and new members to think this may be an honest or valid endorsement of a verified vendor, so I was warning folk.
9.gif

Leonid found that guy's/gal's posts and removed them since I posted on those threads. At the time I was going around behind Jim34, he had posted on 9 threads and I'm not sure if I found them all. Sooooo, it only seems like 15!
2.gif

Glad you asked tho. I saw one of my posts in a thread earlier today and thought it really looked out of place too. Then I noticed Jim34's post was gone and figured Leonid had been working. In another thread Leonid left me a note saying he'd been doing "some cleaning."
wacko.gif

Final Cut

Rough_Rock
pcq -

I know - in fact I read and will continue to read all your posts. You & everyone else have been exceptionally helpful and instumental in me finding a spectacular diamond for my gf (soon to be fiance - fingers x'd) ....

I am a bit concerned about the constant reference to other vendors on ps - I think they are probably all good - I had a very good buying experience with ADOL and I think everyone should share their own experiences.... that is what makes this forum so great !!!

I am sure it becomes a little tiring for the less active vendors when they constantly have to listen to other forum members 'endorsing' some specific vendors (even though they themselves have not purchased anything from those vendors).....

Just my 2c (although I have spent a lot of 2c lately)

FC
16.gif
16.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
----
I am sure it becomes a little tiring for the less active vendors when they constantly have to listen to other forum members 'endorsing' some specific vendors (even though they themselves have not purchased anything from those vendors).....
----

My two cents is that the less active or less mentioned vendors should get a few tools such as the likes of GOG, SuperbCert, WF, NiceIce etc etc etc have and then they may get mentioned more if that is a concern. Listing a bunch of stones on a site doesn't inspire the Pscope masses to give you a jingle. People come here to ask questions and learn about stones. Help them learn that your stones are the ones they want to buy. Post a closeup of the stone, IS images, H&A images, Bscope results, an enlarged copy of the GIA/AGS report, a Sarin report, etc etc etc. Then you may be mentioned more.

I am probably one of the ones you mention FC...I haven't bought from WF or GOG or SC or NI though I do mention them alot. There are a few reasons, one being the one I listed above. Secondly, if you run a 'cut quality' search on Pscope, these are the vendors whose stones are in the database (cept GOG though I hear Rhino is working on that!). Because no other site has a 'cut quality' search such as Pscope, which uses the HCA for it's gauge, this is why alot of these vendors get continually mentioned as selling well-cut stones. If someone wants to create a search engine with every Tom, Dick and Harry in there, using the HCA and crown and pav angles on every stone, they'll get a mention too I'm sure.

Convenience! We only have so much time to help people who come in here looking for answers. I admit to only having a minute or two to answer a post many times. That doesn't lend itself well to massive searches of all the internet databases around. Plus I have actually been in email communications with a few of the vendors myself, and would never recommend someone check out a vendor that I didn't feel would only give the best possible service--going on my gut. I also think it helps to know that many of the vendors so highly recommended frequent the forum and usually post answers to assist people, answers not related to their stone sales service. Kudos.

1.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Mara! Those were my thoughts exactly, but I've been typing a ton today, and my hands are getting really tired.
14.gif

ADOL is Affordable Diamonds on Line, right? If that's the case, then I recommend their "sister" biz, Trade Shop, a lot. People want a particular/different style set, I say, "Try Trade Shop." I knew about them before I found Price Scope. I found them when I was thinking about having a ring made. I had several very pleasant emails and a couple phone conversations with them. Very friendly folk. They do great custom work and some of their designs are to die for. Plus, they don't charge extra to set a stone you already have or bought elsewhere. Last I knew anyway. Plus their site is great for getting set ideas. Tons of pics!

But, FC, Mara is right. The websites with all the pics of actual diamonds and tons of info, the time answering Q's in this forum, that's what leads people to refer folk to certain vendors over others. All that info on those websites is very attractive, informative, and even comforting when you consider the larger amounts of money people are thinking of spending. And those vendors have the diamonds in hand. There's no waiting on a fuzzy Cert to be faxed from a broker and then emailed to the buyer. If there's a question about the size/color/type of an inclusion, the vendor pulls out the diamond and looks it for you/discusses it with you over the phone.

This is a sight unseen purchase where the eye is the ultimate judge. The more readily available info the buyer has, the better.
1.gif

Final Cut

Rough_Rock
Hey gals -

I am buying my setting from WF because I like them and Denise is really friendly and all, but I did not buy my stone from there because they do not have any pics or anything on their site.... yet somehow because they have nice people ( perhaps ?? you tell me) they are mentioned a lot more than Abazias, who do have all the certs on their web site ??

Why - if you have not purchased from them, Leonid and PS have set up the board and site, which endorses a lot of different vendors, not just GOG, WF and a couple others (call me cynical, but it seems like you are recommending the vendors, who have a much narrower selection of very expensive premium H&A stones - this is not always in the interest of the consumer)...

I agree with all your comments and I think we all appreciate the help available here on PS- I am just a little interested in looking at peoples motivations sometimes (just like pcq was looking for jim34's motivations before)... when you point your finger at others, your thumb is pointing back at you..... lol
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

FC

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
My thumb points at you too, but when I point my finger three others point back at me...anyway.
I'm not too worried about people's motivations here. It's pretty clear when someone is self-promoting. Besides, most of us here on pscope seem to understand the intent of this resource and that ANY recommendation should be taken in-stride. We are all generally here because we enjoy the research aspect of the buying experience and aren't the type to be duped. I'm not going to take any one person's advice over another. But when 15+ separate people recommend a particular vendor, it says something.

Mara and PQ consistently offer informative and seemingly unbiased (other than their own particular tastes,
tongue.gif
) advice. They are valuable assets to the forum and hopefully will keep up the great work.
appl.gif

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
Homer,

I can easily subscribe to this forum 20 times using
20 different computers and 20 different logins and
then each time, recommand the same vendor....

this is easy... how do you know someone is not doing that in this forum?

You simply can't.....that's why I will never buy from the Internet..

I prefer to buy something from someone I can talk with ....

Trichrome.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Why THANK YOU, Homer!
9.gif

OK, FC, I did a little site surfing for some brass tacks comparisons. Since you mentioned Abazia's, I posted their info. The others listed have some of the best customer service and/or diamond information available to consumers on-line.

Abazia's has a list of diamonds from the broker's "multiple listings" sheet. A few have actual copies of Certs readily available. They also offer SuperbCert diamonds which don't have prices available. I had to go to SuperbCert's website to check the prices. Abazia's has a 7 day return period with no lifetime upgrade privilege.

Dirt Cheap Diamonds. Mulitple listings. I did find some copies of actual Certs available, so DCD may have those diamonds on hand. Dunno 4 sure. 7 day return policy, 3 year buy back at 75% of the original purchase price, 5 year upgrades at 80% of the original purchase price.

On to SuperbCert. SuperbCert has prices listed for all their diamonds. Plus tons of info available about each diamond, actual pics, certs, Sarin, Tungsten lighting views. If you by your SuperbCert directly from Barry, you get a 10 day return period and lifetime upgrade privilege.

Good Old Gold has tons and tons of information on every diamond listed. I have trouble with the website tho. Someone else commented they have a similar problem. I can never go to the Next page as the link does not show for me. Don't know if that's a server issue or what. I could not locate return period or lifetime upgrade policy if any, probably because I can't click Next. I'm sure Rhino will be glad to comment.

Nice Ice is kinda like GOG. The diamonds they offer are physically on hand. Nice Ice offers a 30 day inspection/return period, has tons of info on each diamond, and offers life-time upgrade less 10% restocking fee.

White Flash has pics of almost all their ACA's and Spring Cuts. Some are too new and the site hasn't been updated. Certs and Sarin info are linked to each ACA/Spring Cut diamond page. WF also sells diamonds off the "multiple listings" as well, so those diamonds don't have all the info available on them. The return period is 10 days. WF has a one year "Buy Back" policy for EVERY diamond they sell. If you decide after 30 days, you really don't like the diamond, WF will buy it back from you at 70% of the purchase price up to one year from purchase date. And, they have life-time upgrade for EVERY diamond they sell at 100% of the purchase price.

That's just a few that I checked. Buying the diamond is more than the actual purchase. Customer service plays a big part as well. With so many people looking at potentially going bigger down the road, the life-time upgrade is an attractive policy.

And, as Mara mentioned, there are the vendors who take time to help people in the forum in an unbiased way even when diamond mentioned isn't theirs. The same vendors tend to not comment when the diamond mentioned is theirs. Guess they want to avoid the appearance of conflict of interest.
1.gif

Final Cut

Rough_Rock
Homer - thanks for your comments - I was really just joking with Mara and pcq, but point taken...

Did not mean any offense, just wondering out loud ! I shall whisper in future ...

FC
10.gif
11.gif
2.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Hey Final Cut!
wavey.gif

I like your "wonderings out loud". If we all whisper, then no discussion/debate occurs and information does not see the light of day.

This is a forum to learn, exchange ideas, and help others in their diamond buying process.

Being Net Speak, we don't get the face to face contact to see body language and facial expressions, or hear intonations in the voice. I certainly didn't take offense and I hope you didn't as well. You asked a Q and I tried to answer. Simple as that.
2.gif

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
FC - No offense taken. TriChrome - The point I'm making is that, everything on this forum should be taken with a grain of salt. Until any one of us actually go to the next step of personal interaction with any of these vendors, everything here is just words. If you choose never to buy through the internet, okay, your preference. I don't think anyone should buy completely sight unseen/unverified through the internet. But, an in-person transaction can be just as dangerous for the unwary consumer. Nobody should believe what anyone says here 100% without taking the extra step to verify that information. If somebody makes a suspicious post under a relatively new user, that's easy to spot. However, should someone make hundreds or thousands of posts under the guise of a single user id in order to promote specific vendors, that's a huge waste of time. My advice to anyone using this forum as a tool for buying a diamond or diamond jewelry, proceed with caution, not paranoia. I consider myself a cautious consumer and have found mush more comfort in the vendors here than in any b&m jeweler I've dealt with. But, then again, maybe I've been duped.

Glitter

Rough_Rock
FC -- I've been following your setting search. Did you decide on the DVatch Royal Crown, or the X-prong? I'm curious because I'm going through the same thought process.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wish I got some $$ kickback from GOG or NI or WF or whoever (cuz then I could buy more diamonds!!!), but I don't. I recommend stones based on my own opinion. No, I have not worked with them and bought a stone personally. But I have emailed both GOG and WF and they always answer my Q's quickly and appropriately. Just my experience. I have also been recently emailing Lesley about pricing on ACA melee stones. She responded in less than 24 hours. Not bad for Dir of Sales who could just pass on my email to someone else to handle. Plus WF does have pictures on their site, not of all stones, but of many--IS images and H&A images. They don't use Bscope, because of the accuracy doubts.

Again--if someone comes to Pscope, they hopefully are smart enough to continue to read and learn AND also listen to posters comments. But everyone makes their own decisions. I hope that no one ever feels pressured to buy a certain particular vendor from my posts..but rather just gets an idea of what is out there for them should they choose to peek.

The other day when I had some addtl time on my hands I actually surfed farther than normal and posted some DCD stones for a seeker, as well as GOG, WF etc. Of course they don't have enough info on their site to really make an educated decision, but it's not as though I am 'biased'...but rather just lazy and/or time constrained and as I noted, Pscope's cut quality engine is way too fun to pass up using.

I also feel that if someone comes here and posts a Q asking what sort of stone to buy and/or what their $$ will get them and/or is this stone nice, they are at the mercy of my opinion, because they just asked for it. Ask and you shall receive. Don't like the answer? Not really my problem! Don't ask next time.
2.gif

This forum is made up of many members and everyone has their own opinions on what floats the boat. If Abazias and DCD and other vendors want to frequent this forum like WF and NI and GOG and help posters with a non-sales focus, kudos. It may get them extra respect....I know I love to see Lesley or Rhino or someone posting things not related to them selling a stone, and I think it makes them seem more human and approachable to the average joe looking for a stone. The other vendors are faceless and nameless. I feel more comfortable recommending companies that have oodles of info on their site OR get my seal of approval on personality and/or business ethics. Just read the hoards of happy posts from buyers. Sure there is the odd disapproval post, but there's a sour apple in every barrel. Not a big deal! Personalities clash, things don't work out. I have been impressed enough with the companies I recommend in the way of their information, their stone quality, and their personalities or what I have read and/or experienced of their business ethics. That's really all that matters to me!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results