shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about yellow diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hera Anderson

Rough_Rock
I''m going to buy a Tacori setting with yellow diamonds. I would imagine they would use non treated yellow diamonds, but is there a way that I can check myself when I look at them? Someone please help me as I will be ordering it soon.

Hera

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
You need sophisticated gemological equipment to differentiate between treated and non-treated fancy color diamonds, as well as between lab created and natural fancy color diamonds.

Your best insurance is to get a bill of sale stating that the diamonds are natural and non-treated. Not many companies are going to be deceptive about something like that. It would be corporate suicide.

If you still would like further assurance, you would need the assistance of a serious gemologist, preferably with an SAS-2000 or FTIR spectrophotometer. I'm not receiving my SAS until the latter part of this year, so I would refer you to Marty Haske of ADAMAS laboratories in the meantime.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Are you talking about melee sizes??

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hera,
There is no way you can tell if the yellow is natural or treated. Like Rich said, get it in writting that your diamonds are natural yellow color and not treated.
Send us a picture when you get your ring. It sounds nice!

hera Anderson

Rough_Rock
I assume the term "melee" refers to smaller size diamonds? The diamonds in question will be two ~.15 size diamonds. Does it matter whether the letter stating they are natural diamonds comes from Tacori or from the authorized dealer?

Hera

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
I agree 100% with you, Rich. At this size(0.15), most probably they won't be certified... Just get a letter for the peace of your mind--it's worth it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results