shape
carat
color
clarity

Question for Clairitek

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dearheart

Rough_Rock
Hi Clairitek,

I just noticed in one of your posts that you seem to be from the Philly area and went to a bridal consignment store nearby.

Would you mind telling me where it was?

I don''t often post- but have amped up my wedding planning since getting engaged over Labor Day 2008 and setting a wedding date of 11/14/09.

Thanks so much!

p.s. Love the final gown you posted! It''s lovely!

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
I don't want to be rude (PS etiquette?), and I'm sorry if I am, but I live in Philly and got my dress from Sabrina Ann in Ardmore (near the Main Line). They have a fabulous selection, and they're really nice! My dress retails for $2300 and I got it for $950.

Have you decided on a venue?

Their website: http://www.sabrinaann.com/

dearheart

Rough_Rock
Hi Lynnie!

Thank you so much for the information! I will definitely check out Sabrina Ann!

I have been checking oncewed.com and preownedweddingdresses.com (hoping to find a "gently worn" dress in my budget) but really think a consignment store where I can try something on will be the way to go for me.

I really appreciate the info!

We are actually getting married in Florida (not Philly), where I am from and most of my family still lives.

Can''t wait!

P.S. Was just looking at the Sabrina Ann website- their selection looks great!

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Grr Post got eaten...

No prob, dear!
They actually have more dresses than what''s on the website. They have a combo of pre-owned and samples. Some of the dresses I tried on has *slightly* noticable hem-dirt, but most were pristine. I ended up going with a sample La Sposa.

I wonder if Clairitek got hers here... there doesn''t seem to be many consignment shops in the area.

Best of luck!

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
I used to get some really amazing nice stuff at Revivals in Narberth, right on the corner when you pass over the bridge. I don''t know if they do wedding gowns as I have not been there in a while, but it might be worth a call to ask. Plus they may be able to get some in since I think they have sort of a network of people who consign there. HTH

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad Lynnie could help you find Sabrina Ann. Keep in mind that the selection on the website may not be whats in the store but you will definitely find some designer gowns there for cheap. Even though Sabrina Ann is a consignment shop it felt more elegant than most of the bridal salons I went to.

dearheart

Rough_Rock
Hi ladies,

Thank you again for your help! I will report back when I visit, probably in the next month or so.

I also thought I''d check out this place: http://www.weddingwire.com/biz/the-sample-rack-at-la-fourno-philadelphia/0eb89c5b219e42f2.html

It seems like a strange pairing- wedding gowns at an Italian restaurant, but could be worth a shot.

SBA, thanks for the tip about Revivals. I will check with them too. The other good consignment store I''ve heard about (maybe not for wedding dresses?) is the Junior League thrift shop in Ardmore. Love those kinds of places!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results